Have you got your Moonwatch from Swatch x Omega yet? LoL

Watwheels

6 minutes ago, Starry said:

I would think most of  them knows very little about the Moonwatch.   They are either flippers or just want a very affordable watch with the Omega word on it .

Ya. quite a few of my friends who wanted the watch dont really know about the speedmaster moonwatch. They are kind of casual, budget collectors. But still love watches though. i also saw a few online post about people seeing scalpers and resellers in the queue.🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

54 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

Should buy this Swatch instead.. at least it's stainless steel casing & leather strap.. instead of the plastic casing & velcro strap.. and it's $110 cheaper..

https://www.swatch.com/en-sg/casual-blue-yvs466/YVS466.html

Totally agree, at least it looks like a fine piece of watch, though in my mind, swiss watches should be in automatic, and not quartz.

• Praise 1

51 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Got Omiga word big big 

sibei worth it!

:D

Maybe Buy the OMICRON brand for you MIL? 

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Starry said:

I would think most of  them knows very little about the Moonwatch.   They are either flippers or just want a very affordable watch with the Omega word on it .

@Starrybe confident.. take away the first 3 words…

I was one level above the swatch shop and can audibly hear a young punk shouting at a police officer. Sadly.. I missed those days of mutual respect.. don’t know what the society is becoming…

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, Starry said:

For most people, a watch is unnecessary because you can use the phone to tell time.

I used to think the same, until one day, I realised that inside that mechanical watch, there are 200-300 small parts (complication watches will have even more parts) that has be machined and hand-assembled perfectly in order to tell accurate time.   No batteries required.

And this "tech" was invented more than 100-200 years ago, made it even more impressive.  It is a historical display of human craftsmanship and ingenuity. 

When we wear a watch today, we wear a piece of that century old  human ingenuity and their historical significance.  It is not just to tell time. 

And in the case of the Omega Speedmaster,  it is the only watch that is certified to go to the Moon.  Many brands were tested, but only Omega Speedmaster was selected.  The watch not only has to be accurate, but it has to withstand the extreme conditions that are different from Earth.  When Apollo 13 got into trouble, it was the Speedmaster that was used in 2 occasions to help the astronauts safely back to Earth.  The re-entry timing back to Earth was  so critical that any error would have rendered the astronauts forever in space. No other watches could say that they  have done such a life saving feat at a  distance of 384,400 Km away from Earth.

If you can appreciate the above, you will understand why people pay crazy money to wear a good watch when a cheap smartphone could have done the job and more.

to 95% of the pple, wearing a watch is not to tell time...

90% of these 95% wear as accessory. the other 10% of these 95% wear to tell the world: i am rich

• Haha! 10

Turbocharged
21 hours ago, Blueray said:

SG so many Roberts.

no wonder scammers have high success rate here. [;)]

it's a global phenomenon... there were queues, squabbling and laughable reselling prices from US to UK to HK, not only SG

funny as it is, it's certainly one of the best marketing moves in recent years

😁

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 3/28/2022 at 8:41 AM, Watwheels said:

The news of ppl queueing for this moonwatch has got ppl losing their mind. 

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/man-challenges-police-take-your-gun-shoot-me-woman-so-hungry-going-faint-swatch-omega-singapore  Shoot me lah!

Little did I know it was a global launch.

In Hong Kong. https://www.timeout.com/hong-kong/news/omega-x-swatch-collab-sparks-shopping-frenzy-032622

In Australia. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10653895/MoonSwatch-frenzy-Chadstone-shopping-centre-customers-queue-hours.html

In London, Edinburgh, Delhi, Melbourne, Rotterdam, Bologne and New York. LoL....

https://theparadise.ng/thousands-queue-at-watch-shops-across-the-globe-to-get-the-must-have-moonswatch/

image.jpg

Cheap and desirable. Cheap as in cheaper than luxury watches.

basically a mass orgy there. will action be taken from the video and photo ?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/clarke-quay-new-years-eve-gathering-charges-2579031

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

16 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Ya. quite a few of my friends who wanted the watch dont really know about the speedmaster moonwatch. They are kind of casual, budget collectors. But still love watches though. i also saw a few online post about people seeing scalpers and resellers in the queue.🤣

I got a hunch most of those who queue like mad are either scalpers or those who want bragging rights of being the first.

19 hours ago, mikk123 said:

well said. please go and buy a real speedmaster, not a plastic one that color fades and spoils in less than a year. 

Yeah, pls go buy the Omega Speedmaster. 

Anyway it is a good marketing move to sell Swatch and Omega.

With the mass orgy around the world over the past weekend, all will get their Omega sooner than expected, and I am NOT referring to the watch but COVID-19 variants.

greek-letters.png

SPF should consider displaying this at all Swatch outlets, just saying... :D

LhZSbZh.png

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 17

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, lexiton said:

this watch feels super cheap

pity those queuers 

Beauty is in beholders' eyes; much as rationality can be subjective.....lol

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, lexiton said: