Singapore, Malaysia to reopen land borders to vaccinated travellers; all modes of transport allowed

zipping

Kena a rookie once...decided to have some fun...was told that I'd clocked 125 on a 110 stretch...I argued that I set to cruise at 110...he could wait for me to show him my car datalog if he had the time...then said better to settle the fine on the spot then to go nearby mata mata she'd...asked for the summon so that I could pay upon exiting the country...he waved me on...

I was doing 140ish when I saw a figure 15 behind some oil barrels one km earlier in one of the hotpots...😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

I have doubts and concerns over the borders opening, it is NOT that I do not support G policies, however I have the hunch that things will not go smoothly as planned, 

The execution of opening were under closed doors meetings hush hush manner, or a product of one state poor sufferings of economy and us being dragged in to help eliminate the suffering. During the extreme measures of C-19 vaccinated or unvaccinated matters has been taken into consideration? Who has more to gain than losses in the opening, well I will not go on the details . . .it'a so obvious

There will be ppl who needs to return to JB, KL whatever . . . there will be ppl for medical, personal circumstances or lost of loved ones during the difficult period need to do what's required, we do understand, however for those ppl who merely has the tendency to visit Johore Bahru for Leisures and Pleasures, well it's another matters altogether, towards the end of the day, once open borders difficult to control the amount of our own ppl returning home to their families, their colleagues in office and things can spiral badly. and those those brothers/ sisters who go on merely for petrol , I reckon there. some gonna to spent more than save less, divide by the car jammed hour/s duration, stuck at causeway, certain not worth it, last not least, all the VEP and such that we had gone through b4 C-19 is/was long forgotten, nothing has been mentioned about it. New PM new policy

I agree with you, don't go JB in for next few months. 

Leave it to kamikaze recee party from MCF. 😂😂😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Supercharged
On 3/26/2022 at 10:14 AM, Meanmachine said:

Bet both Govt failed to provide safety of citizens in view off the states high crimes rate, we citizens not going in to be robbed in JB, what significance milestones can both G achieve by opening borders without proper planning , past 2 years of C-19 has stained the VEPs and most of it documents has been out on hold till expired, opening legs is easy I suppose, if any head of states welcome bilateral relationships to be cordial, warmth and sustainability, then safer security and crimes free must be ensured to protect the welfare of its peoples. To us that is top priority to get assurance from the Malaysian side.

Alamak. Adults leow still spoon feed meh. 

Scare dun drive in lar.

Machiam the strawberries comprain queu swatch. No food eat. Cannot pee. Cannot pang sai. Cannot masterbed. 

They got forcr u queue or not. Got force u drive in or not

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 6

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, inlinesix said:

As long as you don’t pay them kopi money, no summon will be issued.

It's not so much the Polis. Rather, men walking around with badges asking to show the MY app, proof of vaccination, etc. and  summon and pay on the spot. Quite a few will fall for that. 

2 hours ago, Karoon said:

It's not so much the Polis. Rather, men walking around with badges asking to show the MY app, proof of vaccination, etc. and  summon and pay on the spot. Quite a few will fall for that. 

Once mysejahtera registered your vaccination status, no worries liao.

The only problem is forget to check in. It is RM100 summon.

3 hours ago, Voodooman said:

I agree with you, don't go JB in for next few months. 

Leave it to kamikaze recee party from MCF. 😂😂😂

We watch how our buddy go kamikaze into jb for next 2-3 mths before we decide to go in haha

• Haha! 1

37 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Once mysejahtera registered your vaccination status, no worries liao.

The only problem is forget to check in. It is RM100 summon.

I heard street parking these days are all online. Need to download an app too.

28 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

We watch how our buddy go kamikaze into jb for next 2-3 mths before we decide to go in haha

Don't think i can wait 2-3 months. Wahaha...

But I m going KL.

Anyway, not so complicated lah, just back to BAU, don't need to reinvent the wheels, just add 1 more step to check vaccination status. So the hush hush discussion behind closed doors are probably boring BAU stuff. 

If scare of Covid, of course stay home lah.

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/singaporeans-make-plans-to-travel-to-johor-as-bus-operators-brace-for-surge-in-demand

Singaporeans make plans to travel to Johor as bus operators brace themselves for surge in demand

Like many other Singaporeans, Mr Lin used to regularly drive into Malaysia for meals, massages, shopping and staycations prior to the pandemic.

But he expressed some concerns about the pandemic's impact on crime in Johor Baru. With Singaporeans now set to return, he hopes authorities will look into the situation seriously.

"I heard that crime there is more rampant now, and even my friends in Johor Bahru are advising us not to go in unnecessarily," said Mr Lin.

ads-mrlin-26032022.jpg?VersionId=49vgzaL

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I heard street parking these days are all online. Need to download an app too.

Yup. Different state different app.

• Praise 2
  • Sad 1

Even my relatives advised against going in now as crime is everywhere (not widely reported in media). own resident also kena if SG vehicle sure something will happened.

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Don't think i can wait 2-3 months. Wahaha...

But I m going KL.

Anyway, not so complicated lah, just back to BAU, don't need to reinvent the wheels, just add 1 more step to check vaccination status. So the hush hush discussion behind closed doors are probably boring BAU stuff. 

If scare of Covid, of course stay home lah.

I scared of the car paperwork of entering malaysia

sekali they try to find fault like vep, rfid etc

• Praise 1

40 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I scared of the car paperwork of entering malaysia

sekali they try to find fault like vep, rfid etc

People worry too much about that stuff.

How many people even changed cars these last two years? My current one's not been across the border so far.

Planning to drive across the Causeway this weekend as have not seen my parents since 2020.  I understand need MySejahtera app and VEP tag, however...

When I tried to register for MySejahtera app the address registration dropdown menu had a "State" which only has Malaysian states, and is a mandatory field.  Do I use my parent's address? But then I Singaporean, not Malaysian, not MY PR.  Do I put my Singapore address and just randomly pick a State?  What to do, what to do...

Anyone has applied for MySejahtera in the past using a Singapore address? What did you do?  

Also do we need a working VEP tag?  Before they closed the causeway in 2020, the VEP sensor was not working, so having the tag or not was not an issue.  We pay for the VEP and toll using TnG card which I have.  Unfortunately I replaced my windshield due crack and the VEP tag is gone.  I cannot apply for a new tag as my current tag is still valid.  When I tried to deactivate the current tag, the system says the backend server is not responding and to call VEP admin.  When I searched for and called VEP admin I get a number not working.  I thought maybe no need the VEP tag, but then ST published an email reply from the JPJ saying its still needed.  And the website says if you don't have a VEP tag is a RM150 fine.  Any idea if VEP tag is a must if we can pay the VEP and toll manually?

Malaysia really boleh, so crap.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1