Putin starts “military operation” on Ukraine

happy_man

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Playtime said:

Everytime I see video of arty fire,  the whole gun shakes, then they just load another round and fire again.

Wouldn't that screw up the zero? Second round will be far off target right since the gun had moved. Any big gun soldiers can enlighten?🤣

I was never actually gunner (altho I got to do live fire once damn shiok lol) but they will check after each shot that the aim is calibrate correctly again... quite easy to make sure everything is line up as per before then adjust for where spotter tell you 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

2 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Pro-Russian separatists retreating with Russians soldiers, but they won't let them in... LOL [laugh]

So much for “liberating” the pro russian folksunder Nazi regime

1 hour ago, Playtime said:

Everytime I see video of arty fire,  the whole gun shakes, then they just load another round and fire again.

Wouldn't that screw up the zero? Second round will be far off target right since the gun had moved. Any big gun soldiers can enlighten?🤣

Look carefully - the layer was walking back to re-lay the gun. For 155 definitely needs to re-lay. But mortar (in the US case - ammo is cheap) sometimes they lob a few rounds before re-laying. 

Of course an experienced layer can re-lay quicker than the crew can reload. Our 155 the layer remains seated next to the breech block when firing.

• Praise 5

21 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

this guy knows more about  SGP than i do. feeling mbarassing. 

And he gotten the actual videos from pioneer. At least he is more factual than many other youtuber.

Now I know why she feel so yaya..🤣🤣

vlcsnap-2021-05-17-11h17m33s895.png

• Haha! 5

Twincharged
57 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Look carefully - the layer was walking back to re-lay the gun. For 155 definitely needs to re-lay. But mortar (in the US case - ammo is cheap) sometimes they lob a few rounds before re-laying. 

Of course an experienced layer can re-lay quicker than the crew can reload. Our 155 the layer remains seated next to the breech block when firing.

Does those SPG automise this relaying?

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

So much for “liberating” the pro russian folksunder Nazi regime

Death is a kind of liberation. May they be liberated

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Arty is area target. 1 battalion have 18 guns can fire a salvo together. Bao Tio one. 

Tia kong now the rounds are gps guided. Blind also can strike 十点。😀

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

27 minutes ago, Hoseyboh said:

Arty is area target. 1 battalion have 18 guns can fire a salvo together. Bao Tio one. 

Tia kong now the rounds are gps guided. Blind also can strike 十点。😀

Seeing how some of the Ukrainian arty hit the vehicles on the first strike, they should be using some laser guided rounds (like US Copperhead) before hitting with more unguided ammo.

Actually if you are under cover, quite hard for arty to hit you with unguided ammo. Shell-shocked yes, dying no. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
57 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Seeing how some of the Ukrainian arty hit the vehicles on the first strike, they should be using some laser guided rounds (like US Copperhead) before hitting with more unguided ammo.

Actually if you are under cover, quite hard for arty to hit you with unguided ammo. Shell-shocked yes, dying no. 

Seen videos where the first series of individual rounds are extremely accurate like got preselected... looked to me got FSO  lasering.

later on is barrage fire,  spread look easily 100m

• Praise 1

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Atonchia said:

And he gotten the actual videos from pioneer. At least he is more factual than many other youtuber.

Now I know why she feel so yaya..🤣🤣

vlcsnap-2021-05-17-11h17m33s895.png

haha yao guan hoi xi ? 又关她(屁)事.

I beleive this guy is a CBI(China Borned Italian) by now . his view quite neutral and he did his work before writing his blog.

(edited)
50 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

haha yao guan hoi xi ? 又关她(屁)事.

I beleive this guy is a CBI(China Borned Italian) by now . his view quite neutral and he did his work before writing his blog.

He spoke about the prowess of our Navy and she was the chief of one of the ship.

probably that's why she felt so powerful 🤣🤣

Edited by Atonchia
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Playtime said:

Seen videos where the first series of individual rounds are extremely accurate like got preselected... looked to me got FSO  lasering.

later on is barrage fire,  spread look easily 100m

Can also be careful editing... you never see the rounds that miss lol

Turbocharged
(edited)

Spectacular video reportedly captured by PRC journalist of Phoenix TV, who cheated death while travelling in the cam car.

PRC journalists are embedded with russian forces, or at least, produce news that are more tilted to russian POV, so can't say this is fake video or ukr propaganda.

Those soldiers in the open-bed truck just in front surely got to change pants after that!

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 2

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

Spectacular video reportedly captured by PRC journalist of Phoenix TV, who cheated death while travelling in the cam car.

PRC journalists are embedded with russian forces, or at least, produce news that are more tilted to russian POV, so can't say this is fake video or ukr propaganda.

Those soldiers in the open-bed truck just in front surely got to change pants after that!

The turret must have reached a world record height! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1