Putin starts “military operation” on Ukraine

happy_man

5 hours ago, Playtime said:

CECA tank only 3.7M........ zhu guo only 2.6M... SAF should consider, much cheaper than our conti ones 😁... but the warantee dunno how only.

Zhu guo 2.6m but capabilities like 6.2m US made😆

4 hours ago, Playtime said:

Yeah I remember eng hen talked about it, Germany was selling off its tank fleet left and right,  seemed like it came unexpectedly and the price was unbeatable. So quick quick grab, no doubt Singapore was a "safe" uncontroversial customer to German parliament to approve. 

Before that,  ST  was even reportedly working on a light tank,  clearly targeting a replacement for the old amx13.

Come to think of it, saf supposedly had hundreds of various M113s and amx each. Wonder where they went. Even the early Bionix may have been retired with Hunters coming on line. 

Imagine... our old bionixs showing up in Ukraine,  be nice to see how they do in real life. 😅

Would you choose to be in a locked room with a wounded bear? Why would Singapore want to risk offending Russia by directly aiding Ukraine with weapons?

Those who dare to provide aid are big enough to be reckoned with, or like Poland, be personally at risk of sharing a border with Russia.

17 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Would you choose to be in a locked room with a wounded bear? Why would Singapore want to risk offending Russia by directly aiding Ukraine with weapons?

Those who dare to provide aid are big enough to be reckoned with, or like Poland, be personally at risk of sharing a border with Russia.

It's a hypothetical question my friend.

9 hours ago, Playtime said:

the new M1 design is supoosedly hybrid.... so silent may actually come ture...

Think they need the electric engine to drive all the electrical systems. Seems from task and purpose, that the current systems overloading the current design of the pre digital drive train. So heavy one MBT probably can only drive very short distance on electric. 

Especially if they want to fit laser anti missile systems. 

Edited by Lala81

11 hours ago, Playtime said:

CECA tank only 3.7M........ zhu guo only 2.6M... SAF should consider, much cheaper than our conti ones 😁... but the warantee dunno how only.

Maybe like their phone companies, guarantee 3 years of system updates.

1 hour ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

13 hours ago, Playtime said:

spare parts can order from taobao, why worry? lol...

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Later want to fire one round have to watch their ads first.

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Ghgan said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-doesn-t-have-enough-tanks-to-send-ukraine-pentagon-admits/ar-AA16MIc8

means what? Germany got played out. German chancellor said they will send tanks only if the US sends tanks. US announce they wills end tanks to force Germany to send tanks. Luckily Germany haven't send their tanks yet.. still can backtrack also.. Lol.

While I regard the news site as a reliable (not sensational) one, I highly doubt that the US army couldn't spare 31 Abrams tanks and I am sure Germany knows more than I do and would likewise give the US a hard poke. Have a look at this holding site - each of those little rectangles is an Abrams tank mothballed in the Californian desert awaiting reactivation. All the talk about classified armour needs to take into account that the Americans have lost Abrams with that classified depleted uranium armour in Iraq and the Russians would have already played scrap collector - thus talk about sending export down-armoured versions is,probably a smokescreen. If anything, it is probably OpSec to make it vague when and how many of these tanks would start showing up on the battlefield.

• Praise 2

10 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

While I regard the news site as a reliable (not sensational) one, I highly doubt that the US army couldn't spare 31 Abrams tanks and I am sure Germany knows more than I do and would likewise give the US a hard poke. Have a look at this holding site - each of those little rectangles is an Abrams tank mothballed in the Californian desert awaiting reactivation. All the talk about classified armour needs to take into account that the Americans have lost Abrams with that classified depleted uranium armour in Iraq and the Russians would have already played scrap collector - thus talk about sending export down-armoured versions is,probably a smokescreen. If anything, it is probably OpSec to make it vague when and how many of these tanks would start showing up on the battlefield.

There's more M1s than the US army knows what to do with. 

But The only M1 factory line is jammed with Polish and Taiwanese orders now for at least 2 years. Realistically Polish order takes priority,  without M1 to Poland,  she cannot release her old inventory to ukraine. So it's not possible to starting working on modifying ex stock US M1s for Ukraine. 

This is really just US providing the political cover for Germany to provide tanks.. :" see la... US give already then I give one hor... not I start one.."

Unlike Bradleys and Strykers... take from amazon warehouse,  200 units just go. 

But who knows,  we might even see some middle east users suddenly donate their export model M1s 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Playtime
  • Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Playtime said:

There's more M1s than the US army knows what to do with. 

But The only M1 factory line is jammed with Polish and Taiwanese orders now for at least 2 years. Realistically Polish order takes priority,  without M1 to Poland,  she cannot release her old inventory to ukraine. So it's not possible to starting working on modifying ex stock US M1s for Ukraine. 

This is really just US providing the political cover for Germany to provide tanks.. :" see la... US give already then I give one hor... not I start one.."

Unlike Bradleys and Strykers... take from amazon warehouse,  200 units just go. 

But who knows,  we might even see some middle east users suddenly donate their export model M1s 🤷‍♂️

Forgot to mention - the US Marine Corps only recently gave up their tanks in 2021 as well. If they really wanted to give tanks to Ukraine, they could have proposed to swap full specification tanks to a trusted ally like Australia and tell them to give their M1A1s to Ukraine.

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Forgot to mention - the US Marine Corps only recently gave up their tanks in 2021 as well. If they really wanted to give tanks to Ukraine, they could have proposed to swap full specification tanks to a trusted ally like Australia and tell them to give their M1A1s to Ukraine.

if im not wrong, the armour is under no export restriction (similar to f22), not even for Australia.

the US marine ones are probably the ones being zhng for Poland already as a temp solution while their new build ones are being done. 

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/poland-takes-delivery-of-1st-batch-of-us-made-m1-abrams-tanks/2639806

lol.... thought the other time, got usa politician or something said everything accounted for... now got report say corruption....

On 1/27/2023 at 10:28 AM, Playtime said:

You should go read about the Arjun. A piece of crap. I won’t pay more than scrap metal for it. 

• Haha! 2

23 hours ago, Playtime said:

Yeah I remember eng hen talked about it, Germany was selling off its tank fleet left and right,  seemed like it came unexpectedly and the price was unbeatable. So quick quick grab, no doubt Singapore was a "safe" uncontroversial customer to German parliament to approve. 

Before that,  ST  was even reportedly working on a light tank,  clearly targeting a replacement for the old amx13.

Come to think of it, saf supposedly had hundreds of various M113s and amx each. Wonder where they went. Even the early Bionix may have been retired with Hunters coming on line. 

Imagine... our old bionixs showing up in Ukraine,  be nice to see how they do in real life. 😅

Cannot la. We donate even old stuff our neighbors will kpkb. 

54 minutes ago, Ghgan said:

lol.... thought the other time, got usa politician or something said everything accounted for... now got report say corruption....

They have had a corruption problem at highest levels all the way back for years. A little bit like malaysia, so to speak. Zelensky is trying to do an 'anwar' to purge all these bad hats and cronies from the government, but it is a difficult task to remove these deep-rooted culture, just like in malaysia. If he poke too hard, he himself might make too many powerful enemies. Just have to make do with 'unity government' [laugh]

Edited by Sosaria
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4