Msia police ban autopilot driving takes action on sg couple who drove tesla to penang

Fitvip

I always look up to people that are richer than me.

One SG plate car $50 for one kopi

Lets say 30 cars a day

22 working days.

One year how much huh?

:D

2 hours ago, Enye said:

wah...got eco mode ah, can double the range

"The TikTok user said they managed to drive about 700km and reached Penang, Malaysia, despite the marketed maximum range of the vehicle being around 380km only. "

😅

This is called.... want to how lian also dont know how to do it properly. Maybe theirs is Tesla Model 1. Not 3. that's why double the range.

• Haha! 3

(edited)

May I ask, what does insurance cover if an auto pilot car got into an accident?

Will it affect the driver NCD, etc similar to non auto pilot car insurance coverage?

Edited by Cephas

So they switch on auto pilot

and climb into the back seat

and do other things

until they reach Penang?

Ask for kopi money

and the couple in the back

both claim not driving then how?

Polis man ask the auto pilot for money

and auto pilot say no money

and polis man not happy?

If I wasn't driving then I wasn't speeding

so why should I pay?

On 4/7/2022 at 5:21 PM, Fitvip said:

No Law In Malaysia On AutoPilot, yet PDRM Takes Action On Singapore Couple Who Drove Their Tesla To Penang.

https://theindependent.sg/msia-police-ban-autopilot-driving-takes-action-on-sg-couple-who-drove-tesla-to-penang/

Saw this portion from the article I have just linked. "Both hands must be on the steering wheel at all times. "

Quoted. 

PDRM then clarified the legality surrounding autonomous vehicles, refusing to tolerate any acts that may endanger the lives of other road users

"Drivers are allowed to activate the automatic driving function, but they cannot sleep while driving, and both hands must be on their steering wheels at all times to ensure safety," the Perak police chief told Sin Chew Daily.

"The police will investigate under Section 10 of the Road Transport Act 1987 if any person is found to be driving without their hands on the steering wheel," added Yusri.

• Haha! 2

Supersonic

I wonder how would the police stop the car, when all the occupants are asleep, and the car is self-driving ?

• Haha! 1

On 4/1/2023 at 7:14 AM, Kopites said:

Saw this portion from the article I have just linked. "Both hands must be on the steering wheel at all times. "

Quoted. 

PDRM then clarified the legality surrounding autonomous vehicles, refusing to tolerate any acts that may endanger the lives of other road users

"Drivers are allowed to activate the automatic driving function, but they cannot sleep while driving, and both hands must be on their steering wheels at all times to ensure safety," the Perak police chief told Sin Chew Daily.

"The police will investigate under Section 10 of the Road Transport Act 1987 if any person is found to be driving without their hands on the steering wheel," added Yusri.

To allow drivers to activate the automatic driving function but need to put both hands on the steering wheel al all times? 

Pardon me that I have not driven an auto pilot vehicle yet! Being hands free and yet have to hold the steering wheel at all times? Is this even possible?

To evoke a 1987 vintage law to investigate a 2023 (high tech) offence is far too retro! imo!

On 4/1/2023 at 7:46 AM, Wt_know said:

who says Tiktok is no good? Tiktok can help police to nab all self-pawned posters ... :grin:

The smartest is to get a smartest partner. 😁

On 4/1/2023 at 11:13 AM, Fitvip said:

To allow drivers to activate the automatic driving function but need to put both hands on the steering wheel al all times? 

Pardon me that I have not driven an auto pilot vehicle yet! Being hands free and yet have to hold the steering wheel at all times? Is this even possible?

To evoke a 1987 vintage law to investigate a 2023 (high tech) offence is far too retro! imo!

Doesn't sound right too... but then again the Autopilot function isn't ready for really hands off driving as evidenced by many accidents reported overseas plus a class action suit in the works... anyway I don't understand why need autonomous driving function... isn't part of the joy of driving up to Malaysia being the driver giving input at the wheel?

• Praise 1

On 4/1/2023 at 9:10 AM, Kb27 said:

I wonder how would the police stop the car, when all the occupants are asleep, and the car is self-driving ?

Drive in front, step brake and slow down until the Tesla stops lor... basically is need to trigger a critical incident for the car to stop...

↡ Advertisement