[Awareness] Misleading Car Advertisements

Carbon82

21 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

@Carbon82 

Put my car in for service a couple weeks’ back, it would take around 6 hours so I went strolling around the other showrooms nearby.

Even the mainstream brands like Toyota and Honda had no customers. 

It’s little wonder that niche/premium/low volume brands need to try weasel words like these to draw people into their showroom.

If you look into LTA data, you will know which AD are at risk. In the good old days, promo are really deal that will entice buyer to make their purchase on the spot. Such low handed tactics will not win them more customers in long run.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

19 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

What did the price list at the showroom indicate? Did you show them this SGCM page to clarify?

TBH Vertex seems a bit fly-by-night, like PI.

We did not took the price list from the showroom but the listed price of Tarraco was around $180K to close to $190K iirc. 

I concur that there is something very wrong with the sales strategy. First they kept benchmarking with VW (pricing their cars very close to equivalent VW model) and next, most of the models come with basic trim and anything else would be cost option, including metallic colors. 

14 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Think this SE who fed you wrong info that it's for a registered S60 will kanna big time from management 😅😂

Honestly, I did feel bad for the SE for having to shoulder the blame. But if this is how a company handle negative feedback (by pushing their SE to face the firing squad), then I would say the SE has nothing to lose. He will have a better career elsewhere. I wish him all the best in his future endeavour. 

13 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

In talking to the SE I wondered if the crowds were over at higher end brands like Audi/BMW/Lexus/Mercedes but he said things were equally slow over there, and it was vehicle leasing companies who were snapping up the COE. What they wanted with so many COEs for, I don’t know though

I read that many industries are preparing for the return of FT in the next few months, and since most executives are entitled to a car, I am not surprised if what the SE told you is true. 

9 hours ago, RadX said:

6364D8C0-054C-4A2E-A4CD-C904723C068E.gif

I know I will be blacklisted by Wearnes for sure. But who cares, BMW here I come... :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 5

4 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Honestly, I did feel bad for the SE for having to shoulder the blame. But if this is how a company react when encountering negative feedback, then I would say the SE has nothing to lose. He will have a better future elsewhere. I wish him all the best for his future endeavour. 

:D

No choice about shouldering the blame as he wasn't aware that the ad of $199,999 is indeed for limited units of brand new S60s. 

Not everyone will survive a honest mistake in the private sector, since they don't wear white 😆

• Haha! 1

On 4/4/2022 at 9:09 PM, Carbon82 said:

What is your first impression upon seeing the following advertisement, as a general public / consumer?

6RsrXIl.png

SHBP6qs.png

While I believe many seasoned buyers would expect the "from" price to be that of the lesser model (e.g. entry level trim, lower priced model, etc.), I don't think anyone would expect it to be for USED CAR!

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1075337&DL=2038

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1078169&DL=2213

Taking the Volvo S60 / V60 advertisement for example, anything that make it look like a used car advertisement? Used car need to "Book" and can choose to be registered (re-registered) in April meh? Wow... Wearnes Automotive and Vertex Automobile have really taken things to a new low!

There might be more ADs doing the same... beware!

Looks like someone noticed your post

IMG_20220408_220310.thumb.jpg.0fe7f867d6a9e69101fe4845b6d9c920.jpg

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, Fitz4i said:

IMG_20220408_220338.thumb.jpg.a0d2b21b98e265c95cb229e1d528e71f.jpg

Avante at $52 a day

This one is leasing price or what 

$52/day works out to $18,980 a year for Avante 

Cheap meh? 

• Haha! 1

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Soya said:

$52/day works out to $18,980 a year for Avante 

Cheap meh? 

Their Marketing team clever and win Liao lor

$52 sounds cheap enough to 'fool' lazy People like me who dun bother to calculate 

The avante is a nice car anyway

Edited by Fitz4i

14 hours ago, Fitz4i said:

IMG_20220408_220338.thumb.jpg.a0d2b21b98e265c95cb229e1d528e71f.jpg

Avante at $52 a day

This one is leasing price or what 

10 years = $189,800

List price for base model $184,299

S trim $188,999

Might as well buy S trim without discounts.

Thanks for highlighting the case for better consumer awareness. Since actions has been taken in both cases, it goes to shows that there are indeed some wrongs with the original advertisement.

Good job @Carbon82 👍

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 4/9/2022 at 1:02 PM, DrAwkward said:

10 years = $189,800

List price for base model $184,299

S trim $188,999

Might as well buy S trim without discounts.

List price of base Avante is $189,800?? Where u see ah....

Currently:

image.png.e6096231ba6055d9c22c1c7709a83a25.png

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Kar_lover said:

Currently:

yeah was wondering about that . but was too lazy to cut paste . Who in their right minds would buy an Avante at $190k ? 

• Praise 1

54 minutes ago, shrjun said:

yeah was wondering about that . but was too lazy to cut paste . Who in their right minds would buy an Avante at $190k ? 

Maybe got a 2.0L TC PHEV we don't know about lol.....

• Praise 1

On 4/4/2022 at 9:16 PM, Lala81 said:

Dont even pay any attention to this but sounds misleading and just to get people through the door...

But wearnes advertising to me is like audiohouse for electronics. lol.

It's ok. Wearnes automotive coffee is good. They did shut the machine late last year cos of COVID.  Will check them out again.  :D

• Haha! 4

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

It's ok. Wearnes automotive coffee is good. They did shut the machine late last year cos of COVID.  Will check them out again.  :D

Last time got nice unker auntie make good latte w table service

Go there angry drink oredi oso become zen

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Married man still pa pa chow drink free kopi eat free biscuits? Wify gets angry how? 

Or bringing her along? 

• Haha! 2

13 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

Currently:

11 hours ago, shrjun said:

List price is before all the discounts and deductions. You go see their price list

20 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Coffee machine should resume from next tue?! Lol. They got serve biscuits or not ah?

↡ Advertisement