Registration for MySejahtera

Cosmicclaw

(edited)
23 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Nothing you can do in Singapore if your card is not working.

My best advice for you is go ownself 1st lo

Best advice here indeed.. 👍

Ownself go in first to check it out.....

I hear say from someone here that can go check out the SPA at the hotels there too... 🤔🤭.

Edited by Twister
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Cos I don't want to get stuck... I got two little kids and I going in in June... hahaha... so try to prepare lar... having 2 bawling kids with a non-working card is quite jialat...

I also don't want to be the one getting cursed from behind......another reason to go through Tuas side, the MY immigration counters don't block anybody behind.

34 minutes ago, bsswan said:

I also don't want to be the one getting cursed from behind......another reason to go through Tuas side, the MY immigration counters don't block anybody behind.

Oh really? I thought Woodlands side also the same configuration like Tuas... I haven't been through Woodlands for more than 10 years by car... only by bus for work trips...

3 hours ago, bsswan said:

I  registered the app a few days ago, uploaded my MOH vax certificate as jpg, not Notorize version, and app already shows I'm fully vaccinated etc.

Full Singapore address is inside, only says my state is Johor but everything else is correct.

Filled in my arrival detail for tomorrow morning as I will drive up to KL, hoping my only TnG card is accepted. It says expiry mid-2026 with slightly more than RM40 on it so, in theory, should be good to go......my first trip across the border in three years.

you can go tuas side instead of woodlands since there is more space to wait at the side in case things go south..

Those mobile vendor selling Touch and go cards are no longer here sadly.( Up to end of april only)

That time I went was 30 april which was the last day they were still around so managed to buy touch and go card from them since my old card expired.

Once clear immigration go to the nearest R and r at gelang petah area to top up your card at the rest stop itself or the  nearby petrol station.

7 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

you can go tuas side instead of woodlands since there is more space to wait at the side in case things go south..

Those mobile vendor selling Touch and go cards are no longer here sadly.( Up to end of april only)

That time I went was 30 april which was the last day they were still around so managed to buy touch and go card from them since my old card expired.

Once clear immigration go to the nearest R and r at gelang petah area to top up your card at the rest stop itself or the  nearby petrol station.

If TnG invalid, cannot drive through le

Veri easi to chk whether ur current tng car still valid or not. Just install e tng ewallet app and register ur current tng card into e app. If it is still valid, it'll show e balance credit in it, if not, then gd luck trying to use it.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, bsswan said:

I  registered the app a few days ago, uploaded my MOH vax certificate as jpg, not Notorize version, and app already shows I'm fully vaccinated etc.

Full Singapore address is inside, only says my state is Johor but everything else is correct.

Filled in my arrival detail for tomorrow morning as I will drive up to KL, hoping my only TnG card is accepted. It says expiry mid-2026 with slightly more than RM40 on it so, in theory, should be good to go......my first trip across the border in three years.

if driving across land border, no need to fill in arrival details in the Travel section of MySJ. That's for people flying in. Not sure abt people entering by sea.

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

if driving across land border, no need to fill in arrival details in the Travel section of MySJ. That's for people flying in. Not sure abt people entering by sea.

Thanks...... Thought better to be safer than sorry on my first trip, but yeah, I heard from my colleague he didn't bother.

I've done and checked all I can, the most important making sure TnG not expired and the MyS app loaded and set up.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Shibadog said:

Sea route not yet open

(edited)
15 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

If your TnG card is linked to TnG e-wallet then don't need to top up the card itself if I am not wrong...

Edited by teomingern

14 hours ago, zipping said:

Veri easi to chk whether ur current tng car still valid or not. Just install e tng ewallet app and register ur current tng card into e app. If it is still valid, it'll show e balance credit in it, if not, then gd luck trying to use it.

Thanks... will check my dad's 3 cards this way... ha!

27 minutes ago, teomingern said:

If your TnG card is linked to TnG e-wallet then don't need to top up the card itself if I am not wrong...

Not all toll booth uses directpay.

RM20 road charge is deducted from TnG card.

