Registration for MySejahtera

Cosmicclaw

2 minutes ago, bsswan said:

I didn't use the card since before COVID.

The card is added in my app a long time ago, maybe 2020, hence i confirmed the expiry date which is, anyway, written on the back of the card. There is no way for me to top up the TnG card via the app, the card is too old, but can add the card anyway to the app - my colleague just did that last week.

Just checking now..... I had RM20 in the eWallet when i came into MY but now is RM17 since it took RM3 for the SMART tunnel. Card is better linked to my eWallet than I thought but I had added RM200 to the card on 2nd Link and don't know what SMART took it from the eWallet instead. Strange.

As i say, my colleague just added his card to the app last week and it shows his balance and expiry as well.

I have no idea whether it being linked to the app or not means it will work or not for VEP. My assumption always was that if there is money on the card, and it has not expired, then it can be used - i know there was a rule about losing any balance in the card if not used for a year (something like that) but best in any case is to get the app. We will need it at some stage, just about everything in KL can/must be pad by TnG.

Oh I see... as Bro inlinesix guessed correctly... you must have linked the card to the app before the 1-year inactivity limit set in... I tried linking my dad's 3 cards which were un-linked before the pandemic, and the app says all 3 cards are now inactive... they all contain money... guess need to get help to top up my cards... sigh... thank you very much for your reply and research into your card balance!

↡ Advertisement

34 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Oh I see... as Bro inlinesix guessed correctly... you must have linked the card to the app before the 1-year inactivity limit set in... I tried linking my dad's 3 cards which were un-linked before the pandemic, and the app says all 3 cards are now inactive... they all contain money... guess need to get help to top up my cards... sigh... thank you very much for your reply and research into your card balance!

I did some further checking with my colleague and need to apologize....

I thought he added the card to his app last week, but could not, despite one with an expiry date of 2024. It had been inactive over the pandemic so the app said it expired.

Guess I didn't think that I added the card to the app within the 12-months of last useage.

• Praise 1

37 minutes ago, AgentG said:

Is MySejahtera required if one fly into KL or Penang? Anybody has first hand experience?

Best to have. At the very least they will check at Changi Airport.

• Praise 1

On 5/18/2022 at 4:00 PM, teomingern said:

On 5/18/2022 at 4:37 PM, bsswan said:

I did some further checking with my colleague and need to apologize....

I thought he added the card to his app last week, but could not, despite one with an expiry date of 2024. It had been inactive over the pandemic so the app said it expired.

Guess I didn't think that I added the card to the app within the 12-months of last useage.

Sorry to spoil the Eureka but there is absolutely no logic to why some cards can be added and some can't.

The card that I've manged to add to the app has definitely not been used for more than 2 years due to covid-19. And I've only added the card recently before my trip last week. 

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, badlammy said:

Sorry to spoil the Eureka but there is absolutely no logic to why some cards can be added and some can't.

The card that I've manged to add to the app has definitely not been used for more than 2 years due to covid-19. And I've only added the card recently before my trip last week. 

I know right... actually they could easily lift the invalid status at the back end for Singaporeans to enter JB... the crowds aren't really back to Malaysia it seems due to this singular issue...

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

It’s Malaysia Boleh.

Precisely... Johor State government needs and Federal government needs don't coincide... cos benefits Johor disproportionately... heh...

• Haha! 1

How to get rid of the Mysejahtera app running in the background? I don't know how I accidentally switched on the MySJ Trace part of the app... can turn off or not? Or it's like TraceTogether which either uninstall or live with the app running in the background?

3 hours ago, teomingern said:

How to get rid of the Mysejahtera app running in the background? I don't know how I accidentally switched on the MySJ Trace part of the app... can turn off or not? Or it's like TraceTogether which either uninstall or live with the app running in the background?

Try going to Settings/Apps/Manage Appa and turn off the Auto-start function, then reboot your phone.

This is how I disabled out TnT operation but kept it installed without doing anything.

11 hours ago, bsswan said:

Try going to Settings/Apps/Manage Appa and turn off the Auto-start function, then reboot your phone.

This is how I disabled out TnT operation but kept it installed without doing anything.

Thank you, very helpful! My Android phone's OS is Android 9 so I think works a bit differently... I went to Apps > All > My Sejahtera > Notifications > Categories > Off, then the icon at the Notification Shade disappeared. Really a relief. Under Apps > All > My Sejahtera > Battery,  I also unchecked "Allow Background Activity", and under Apps > All > My Sejahtera > Mobile Data, I also unchecked "Allow background data usage". Cos I will be buying a Roaming Data pack and use it mainly for navigation and surfing internet to look for places to visit and eat at, don't want the app to makan the limited data allowance I buy. Hope this helps someone too!

1 hour ago, teomingern said:

Thank you, very helpful! My Android phone's OS is Android 9 so I think works a bit differently... I went to Apps > All > My Sejahtera > Notifications > Categories > Off, then the icon at the Notification Shade disappeared. Really a relief. Under Apps > All > My Sejahtera > Battery,  I also unchecked "Allow Background Activity", and under Apps > All > My Sejahtera > Mobile Data, I also unchecked "Allow background data usage". Cos I will be buying a Roaming Data pack and use it mainly for navigation and surfing internet to look for places to visit and eat at, don't want the app to makan the limited data allowance I buy. Hope this helps someone too!

MY sim card is rather cheap nowadays (~S$20), n u can get more data and e sim validity easily 12 mths and abv, so u can still use e sim on nxt trip up north.

Hypersonic
On 5/21/2022 at 12:11 AM, AgentG said:

Is MySejahtera required if one fly into KL or Penang? Anybody has first hand experience?

Yes, at airport, before check-in they will check. and after you arrived ( at least Penang ), at the major shopping mall , security guard will also want to see before they allow you to enter. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, zipping said:

MY sim card is rather cheap nowadays (~S$20), n u can get more data and e sim validity easily 12 mths and abv, so u can still use e sim on nxt trip up north.

Yeah but need to change SIM which means my Singapore SIM won't be used and I don't get alerts...

2 hours ago, teomingern said:

Yeah but need to change SIM which means my Singapore SIM won't be used and I don't get alerts...

Time for a new phone...... one SIM slot only and on Android NINE!!!!!

7 hours ago, teomingern said:

i use a mifi (portable wifi) for MY sim card.

On 5/25/2022 at 4:24 PM, bsswan said:

Time for a new phone...... one SIM slot only and on Android NINE!!!!!

Dual SIM bro but I have a memory card taking up the other slot lor... phone still good... don't want to dump my Galaxy Note 8 mah...

23 hours ago, zipping said:

i use a mifi (portable wifi) for MY sim card.

I used to have one... but my data use is really low... $5 for 1 GB for 7 days is more than enough... ha ha... in Singapore I use only 300 MB a month... ha ha...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1