[Awareness] Misleading Car Advertisements

Carbon82

17 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Married man still pa pa chow drink free kopi eat free biscuits? Wify gets angry how? 

Or bringing her along? 

Going to drink free kopi and eat free biscuits is weekend dating for them la. Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

13 hours ago, DrAwkward said:

List price is before all the discounts and deductions. You go see their price list

LOL!! Nobody will buy at that "list price", are u being serious? Even if got money, any normal/sane person will still take the minimum required loan and insurance to get the actual price ("promo price"). Then once the loan lock in period is over, do a full settlement to get back some of the interest.... 

On 4/6/2022 at 12:30 PM, DOBIEMKZ said:

From the layout of the advert and the sentence, general consumers would also be misled to think that the price of $199,999 also applies to the V60 CC model! 😕image.thumb.png.ea7743bd4ca22a286d9dc5263f78d4c3.png

Wearnes have up the antenna ante with this week advertisement. No more V60 but V90 now! Next time will be XC90?! Seems like they have not learnt their lesson.

260938915_VolvoAd23Apr22.thumb.jpg.2cbae888cf414d8667a4be680d22f526.jpg

@Carbon82 do you manage to check with your SE what is the current offer for V60 or even this V90? Really at $199,999 or just another stunt? 

Edited by SGCM928
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, 13177 said:

Coffee machine should resume from next tue?! Lol. They got serve biscuits or not ah?

I will check.  And send photos.  Need to give them time to stock up. @Jamesc

• Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

LOL!! Nobody will buy at that "list price", are u being serious? Even if got money, any normal/sane person will still take the minimum required loan and insurance to get the actual price ("promo price"). Then once the loan lock in period is over, do a full settlement to get back some of the interest.... 

In MCF, full cash list price more satki than full cash promo price.

7 hours ago, DrAwkward said:

In MCF, full cash list price more satki than full cash promo price.

I think u are missing the point. Someone earlier said the lease of $52/day ($18,980/year) is a good price cos it's almost same as list price. So I am pointing out that no sane person wil pay the paper list price (the VES rebate whicj is given by the govt will apply even if u don't take the in-house loan and insurance) and smart/same people will just take the promo price with minimum loan to qualify. It's not about what is satki. Not to mention full cashing an avante is also not satki anyway lol

Edited by Kar_lover

On 4/4/2022 at 10:07 PM, Lethalstrike said:

The particular S60 may also be a courtesy car rather than a test drive car, thus the owner count is 1. Since you need a number plate to be put on the car before you can loan it out as a courtesy car.  Else, I can't think of any other reason. 

If they say April registration, can't say its a total misrepresentation as well. If its a courtesy car that has already been registered, its entirely possible that it can be registered to you right away within this month since no need bid new COE. Its effectively a used car. 

To be fair ah, they are also careful not to say its a real brand new untouched car from the stock yard in their ad. But yes, its the usual marketing gimmick to drive showroom traffic 😁 Cheap stunt but has been used to the death by many many brands. 

Similar Renault cars like the Megan’s RS were once upon a time blue plate cars but you be the first owner .. they give huge discount.. just that once it’s in the media hands .. good luck to you

2 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

I think u are missing the point. Someone earlier said the lease of $52/day ($18,980/year) is a good price cos it's almost same as list price. So I am pointing out that no sane person wil pay the paper list price (the VES rebate whicj is given by the govt will apply even if u don't take the in-house loan and insurance) and smart/same people will just take the promo price with minimum loan to qualify. It's not about what is satki. Not to mention full cashing an avante is also not satki anyway lol

You are the one missing my point

2 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

Then if u calculate a new car (bnb model) minus the scrap value u be getting at a even better lower cost of ownership provided u don’t change car mid way 

Edited by Sdf4786k

3 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Then if u calculate a new car (bnb model) minus the scrap value u be getting at a even better lower cost of ownership provided u don’t change car mid way 

Yes that's right!

Finance and accounting aside, sometimes it’s worrying to calculate cost.

from a cost prospective, if you switch off the lights n only have one on in a room of 25 bulbs the cost is negligible. If it’s using led instead of incandescent it’s even more insignificant. 

but, it’s cost nevertheless. But when it comes to productivity, the time and effort  spend to turn on every lights quickly spiral the cost out of control. A case of penny wise pound foolish that I have seen during this covid period.

so I digress. Buying or using the car only if it makes sense. Do not compete with the Tan next door with their all new 1.0 Audi. There’s no winner in face value 

↡ Advertisement