Putin starts “military operation” on Ukraine

happy_man

Supersonic

A decoy like a scarecrow. From afar, Russians probably don't know if it's real or not, just fire at it and waste bombs.

The real one may be hiding nearby, just to finish them off. Ukrainian soldiers are creative.

Edited by Kb27
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

my beng's crystal ball prediction ...

after Putin lost the war ... they will claimed victory and go home

propaganda talk cock sing song internally that ukraine "security concern" has been eliminated

dead and injured soldier got simi sai hero medal 

invasion might be ended and then the economic war continues .... [sly] 

2022-04-13_082854.png

He will do that once Russia takes Ukraine South and East.

Rumour is that he has to complete it by May 9

12 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

He will do that once Russia takes Ukraine South and East.

Rumour is that he has to complete it by May 9

Ukraine South ... i suspect Zelensky will do his best to retake/reclaim South

Ukraine East ... this is going to be a prolong endless "local war" .... i don't think Ukraine has resources to recapture East (Donbass area)

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Just now, Wt_know said:

Ukraine South ... i suspect Zelensky will do his best to retake South

Ukraine East ... this is going to be a prolong endless "local war" .... i don't think Ukraine has resources to recapture East (Donbass area)

No additional resources to protect Mariupol le.

Not sure whether Ukraine will spread itself thin to retake the south.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

No additional resources to protect Mariupol le.

Not sure whether Ukraine will spread itself thin to retake the south.

i think US/EU is supporting Ukraine with more and more firepower ... 

if Putin kor need to regroup his resources to East then Zelensky got change to reclaim South

isn't Putin plan is to take East + Crimea and whack Ukraine gao gao

if i can't have it, i damage it and leave Ukraine to suffer for years ... Ukraine need decades to rebuild ... Russia bought time for the next decade ...

even in the "proposed" peace plan ... Putin never ask for Ukraine South .... :grin:

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

i think US/EU is supporting Ukraine with more and more firepower ... 

if Putin kor need to regroup his resources to East then Zelensky got change to reclaim South

isn't Putin plan is to take East + Crimea and whack Ukraine gao gao

if i can't have it, i damage it and leave Ukraine to suffer for years ...

even in the "proposed" peace plan ... Putin never ask for Ukraine South .... :grin:

Peace Plan is just ruse la.

It will be good if Crimea can be taken back.

France and Germany did not provide too many firepower to Ukraine le.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/german-arms-maker-offers-weapons-ukraine-german-government-source-2022-04-10/

• Haha! 1

Right from the start, my take is give hell to putin’s army.   Bullies do not stop bullying through negotiations.

People who think Putin has nothing to lose and will just go nuclear, dont know anything about Putin. 

in any case if he is going to go nuclear, he will.   

Bullies are all the same regardless of age, race, langauge, organization , whatever. 

12 hours ago, yishunite said:

aZrn4q6_460s.jpg

if they so concern about Syria, Afghanistan go and start a thread and condemn USA. Most likely they couldn't careless about their plight either, only used them when it suits their purpose to support putin.

• Praise 2

23 minutes ago, Ender said:

if they so concern about Syria, Afghanistan go and start a thread and condemn USA. Most likely they couldn't careless about their plight either, only used them when it suits their purpose to support putin.

They aren’t being paid to speak up for those countries, that’s why, bringing them up is only as smokescreen and flashbang, deflect and distract

Edited by Macrosszero
  • Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, Ender said:

I think the main goal is to make USA look bad so that when their puppetmaster Putin does even worse things it merely looks "normal". Or else can blame victims?

Cant wait for happybot to jump in with more whataboutism

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, yishunite said:

I think the main goal is to make USA look bad so that when their puppetmaster Putin does even worse things it merely looks "normal". Or else can blame victims?

