Jump to content

Putin starts “military operation” on Ukraine


happy_man
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Why would it matter? 
 

the tech become china and china mass produce and global demand sure met

 Before the country tio Jiak, the machines Kena jit bah booms Liao Loh 

The machine very hard to make one 

YouTube people say one 😁


I just watch YouTube I don’t whether this guy got anyhow how siao one ah

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Scion said:

actually what i mean is...

if Russia invades Ukraine and China invades Taiwan at the same time, can US able to cope fighting on both East and West fronts

look at it this way. us destabilize ukraine and attempted to coup kazakhstan. can russia cope fighting both fronts? 

its a good thing the kazakh unrest was put down quickly and not so wide support by the people.

  • Shocked 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

I think China is watching how US is handling the Ukraine situation closely. It's like a mirror for Taiwan.

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Playtime said:

misguided chinese pride i guess.... my colour my colour right or wrong. but taiwnese also chinese and has much more similarity to our own journey leh.

Misguided? I think it is guided.

  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Spurman said:

Fact check. Crimea has a big majority russian population.  Though not sure if these crimean russians are deep rooted or not. Hee.Chinese although form a big majority in singapore but i am sure almost none will wan2 pledge loyalty alligience to china. But it could be diff for those russian in crimea.Anyway historically during ww2. Some eastern europeans esp austrian did have nazi and german sympathasizers. Anyway its all history. Something to read and see if the current patterns repeats or can be avoided or not.Not to say usa is a saint country. Though they had always been potrayed that way due to propoganda since who hows how many yrs back.

I did a fact check - Crimea is a ethnic Russians majority region . So it wasn't a surprise 97% voted to leave Ukraine and join Russia during the 2014 referendum. So by right, the Crimean had decided to become part of Russia via Democratic process. So where is the alleged "Russian invasion"?

I also fact check SG's own history - We gain independence not because the Chinese-majority island voted to leave M'sia, but rather we were kicked out precisely because of SG's ethnic makeup. I suggest you understand the difference. 😜

Mar 2014 - Official results: 97% of Crimea voters back joining Russia

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/official-results-97-of-crimea-voters-back-joining-russia/

 

564yeter.png

  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Scion said:

actually what i mean is...

if Russia invades Ukraine and China invades Taiwan at the same time, can US able to cope fighting on both East and West fronts

CCP should be smart enough not to let their ego cloud their mind to attack Taiwan, when Russia invade Ukraine, In today Chinese weak economy, pocket no longer as deep as before plus Nov 2022 "election". any weakness in war give Jiang faction an upperhand to whack Winnie.

A person at Jamie Dimon level already slip tongue and hint on Capitol Hill intention. American wouldn’t want a swift and decisive war win with 
China on Taiwan, but to drag the war as long as possible like how American were drag into Vietnam War! to drain China resources and economy .

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-11-24/jamie-dimon-had-a-serious-observation-about-china-that-is-cold-hard-analysis

The war with Taiwan will never be easy like how the little pinky wishes conquer Taiwan in a day or 2. If easy CCP will already have taken it like how they take Hong Kong, and the war will not be  Americans alone, many nations already voice support for Taiwan not just by talking but sending out their navies from countries as far as UK, Germany, France, Holland, Canada to South China Sea with QUAD and the formation of AUKUS. Everyone is taking action preparing for the day if CCP act.

USA will always have US strike group lurking around South China Sea ready for war deployment. 

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2022/01/18/vinson-strike-group-essex-arg-conduct-operations-in-south-china-sea/

so to answer your question , I think yes because US is not fighting alone and those with invested interest nations have their Navies lurking around South China sea, whether in form of joint military exercise (this is important and the number of exercises increases the last 2 years) or freedom of navigation

Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Didu said:

I think China is watching how US is handling the Ukraine situation closely. It's like a mirror for Taiwan.

Actually, China takes no position over Ukraine-Russia dispute and nor is it bothered with US meddling in that region  What China is really interested is how US ends up looking more like a trouble maker and watching how Biden stumble over the confusion he had sow. In any case, unlike TW, Ukraine is a country and a full fledge UN member. 😜

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
9 minutes ago, D3badge said:

....USA will always have US strike group lurking around South China Sea ready for war deployment. 

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2022/01/18/vinson-strike-group-essex-arg-conduct-operations-in-south-china-sea/

so to answer your question , I think yes because US is not fighting alone and those with invested interest nations have their Navies lurking around South China sea, whether in form of joint military exercise (this is important and the number of exercises increases the last 2 years) or freedom of navigation

😜

 

Edited by happy_man
Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, D3badge said:

CCP should be smart enough not to let their ego cloud their mind to attack Taiwan, when Russia invade Ukraine, In today Chinese weak economy, pocket no longer as deep as before plus Nov 2022 "election". any weakness in war give Jiang faction an upperhand to whack Winnie.

A person at Jamie Dimon level already slip tongue and hint on Capitol Hill intention. American wouldn’t want a swift and decisive war win with 
China on Taiwan, but to drag the war as long as possible like how American were drag into Vietnam War! to drain China resources and economy .

