Mechanised car park

Beemer75

Neutral Newbie

Hi all

Are such car parks more prone to causing scratches on cars? If the mechanism breaks down guess you arent going to access ur car for a while? Tks

↡ Advertisement

I was stuck at the one in changi V for 45mins as the system failed to retrieve my car. 

I was given free parking out of goodwill by the operator. Diu.... 

No scratch though

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

the CV one is a pilot project?

din see it commonly built elsewhere

maybe too costly to maintain or not fully reliable yet

19 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

I was stuck at the one in changi V for 45mins as the system failed to retrieve my car. 

No scratch though

You were one of those driver who got stuck at the carpark? I find such mechanise carpark, even no failed in retrieving your car, but i would think it might need to take some time to get the car, imagine if many people are retrieving their car at the same time, it would be super long queue.

• Praise 2

It dont make sense when they build such a mechanize carpark where ppl go there makan and then leave. The system will be so busy with ppl coming and going.

The idea sound good on paper but in reality it sucks.

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

No scratch though

I never dare park there.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Beemer75 said:

Hi all

Are such car parks more prone to causing scratches on cars? If the mechanism breaks down guess you arent going to access ur car for a while? Tks

I've tried in Japan before. Around 5 mins wait with 1~2 ppl in front of me. interestingly, park head in but the head is in the front when retrieve the car. 

On contrary, this kind of cp will prevent those green eyed monsters like the tesla scratcher away from your car. Also no snatching of lots. 

i've tried the one in changi as well as the one in Genting Hotel in Jurong several years ago. Changi one sux, Genting slightly better but CMI wan la

2 hours ago, Kxbc said:

I never dare park there.

Same.

But I was in my neighbour's ride once when he parked at CV mechanised carpark. 

Actually it was efficient to park and retrieve later. Just that the space is abit cramped to exit from car / enter the car. This applies to me only ya.

The waiting area was not ideally cooled and with a few ppl inside, was stuffy and lots of stale sweaty "aroma". Add a screaming kid then, there, its a no brainer I rather wait for a lot in the open air instead.

Stay safe

Cheers 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Scion said:

the CV one is a pilot project?

din see it commonly built elsewhere

maybe too costly to maintain or not fully reliable yet

There is also 1 in BP, ard Bangkit rd.

2 hours ago, Brass said:

There is also 1 in BP, ard Bangkit rd.

I thought i saw one at yishun hdb area, dont know now that CP still there or not?

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

I thought i saw one at yishun hdb area, dont know now that CP still there or not?

Idk, but I don't dare to park inside.

What if the mechanised carpark catches fire?

Another Coe bites the bullet 🤦‍♂️

Parked there last month cos nearby carparks were all full. Kiddos were very excited and impressed but I was damn worried for any failure like the one that just happened.. I was thinking they could have just demolished the whole place and build a normal MSCP if parking space is an issue in CV. 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
33 minutes ago, Optramagnum said:

Parked there last month cos nearby carparks were all full. Kiddos were very excited and impressed but I was damn worried for any failure like the one that just happened.. I was thinking they could have just demolished the whole place and build a normal MSCP if parking space is an issue in CV. 

Changi V side actually a lot of empty land

Turbocharged
37 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Changi V side actually a lot of empty land

sometimes it's not easy to find parking there. Not even at odd hours.

Unless park near the beach but really have to work very far to reach the hawker centre.

↡ Advertisement