I already sense this form of argument is meaningless, not rational.. Didn't know they have a name for it til you posted it. 🤣

• Haha! 2

https://sg.yahoo.com/news/name-phone-address-haunting-photo-121003033.html

Name, Phone, Address: A Haunting Photo of a Child's Back Is Now a Symbol of Ukrainian Parents' Terror

The mother’s hands were shaking when she started writing on her 2-year-old’s body. They trembled so much that she couldn’t write correctly on her first try, even though the information was second nature: Her daughter’s name, Vira, along with her birth date and their family phone numbers.

“I thought that if my husband and I died, Vira could find who she is,” the mother, Oleksandra Makoviy, recalled.

For Vira, standing in a diaper in their house in Kyiv, the writing on her back was a game. She didn’t know that the bombing had begun.

Makoviy’s desperate attempt to prepare her daughter for the possibility of being orphaned as the family attempted to escape the Ukrainian capital during the Russian invasion has become a wrenching symbol of the anguish of a nation of parents.

A photo of Vira’s back that Makoviy shared on Instagram has been seen hundreds of thousands of times, after it was amplified by Ukrainian journalists and government officials. Messages of support poured in from people all over the world — many Ukrainian parents said they had taken similar action, and others turned the image into art honoring the country’s innocent on social media.

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy made a direct reference to efforts like Makoviy’s in a speech to the Spanish Parliament last week.

“Just imagine this: mothers in Ukraine write on the backs of their young children,” he said, adding that Russia was destroying “any basis of normal life.”

The photo’s wide reach has led some people, particularly on Twitter, to accuse Makoviy of staging the moment. But she said she shared the photo because she wanted her small audience at the time to feel the “madness” Ukrainian parents were enduring.

The start of Russia’s invasion on Feb. 24 left Makoviy in shock. She described going about the family’s daily routine in a dreamlike state, and recalled trying to play with Vira with the sound of bombs in the distance.

But Makoviy, a 33-year-old painter who was born and raised in Kyiv, was also aware that the man-made island they lived on along the Dnipro River had no underground shelter, she said. Visions of the horrors that Russian forces unleashed on the Syrian city of Aleppo flashed in her mind.

The family packed their car and drove out of the capital at night.

Before they left, Makoviy scrawled Vira’s information on her back. Vira’s age and inability to understand the situation were a blessing, Makoviy said. The child inherited a love of art — she liked to draw on her own body — and had no idea of the gravity of what her mother inscribed on her.

Still, Makoviy was brought to tears on the drive west by her daughter’s repeated pleas to go home and to see her grandmother, who had given her the teddy bear they brought along and didn’t escape Ukraine until later.

Makoviy, who could not sleep or keep food down until they crossed the border into Moldova, did not want to lie. “We can’t go home now,” she told her daughter.

The family eventually arrived in a village in the south of France, where they have found refuge. Speaking by phone, Makoviy said she thought that if the worst had happened, Vira might at least be able to look back at her mother’s Instagram, full of everyday moments from their life before the war, and see that she had been surrounded with love.

After their journey, Vira has physical reminders of that love as well — several volunteers on their route gifted her teddy bears. Along with the bear from her grandmother, who is traveling from Poland to reunite with her, she has amassed a small collection.

© 2022 The New York Times Company

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, yishunite said:

2 minutes ago, Ender said:

I already sense this form of argument is meaningless, not rational.. Didn't know they have a name for it til you posted it. 🤣

According to some local research, anti-west rhetoric has been used as an entry point to influence ppl on this invasion.

This kind of rhetoric has been apparent among at least 3 MCFer.

Most of them had disappeared from this thread.

• Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, Ender said:

I also never heard this term until this past month when lots of ppl said this is what the ruZZian trolls doing ... then I look it up and surprise so many memes lol

54 minutes ago, Ender said:

It's basically the tu quoque fallacy, and it's been with us since the dawn of philosophy. 

Apparently, Latin is too difficult for modern normies so they came up with a simpler neologism for it. 

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3