audi-a6-avant-e-tron-concept-side-rear.j

audi-a6-avant-e-tron-concept-side-studio

audi-a6-avant-e-tron-concept-studio-city

audi-a6-avant-e-tron-concept-back-high-a

audi-a6-avant-e-tron-concept-charging-st

audi-a6-avant-e-tron-concept-graph-front

audi-a6-avant-e-tron-concept-graph-back-

audi-a6-avant-e-tron-concept-graph-rear-

audi-a6-avant-e-tron-concept-graph-side.

The Avant E-Tron shares the same dimensions as the earlier A6 Sportback E-Tron Concept. Both are 4.96 meters long, 1.96 meters wide, and 1.44 meters tall. The difference is in the rear styling where the Avant has a more angular roof to make room for the larger cargo area. The result of this sleek look is a 0.24 drag coefficient, versus 0.22 for the Sportback.  

The A6 Avant E-Tron Concept rides on the Premium Platform Electric (PPE), which is also underneath the forthcoming Q6 E-Tron crossover. It has an electric motor turning each axle for a total output of 469 horsepower (350 kilowatts) and 800 Newton-meters of torque.

Audi isn't disclosing the exact battery capacity but indicates the figure is around 100 kilowatt-hours. The 800-volt, 270-kilowatt recharging capacity allows for getting 300 kilometers of WLTP range within as little as 10 minutes. Less than 25 minutes is necessary to take the pack from 5 to 80 percent.

Depending on the powertrain, the production A6 Avant E-Tron would be able to reach 100 kilometers per hour in less than seven seconds or as quick as "well under four seconds" for high-performance models, according to the company's announcement. A rear-drive version of the electric A6 Avant would be capable of 700 kilometers on a charge.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 14

Nice but I was expecting the rear window and hatch to be like A6 Avant, which is really a nice looker. 

But anyhow, this Avant e-tron is still good looking. Plus those flush side glass are cool to look at.

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

We only go 50kw DC

Hope that 100-150kW public DC chargers will become more and more common in the near future, then I will seriously consider an EV as my next ride 😄

14 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Hope that 100-150kW public DC chargers will become more and more common in the near future, then I will seriously consider an EV as my next ride 😄

Even then...many would still take their own sweet time go makan go shopping go pangsai...first then slowly go pick up car...😅

Unless there're penalties to be imposed on overtimes...

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

21 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Wagon anytime for me! Went to look at taycan cross turismo but surprising it's quite small..

Taycan Cross Turismo is more of a sport hatch on high heel than estate / wagon. It don't even have a window behind the C pillar.

porsche_taycan_4s_cross_turismo_97_02bb0

15 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

EV hearse :slow:

You are wrong. Hearse usually have very high roofline (>1.7m) to facilitate the loading / unloading activity. This Avant concept is <1.5m in height, too low for the task.

14 hours ago, Ganwb79 said:

Borrowing design from the Arteon R shooting brake

Actually VAG produces relatively good looking and practical estate / wagon.

volkswagen_arteon_shooting_brake_eleganc

volkswagen_arteon_shooting_brake_eleganc

skoda_superb_combi_4_00ea00f4055803b2.jp

skoda_superb_combi_916_01b600e405af03dd.

audi_a6_40_tdi_quattro_s_line_avant_4_00

audi_a6_40_tdi_quattro_s_line_avant_1_00

• Praise 6

8 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Taycan Cross Turismo is more of a sport hatch on high heel than estate / wagon. It don't even have a window behind the C pillar.

porsche_taycan_4s_cross_turismo_97_02bb0

Right. Some so-call "shooting brake" body styles are just basically a hatchback, Panamera, G70 are just some examples. Wagons have longer rear overhang and the rear window between the C and D pillars are usually longer.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1