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-11-24/jamie-dimon-had-a-serious-observation-about-china-that-is-cold-hard-analysis

The war with Taiwan will never be easy like how the little pinky wishes conquer Taiwan in a day or 2. If easy CCP will already have taken it like how they take Hong Kong, and the war will not be  Americans alone, many nations already voice support for Taiwan not just by talking but sending out their navies from countries as far as UK, Germany, France, Holland, Canada to South China Sea with QUAD and the formation of AUKUS. Everyone is taking action preparing for the day if CCP act.

USA will always have US strike group lurking around South China Sea ready for war deployment. 

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2022/01/18/vinson-strike-group-essex-arg-conduct-operations-in-south-china-sea/

so to answer your question , I think yes because US is not fighting alone and those with invested interest nations have their Navies lurking around South China sea, whether in form of joint military exercise (this is important and the number of exercises increases the last 2 years) or freedom of navigation

invade taiwan will not be easy, not becos got aukus or quad, but it alone will cost many lives on both sides and puncture the economy too. time is on chinas side. its very likely there wont be an invasion unless they declare independence. its a balance of economy and security. if things remain the same and economy grow, they can wait until the time when many in taiwan prefer to look for jobs in china than in taiwan.

if security is threatened, then all bets are off. no need to think too much about all these dragging war and drain china resource... becos no other vietnam or nk want to fight another war. only the us is spoiling for 1.

last time i checked, the navies of the west were not here to keep the peace, they were the colonial masters when indonesia, vietnam, burma, india and philippines fought for independence.

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mustank said:

Wah!!! Amdk jiu shi amdk! So beautiful 

No money go ☹️

Ukraine has lots of beautiful place and beautiful women too...But also corrupted. It is so corrupted that it is ranked 117th out of 180 on transparency index. But that didn't stop single man settling down down with a Ukrainian wife... Just ask this guy from 山东 who was just as clueless about Ukraine as some MCFers...😝

_105021079_img_8450.jpg.webp

 

  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Spurman said:

 

Fact check. Crimea has a big majority russian population. 

Though not sure if these crimean russians are deep rooted or not. Hee.

Chinese although form a big majority in singapore but i am sure almost none will wan2 pledge loyalty alligience to china.

But it could be diff for those russian in crimea.

Anyway historically during ww2. Some eastern europeans esp austrian did have nazi and german sympathasizers. 

Anyway its all history. Something to read and see if the current patterns repeats or can be avoided or not.

Not to say usa is a saint country. Though they had always been potrayed that way due to propoganda since who hows how many yrs back.

 

I love China being strong and rich...

Because $$$$ will flow here.🤣🤣

And we can buy cheap and good stuff from TB.

That's it.

 

Not too sure on Russia and Crimea and those territory with russian speaking/culture part of Ukraine will want to join Russia.

 

If you ask me if I want Woodland, Ubin and Tekong to join MY since so much similarities.....in language, culture, and ethnicity......

I don't think anyone in SG will agree to that. 

  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

even the mighty Soviet Union during WW2 couldn't have survive a 2 front wars

against Germany (west) and Japan (east)

but as we know, Japan chose to invade Southwards (into Southeast Asia) instead and the rest is history

Soviet Union able to fend off Germany (with help of harsh winter), and later turned back to whack Japan

what i'm saying is that in history, it's extremely difficult for a mighty country, even a superpower, to be dragged into a war on 2 or more fronts... unless you are the Mongols! 😁

  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Scion said:

even the mighty Soviet Union during WW2 couldn't have survive a 2 front wars

against Germany (west) and Japan (east)

but as we know, Japan chose to invade Southwards (into Southeast Asia) instead and the rest is history

Soviet Union able to fend off Germany (with help of harsh winter), and later turned back to whack Japan

what i'm saying is that in history, it's extremely difficult for a mighty country, even a superpower, to be dragged into a war on 2 or more fronts... unless you are the Mongols! 😁

Soviets jap

Russia PRC

Seems like 换汤不换药。potential remake of same movie in progress 🤣... didn't end well for japan.. not talking about bombs, but on lands lost.

 

 

  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mustank said:

Wah!!! Amdk jiu shi amdk! So beautiful 

No money go ☹️

Do one on the people... they got beautiful women 😝

  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Nolicense said:

invade taiwan will not be easy, not becos got aukus or quad, but it alone will cost many lives on both sides and puncture the economy too. time is on chinas side. its very likely there wont be an invasion unless they declare independence. its a balance of economy and security. if things remain the same and economy grow, they can wait until the time when many in taiwan prefer to look for jobs in china than in taiwan.

if security is threatened, then all bets are off. no need to think too much about all these dragging war and drain china resource... becos no other vietnam or nk want to fight another war. only the us is spoiling for 1.

last time i checked, the navies of the west were not here to keep the peace, they were the colonial masters when indonesia, vietnam, burma, india and philippines fought for independence.

That was to answer his question whether can US will be able to "defend" taiwan if Russia and China attack on both end. thus my reply is very possible because US isn't fighting alone and many others nations navies are in the regions too.

 

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...