Another mother of all siaolang thread

Windwaver

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

@RadX can offer his service, don't know if this one covered under his scope of practice :D

Anything pertinent to the underground...yessi 😁

Oh wait...hearsay he semi retired liao...maybe don't do 4 legged anymore 😂

Edited by mersaylee
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
17 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Anything pertinent to the underground...yessi 😁

Oh wait...hearsay he semi retired liao...maybe don't do 4 legged anymore 😂

The last I heard, he LOVES 3-legged :D

• Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

The last I heard, he LOVES 3-legged :D

Oh issit? Some people do change their tastes overtime...hope I can stick with 2 legged xmm till the end of time 😁

Turbocharged
(edited)

https://www.facebook.com/SubangJayaPetaling/posts/pfbid02fdB3bopFus5SqCAoYRviRzwXG3k6KjanV6e9BpL4o3i23iPWLA2tpz4PLGhSCWBFl

【年轻男子面不改色 夜店豪撒10万】

继社交媒体流传有人在夜店烧100令吉钞票点烟后,一名年轻男子在夜店用喷钱枪豪派10万令吉的视频也广传,引起热议!

网红Gatita Yan(颜妃)在Instagram发布限时动态,显示一名男子在一间夜店的透明玻璃包厢,把一叠叠50令吉的钞票装入喷钱枪里,然后再往玻璃外的人群撒去。

据她所说,这名男子是一名很有能力的人,“所以才可以任性一下下”;她希望网民高抬贵手,勿以言语攻击这名男子。

根据视频,人在“派对”现场的Gatita,也被这名男子邀请一起撒钱。

Edited by Windwaver
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/samuel-seow-struck-roll-lawyer-workplace-abuse-court-law-society-2690601

Court orders lawyer Samuel Seow to be struck off for abusing employees in 2018

SINGAPORE: A court on Wednesday (May 18) ordered entertainment lawyer Samuel Seow Theng Beng to be struck off the roll of advocates and solicitors for physically and verbally abusing his employees in 2018.

Delivering the judgment on behalf of the Court of Three Judges, Chief Justice Sundaresh Menon said there was due cause for disciplinary action against Seow.

"It is plain that a reasonable person would, without hesitation, say that as a solicitor he should not have done what he has done," said the Chief Justice.

"His misconduct brings him discredit as a lawyer and brings discredit to the legal profession as a whole."

The decision to strike off Seow, who has been a lawyer for about 20 years, came after the Law Society of Singapore (LawSoc) in February urged the court to make such an order.

Seow had pleaded guilty to eight charges brought against him by LawSoc for physically and verbally abusing three of his employees in March and April 2018.

At the time, he was the managing director of Samuel Seow Law Corporation and also owned a talent management company known as Beam Artistes.

Footage of an incident at Seow's then-law firm in South Bridge Road on Apr 17, 2018, went viral after it was leaked online.

It showed Seow reprimanding Beam Artistes events executive Rachel Kang Pei Shan, before forcefully poking her forehead with his finger. He then pushed a file Ms Kang was holding, causing her to stagger back.

After this, he began questioning his niece, Brenda Kong Shin Ying, who was working for him at the time, about where another employee was.

In the ensuing fracas, he pushed Ms Kong while another employee tried to restrain him. Seow then broke free and slapped his niece several times on her cheeks and head.

He later turned on employee Serene Tan, who intervened to pull him away. He shouted "you stop it" while hitting Ms Tan on her arm.

An audio recording of Seow's assault against Ms Kong was captured on her phone, and a video of the attack was uploaded on YouTube a year after the incident.

On other occasions, Seow also screamed at Ms Kang and threw files, boxes and a metal stapler at her, even threatening to kill her on one occasion.

He faces pending criminal charges in the State Courts over the same incidents of workplace abuse.

STRIKING-OFF ORDER

In Wednesday's ruling, the Court of Three Judges said that in cases of misconduct not involving dishonesty or conflicts of interest, there were two questions to consider when deciding if a striking-off order was warranted.

First, the court should consider whether the misconduct points to any character defects making the lawyer unfit to be a member of the legal profession.

Second, the court should consider whether the lawyer has caused grave dishonour to the standing of the legal profession.

The court found that both questions were answered in the affirmative in Seow's case.

Seow's conduct "evinced such volatility and lack of self-control that it detracts from his ability to discharge his professional functions", said Chief Justice Menon.

"His behaviour was egregious, involving both protracted instances of physical and verbal abuse ... and extreme threats."

He also said that the "quick succession" of eight instances of misconduct in just over a month reflected a sustained pattern of offensive conduct.

This was deemed to be an aggravating factor, along with Seow's position of authority over his employees.

The judges found that the leaked footage showed that abusive language and "extremely unruly" behaviour were involved.

They also noted witness testimony that Seow was "a temperamental man who was prone to bouts of extreme emotion", and that shouting and screaming were regular occurrences.

The judgment placed limited weight on Seow's claims of remorse, noting that he initially downplayed his misconduct until the leaked video footage emerged online.

It also found that there was little evidence to support Seow's argument that he suffered from adjustment disorder at the time and that this contributed to his actions.

"We are therefore satisfied that the respondent’s conduct demonstrates a character defect rendering the solicitor unfit to be a member of the legal profession," said the Chief Justice.

