Putin starts “military operation” on Ukraine

happy_man

Turbocharged
39 minutes ago, Playtime said:

a more correct comparison will be a ... future imaginary... resurgent Malaysia taking over pulau tekong ubin already etc etc... then threatening to invade Singapore.

insisting that singapore deciding to seek closer military and political ties with other countries as unacceptable as malaysia should have "traditional" veto rights over what singapore can be allowed to do. 

you can bet your money that in the early days of singapores independence, this happened behind the scene. and we should thank those countries that came to our help openly or covertly.

actually what i mean is...

if Russia invades Ukraine and China invades Taiwan at the same time, can US able to cope fighting on both East and West fronts

• Haha! 2

16 minutes ago, Scion said:

if Russia invades Ukraine and China invades Taiwan at the same time, can US able to cope fighting on both East and West fronts

They can do sanctions on both front instead😆

• Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Scion said:

in that case... US unlikely to be able to handle 2 fronts. why should it if EU dont care?

but taiwan, thats another issue.  taiwan semi con is going to be.. maybe already close...  as important to the world economy as oil once was.

even without, strategically it effects japan, korea, SCS, Aus, even India... and by extension, definitely SEA. No one knows really how far it will go. lets hope nothing happens in our lifetimes.

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, Playtime said:

in that case... US unlikely to be able to handle 2 fronts. why should it if EU dont care?

but taiwan, thats another issue.  taiwan semi con is going to be.. maybe already close...  as important to the world economy as oil once was.

even without, strategically it effects japan, korea, SCS, Aus, even India... and by extension, definitely SEA. No one knows really how far it will go. lets hope nothing happens in our lifetimes.

It will be bad news for us if Taiwan is invaded.

I am not sure why ppl think that it is good.

• Praise 2
  • Angry 1

Just now, inlinesix said:

misguided chinese pride i guess.... my colour my colour right or wrong. but taiwnese also chinese and has much more similarity to our own journey leh.

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, Estrangable said:

good leh, all of us return back to the motherland. As what comrade happyman and vinyl are preaching... the east is red. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, Beregond said:

They can do sanctions on both front instead😆

Last time too much oil, they ban sor Lian oil, sor Lian thng Kor 

Now not enough oil, so sor Lian not scared bee Kok ban his oil :grin:

• Haha! 3

18 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Buying 100 gtx 3080, iPhone ipiak MacBook Pro nao!!!! 🤪

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, happy_man said:

Hmmm....I doubt this is about "demoracy" since Russians can vote too.

In fact, I discover the Russians overwhelming support Putin - Not just with his policy towards the NATO/US, but also over the "return" of Crimea after the Kiev revolution in 2013 that triggered civil war in eastern Ukraine, where Crimea is.  So your suggestion that Putin becoming "irreverent" is itself irreverent. 😜

Pew Survey on shows Putin approval surged to 85% after his checkmate move on Crimea in 2014.

Russia-Ukraine-Report-20.png

Fact check. Crimea has a big majority russian population. 

Though not sure if these crimean russians are deep rooted or not. Hee.

Chinese although form a big majority in singapore but i am sure almost none will wan2 pledge loyalty alligience to china.

But it could be diff for those russian in crimea.

Anyway historically during ww2. Some eastern europeans esp austrian did have nazi and german sympathasizers. 

Anyway its all history. Something to read and see if the current patterns repeats or can be avoided or not.

Not to say usa is a saint country. Though they had always been potrayed that way due to propoganda since who hows how many yrs back.

7 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Anyway historically during ww2. Some eastern europeans esp austrian did have nazi and german sympathasizers. 

Anyway its all history. Something to read and see if the current patterns repeats or can be avoided or not.

actually this history is where people get their love hate for other people. this is important. cannot forget history. i dont understand why many people fail to appreciate history. its not that people are born love or hate other people, it is the continued treatment of the people historically that breds a new generation of people with the old values.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Mustank said:

Last time too much oil, they ban sor Lian oil, sor Lian thng Kor 

Now not enough oil, so sor Lian not scared bee Kok ban his oil :grin:

Sor Lian is USSR.... Russia should be Black Screw. O lor see. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Mustank said:

If taiwan tio hoot, Apple Nvidia amd thng Kor big time

Intel jit tao Cheong $5000

Why would it matter? 

the tech become china and china mass produce and global demand sure met

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Why would it matter? 

the tech become china and china mass produce and global demand sure met