[ranting] drive until no fuel and stall

Gnahp

2 hours ago, Phang said:

staff at the station helped her to move the car to the pump

Is that service FOC? :grin:

↡ Advertisement

10 minutes ago, Phang said:

I started to miss my late mother in law

she will read the fuel gauge whenever she is in our car, anything lesser than half, she will remind us to pump petrol, every 5 minutes

I still remember during one of out trips to Malaysia, she started from KL, all the way to Melaka until I filled up the tank

She probably learn the hard way

I also kena once as a kid up while in Malaysia. Sat in car for 3+ hours. To this day anything less than 1/4 tank I start look for pump

46 minutes ago, Hosaybo said:

Maybe it's time for you to be "not contactable" or busy in such situation and let her solve the problem..... Then she will lean her lesson. You are spoiling her! 

But then, be prepared to sleep a few days in the living room if you follow my advice. 😉

Cannot blame him, I do that to my wife too :grin:

• Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, Vid said:

And she's been telling me how she is going for learn to drive...

... for the past 10 years 🤦‍♂️

Not bad Liao , mine already had her driving license many years ago, but still refuse to drive 😅

• Haha! 4

Supersonic
5 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Actually when the readout shows low fuel there's still about 50km left in the tank? Or 30 if you want to be safe.

When I drive, my wife and my son are most nervous about the amber fuel indication [laugh] whereas my eldest is cool and confident that dad knows what he's doing.

I am the nervous type, i would not drive until low fuel light to lights up. Happened once and sway sway got stuck in a heavy traffic, i got so stress up and anxious. 😅 I always top up at half tank, also dont know why that time can drive until low fuel lighted up?! Lol.

• Praise 1

The fuel pump uses the fuel to cool itself.

If always drive till empty then it will overheat

and spoil faster

:D

• Praise 5

Supercharged
1 minute ago, Turboflat4 said:

Not good for the fuel pump at all bro. 

yeah, I just told bro ER-3682, I hope the stall is because of the car is smart enough to switch off the fuel pump to protect it

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Nong nong time ago my car went out of fuel too. 

During a date. 

Lived happily together after ?? 🤣🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Wah.

Sorry bro but it seems like your wife is quite spoilt. Phone also need people to charge for her. 😓

She need to do things for herself lah. Adult leh.

• Praise 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Phang said:

yeah, I just told bro ER-3682, I hope the stall is because of the car is smart enough to switch off the fuel pump to protect it

You are lucky the petrol ️ station people helped to push ….. this days the car want to put into neutral also not so easy like the olden days manual cars as the electronic brakes need to release ( akin to hand brakes ) 

Not your wife fault …. So much instrumentation on dashboard until Blurr also sometimes 

@RadX petrol finish he go showroom pick up new car 🤣🤣

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 10

Supersonic
32 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

Not bad Liao , mine already had her driving license many years ago, but still refuse to drive 😅

Many wifey are like that, you are not alone. 😬

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
31 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Lol. Lucky my wife will remember to pump petrol. and sometimes tyre pressure. 

I believe many people dont pump tyre pressure, even for guys. Some people can drive until tyre ‘flat’ and say tyre kena nail. 🙄

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
10 minutes ago, Benarsenal said:

Wah.

Sorry bro but it seems like your wife is quite spoilt. Phone also need people to charge for her. 😓

She need to do things for herself lah. Adult leh.

Maybe some people from young  till old, and before married and after married also got people take care of them, so they would depend on others to do it for them even for small little daily task. Example charging own handphone?!

I have a woman colleague before married got mother to take care everything, from housework, cooking and even washing clothing. Then after married stay with MIL, and MIL take care everything again. She only knows how to work and earn money. 😂 Some people are born to have a good life. 

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Phang said:

my wife is the type that don't charge her phone battery one

I got to do it for her every night

Hire her a driver😃😃😃

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Hire her a driver😃😃😃

Or sign on to grab hitch. Every time ask you to chauffer, you can tell her the fare [laugh] 

Edited by Sosaria

There r 3 types of people : 1st type is heck care and always run into low fuel indicator light up or phone batt dead situations. 2nd type are borderline OCD in maintaining a full tank/full batt all the time. The 3rd type actively monitors what's left and usually tops up at 50% remaining or have a certain regular routine based on usage. 

You would think that the 3rd type would be the most common as it is the least drama and least effort. In reality, totally opposite. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1