18 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Not all toll booth uses directpay.

RM20 road charge is deducted from TnG card.

Yikes... ok must make sure my TnG card works...

Neutral Newbie

@teomingern Your TnG needs to do a top up if you haven't use for 1 year or more( non active).

Once top up. it will be active...provided card is not expired...

Suggest to pass card to your frens who's travelling to do a top up at petrol kiosk before you travel.

Cheers.

37 minutes ago, Stormers64 said:

@teomingern Your TnG needs to do a top up if you haven't use for 1 year or more( non active).

Once top up. it will be active...provided card is not expired...

Suggest to pass card to your frens who's travelling to do a top up at petrol kiosk before you travel.

Cheers.

No need......

So, I arrived my KL hotel more than an hour ago and the stressful "what ifs" never came off. Out from Tuas, no problem, but i'm obviously out of practice, managed to stack myself behind the one e-class with four people inside. Took ages.

Anyway to 2nd Link side and handover passport, tapped the VEP and job done. Last time I used the car was like 3yrs ago, long before the pandemic, but expiry is 2026 so there was no hesitation in taking off the RM20, Malaysian style, don't care too much about everything else so long as i can take your money. I tried the first toll booth to top-up and the guy two-cars in front managed but me and the one before me, no - shift change. So off to Petronas for a top up then non-stop to hotel.

I've forgotten Malaysian penchant for closing one lane of the highway in multiple locations but this time a nice steady slow speed - first time seeing static speed cameras plus the usual guys hiding behind bridges so, unusually, I can walk away from this one without a ticket.

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, bsswan said:

No need......

So, I arrived my KL hotel more than an hour ago and the stressful "what ifs" never came off. Out from Tuas, no problem, but i'm obviously out of practice, managed to stack myself behind the one e-class with four people inside. Took ages.

Anyway to 2nd Link side and handover passport, tapped the VEP and job done. Last time I used the car was like 3yrs ago, long before the pandemic, but expiry is 2026 so there was no hesitation in taking off the RM20, Malaysian style, don't care too much about everything else so long as i can take your money. I tried the first toll booth to top-up and the guy two-cars in front managed but me and the one before me, no - shift change. So off to Petronas for a top up then non-stop to hotel.

I've forgotten Malaysian penchant for closing one lane of the highway in multiple locations but this time a nice steady slow speed - first time seeing static speed cameras plus the usual guys hiding behind bridges so, unusually, I can walk away from this one without a ticket.

That's a relief... my dad's cards are all expiring in 2029..  so should still be working... nice!

23 hours ago, bsswan said:

No need......

Bro... just to clarify... you didn't use your TnG card for 3 years and it was inactive before you used the card... was your card ever linked to the TnG e-wallet app? Or your card is un-linked and it just got re-activated when you tap on the Road Charge card reader? Appreciate clarification! Thank you!

27 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Bro... just to clarify... you didn't use your TnG card for 3 years and it was inactive before you used the card... was your card ever linked to the TnG e-wallet app? Or your card is un-linked and it just got re-activated when you tap on the Road Charge card reader? Appreciate clarification! Thank you!

I didn't use the card since before COVID.

The card is added in my app a long time ago, maybe 2020, hence i confirmed the expiry date which is, anyway, written on the back of the card. There is no way for me to top up the TnG card via the app, the card is too old, but can add the card anyway to the app - my colleague just did that last week.

Just checking now..... I had RM20 in the eWallet when i came into MY but now is RM17 since it took RM3 for the SMART tunnel. Card is better linked to my eWallet than I thought but I had added RM200 to the card on 2nd Link and don't know what SMART took it from the eWallet instead. Strange.

As i say, my colleague just added his card to the app last week and it shows his balance and expiry as well.

I have no idea whether it being linked to the app or not means it will work or not for VEP. My assumption always was that if there is money on the card, and it has not expired, then it can be used - i know there was a rule about losing any balance in the card if not used for a year (something like that) but best in any case is to get the app. We will need it at some stage, just about everything in KL can/must be pad by TnG.

↡ Advertisement