The Court of Three Judges is the highest disciplinary body to deal with lawyers' misconduct. The panel for Seow's case comprised Chief Justice Menon, Justice Steven Chong and Justice Andrew Phang. 

Twincharged
6 minutes ago, Beregond said:

from UK or australia? dunno why but these fellas when drunk always kick up a ruckus. just saying from the reports of arrest made in SG, it is typically a white from UK/Australia

• Haha! 2

24 minutes ago, Beregond said:

"Take your hand off me... I know the rules... I've been in jail so many times."

nice. 🤣 i hope he knows the soap rule.

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/police-investigating-rash-act-involving-child-spraying-fire-extinguisher-at-other

Police investigating rash act involving child spraying fire extinguisher at other children at Burger King

The police are investigating an incident where a child allegedly sprayed a fire extinguisher at two other children in a Burger King outlet at East Coast Park on Sunday evening (May 22).

A series of TikTok videos were uploaded showing an argument that had erupted between two families after the alleged incident happened.

According to the videos, TikTok user Kakading said a child was allegedly playing with a fire extinguisher that was attached to a pillar in the Burger King outlet and had accidentally sprayed it at the other children.

A woman who is believed to be the mother of one of the children is heard shouting: "You all [can't do this]!"

A man, presumed to be the first child's father, repeatedly apologises to the other family.

In another video, police officers and paramedics are at the scene. According to Kakading, they arrived within 10 minutes of being called.

He added that the child that was playing with the fire extinguisher was shocked when the extinguisher "exploded".

"He looked clearly scared when Kid A's parent (the victim's parents) shouted at them, preventing them from leaving, while calling the police.

In response to a Stomp query, the police said they were alerted to a case of rash act at 902 East Coast Park at about 7.35pm.

Facebook user Irene Lim, the mother of one of the children affected, shared her account of what happened on Facebook.

She said she was waiting for her family's order at the counter when she heard an explosion.

"There was suddenly a lot of white and powdery smoke coming from the left side of where we were standing (where my parents and the children were seated).

She rushed back to the table and found that the fire extinguisher had been activated by a boy she believes to be around 10 to 12 years old.

She said her mother, older twin daughter, and nephew were seated next to the extinguisher and the nozzle was facing them.

"Unsurprisingly, the white smoke affected my older girl and nephew," she said.

"My girl, who just started talking proper words barely a month ago, was mumbling 'itchy itchy' while rubbing her eyes.

"My nephew was rubbing his eye frantically and his eye turned red.

"I shouted loudly to ask my [sister-in-law] to quickly bring him to a washroom to rinse his eye."

She then alleged that two adult males from the boy's family walked over and said the boy was mischievous but that it was a "small matter" before attempting to leave the restaurant.

"From fumbling, I became surprised and subsequently angry," Irene said.

"That they kept harping that this incident was a small matter was not helping.

"Given their attitude and because two children were affected, I called the police at 7.30pm."

She added that no staff from the fast-food outlet came to assist her family.

When she and her husband called the manager out, he allegedly said "the safety pin was missing and hence not the restaurant's fault".

"I was glad my hubby responded that Burger King, being the premise owner, should ensure the fire extinguisher is secured so that it could not be abused."

She said after the police and paramedics arrived, they were advised to monitor the children over the next two days for reactions from the extinguisher's chemical agents.

In the end, the family had their dinner after 9pm and reportedly did not receive their full order.

According to the Singapore Civil Defence Force's (SCDF) code of practice for the use and maintenance of portable fire extinguishers, the fire extinguishers should have both a safety pin and seal for it.

Stomp has reached out to Burger King for comment.

283678918_10158868656118716_599485409388283231507_10158868656978716_569281627511

• Shocked 1

It's a small matter and need not blow it up. 

Take another fire extinguisher and let the boy have a taste of his own medicine. Resolved. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 7

2 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Take another fire extinguisher and let the boy have a taste of his own medicine. Resolved. 

These parents really need to be taught a lesson.

• Praise 5

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caste_system_in_India

Castes are rigid social groups characterized by hereditary transmission of life style, occupation and social status. The caste system in India has its origins in ancient India, and was transformed by various ruling elites in medieval, early-modern, and modern India, especially the Mughal Empire and the British Raj.[1][2][3][4] The caste system consists of two different concepts, varna and jati, which may be regarded as different levels of analysis.

• Praise 1

@Windwaver 

i concur.

Not trying to stir shit but its a cold hard fact. Some people really think they could do anything and get away with it.

And things dont get any better when they are behind the wheel.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

@Windwaver 

i concur.

Not trying to stir shit but its a cold hard fact. Some people really think they could do anything and get away with it.

And things dont get any better when they are behind the wheel.

Could have been a missing safety pin and seal. It takes some effort to pull out the pin. Has to be quite deliberate and took some time fiddling with it. Parents should have stop their kids the moment they started touching the fire extinguisher.

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Could have been a missing safety pin and seal. It takes some effort to pull out the pin. Has to be quite deliberate and took some time fiddling with it. Parents should have stop their kids the moment they started touching the fire extinguisher.

See if the boy will grow up to play with hand grenade safety pin during NS.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4