[ranting] drive until no fuel and stall

Gnahp

Hypersonic
4 minutes ago, Kopites said:

That is a sexist statement.

I personally experienced once as well decades ago. 100m to the station and it stalked. So ended up I push while wifey behind the wheel. Only those that have personally experienced it would concurred  that wasn't the worse part.

The worst come when you was entering the station. The hump right at the entrance. Eventually two /three uncle came over to help. 🤣

Some station is sitting on slightly higher ground than the road.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

From this thread, looks like rich men have this problem even more, cos it's multiplied by the number of cars they own. Wife also have a car to call her own? [laugh]

Anyways it is very strange to run out of fuel in SG. Being a very small island and petrol stations everywhere. As someone mentioned when low fuel light illuminates you still have enough to drive to extreme ends of the island to refuel.

But in bigger countries with long, open roads, non-highway, like Malaysia, or worse, Oz or NZ, better refuel at every opportunity

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 6

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

From this thread, looks like rich men have this problem even more, cos it's multiplied by the number of cars they own. Wife also have a car to call her own? [laugh]

Actually if wife and husband both are working, it is quite common nowadays both also have their own car la. Unless wife is the type that dont like to drive or no driving licence.

Many women buy their own car in this era. 😬

Twincharged
13 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Aiya, just put a sticker of your angry face next to the fuel gauge. Or anywhere she can see. It will serve as a better reminder.

She probably doesn’t even look at the dash. Maybe she drives at night without switching the headlights off. 
I think TS needs to install a fuel depot or carry 5-10L at home.! 

Twincharged
1 hour ago, D3badge said:

Technically the bigger problem is your wife car engine gonna be shit overtime 😅😭

https://www.erieinsurance.com/blog/low-fuel-running-on-empty#:~:text=This often results in engine,larger problems down the road.

So the best is to avoid used cars that mention lady driver, used for school runs only! For sure the car will be super lok! Trashed by the woman and the kids! 🤣

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

That is a sexist statement.

I personally experienced once as well decades ago. 100m to the station and it stalked. So ended up I push while wifey behind the wheel. Only those that have personally experienced it would concurred  that wasn't the worse part.

The worst come when you was entering the station. The hump right at the entrance. Eventually two /three uncle came over to help. 🤣

And the fact that u no longer have engine power, the powered steering wheel as refuse to behave lol

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
17 hours ago, DylanChen said:

ban her from driving lah

road hazzard 

knn

Kinda agree. If she is unwilling to put in the effort to take care of your car for something as simple as fuelling up, then she does not deserve to drive it. Better off taking cab. Either that or make sure she chips in for car maintenance too. 

3 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

So the best is to avoid used cars that mention lady driver, used for school runs only! For sure the car will be super lok! Trashed by the woman and the kids! 🤣

Cars nowadays are build to last .. however if u go buy the more non stable platform, then electric gremlins may appear. But engine wise, still more robust then previous gen except for one or two like the merc w124.. 

high revs and abused should not be an equation nowadays when buying used cars of less than 5years old.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

And the fact that u no longer have engine power, the powered steering wheel as refuse to behave lol

I still remembered vividly wifey complained not able to maneuver into the pump lot. Me and the station uncles were shouting trun right...right. ..she retorted steeling wheel spoiled can't turn!  Asked her get behind the car to push. She said embarrassing. Want to be behind the wheel and yet cant turn the wheel!😤

Phew..

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 9

4 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I still remembered vividly wifey complained not able to maneuver into the pump lot. Me and the station uncles were shouting trun right...right. ..she retorted steeling wheel spoiled can't turn!  Asked her get behind the car to push. She said embarrassing. Want to be behind the wheel and yet cant turn the wheel!😤

Phew..

So u can count me as one who has near missed of out of fuel situations..

having a turbo car up the risk of kabooms as well so always drive with at least half tank

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Kinda agree. If she is unwilling to put in the effort to take care of your car for something as simple as fuelling up, then she does not deserve to drive it. Better off taking cab. Either that or make sure she chips in for car maintenance too. 

But TS said it is wife car, not shared car lo.

38 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Anyways it is very strange to run out of fuel in SG. Being a very small island and petrol stations everywhere. As someone mentioned when low fuel light illuminates you still have enough to drive to extreme ends of the island to refuel.

But in bigger countries with long, open roads, non-highway, like Malaysia, or worse, Oz or NZ, better refuel at every opportunity

Many professionals here...😁

• Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

She probably doesn’t even look at the dash. Maybe she drives at night without switching the headlights off. 
I think TS needs to install a fuel depot or carry 5-10L at home.! 

For the fairer gender...the most look at feature in the car other than the start/stop button must be the vanity mirror...😁

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
(edited)
46 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Actually if wife and husband both are working, it is quite common nowadays both also have their own car la. Unless wife is the type that dont like to drive or no driving licence.

Nowadays public transport so far-reaching and with PHV available, I'd rather surrender the car for the wifey to drive, if she is willing to drive and make full use of it [laugh]

With PHV you get driven and dropped off near where u want, don't need to find parking, etc

Still waiting for the day when I can enjoy being a passenger and driven in my own car!

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
19 hours ago, Phang said:

my wife is the type that don't charge her phone battery one

I got to do it for her every night

Actually it's because she knows she can always rely on you to get things done that's why she doesn't care. 

Don't do anything for her and let her bear the brunt for a few times. She will learn. 

Not about being brutal but we can't be always around for our other half. Shit happens. 

Sorry for being candid. 

• Praise 4

3 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Nowadays public transport so far-reaching and with PHV available, I'd rather surrender the car for the wifey to drive, if she is willing to drive and make full use of it [laugh]

With PHV you get driven and dropped off near where u want, don't need to find parking, etc

There is competition btw taxi and PHV.

I will take whichever that has the lowest fee. Even by 10 cents🤭

Supercharged
47 minutes ago, 13177 said:

This reminds me of something the son of punggol said...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3