❤️ Living with covid - What Did You Makan Today? ❤️

Jman888

Turbocharged

Wtm from bt merah view344D5D14-25C5-46B5-8444-3D5AF82EFD94.thumb.jpeg.a21cdffb18843d12924e7184f08e5425.jpeg

for those who frequent, they will be closed from 2nd week of jun for 3 weeks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 15

Turbocharged
12 hours ago, 13177 said:

Like that next time when i go buy cai png, just buy 4 dishes without any rice. Or only eat fish soup/wanton soup/dumpling soup/fishball soup without any noodles. 😬

actually for local food, it's not easy actually. There's many things to give up to go carb-less

eg. mee siam, mee rebus, nasi goreng, porridge, prata, laksa, nasi lemak, bak chor mee, wanton mee, hor fun, char kuey, char kuey teow  etc. for all these the main feature are the carbs. Take away the carb and you are left with what? an egg in mee siam/mee rebus gravy? laksa gravy with hum?

I would say just reduce, savor the flavor of the lesser amt consumed.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Some meals over the last couple of days.  Healthy CKT with just kuay teow,  beef and bean sprouts and very little oil.  Lunch at Collins when WFO, followed by dark gallery ice cream.   Finally, grilled chicken breast, sweet potatoes and veggies.

20220509_124114.jpg

20220509_124130(0).jpg

20220510_122953.jpg

20220510_133251.jpg

20220510_190316.jpg

20220510_190322.jpg

• Praise 13

17 hours ago, 13177 said:

Like that die liao, left nothing to eat liao. [sweatdrop] 

actually u will adjust. your body will adjust. Initially, you will feel hungrier faster. After a while ok liao. Not easy, but its doable. I do not avoid completely. But I save my carbs for sinful stuff  !! HAHAHA. Make the carbs worth it. I noticed u also eat cai png regularly. try to reduce. close to ZERO nutrients, high salt and sugar content + free oil

16 hours ago, Kxbc said:

the diff is in the GI. The sugars in the brown rice will be released into the blood stream over a longer period of time compared with normal white rice. This reduces glucose spikes, thus reducing need for insulin shots.

The best way might be to totally strike off carbs but easier said than done. 

good info there 👍

• Praise 3

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Etnt said:

actually for local food, it's not easy actually. There's many things to give up to go carb-less

eg. mee siam, mee rebus, nasi goreng, porridge, prata, laksa, nasi lemak, bak chor mee, wanton mee, hor fun, char kuey, char kuey teow  etc. for all these the main feature are the carbs. Take away the carb and you are left with what? an egg in mee siam/mee rebus gravy? laksa gravy with hum?

I would say just reduce, savor the flavor of the lesser amt consumed.

indeed not possible to eliminate carbs totally from our meals. We can only reduce or eat everything in moderation lo. If not really left nothing to eat liao.

Supersonic
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Othello said:

actually u will adjust. your body will adjust. Initially, you will feel hungrier faster. After a while ok liao. Not easy, but its doable. I do not avoid completely. But I save my carbs for sinful stuff  !! HAHAHA. Make the carbs worth it. I noticed u also eat cai png regularly. try to reduce. close to ZERO nutrients, high salt and sugar content + free oil

good info there 👍

If i dont eat cai png, i will end up eating noodles. So guess still same same. [sweatdrop] When i eat cai png, i already choose so called healthier dishes, i dont choose fried and spicy. And yet seems like it is still ended up unhealthy. This is why i am always quite stress, due to eating. Lol.

Edited by 13177

Turbocharged
14 hours ago, Etnt said:

Claypot rice from fish soup paradise. Actually prefer this to their fish soup despite their brand name

F1D9717F-B7C9-4000-B995-B240239472C7.thumb.jpeg.4d02bbeba6b9430dc46df11c712233e8.jpeg

Long time never eat the claypot rice at chinatown. Last time at the kopitiam beside AMK Courts also have a pretty good claypot rice. Not sure if they are still around.

Nowadays, i get my fix at Eat! It's not bad, with the tiny piece of giam he lifting the dish totally.

15 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If i dont eat cai png, i will end up eating noodles. So guess still same same. [sweatdrop] When i eat cai png, i already choose so called healthier dishes, i dont choose fried and spicy. And yet seems like it is still ended up unhealthy. This is why i am always quite stress, due to eating. Lol.

Slowly, you will lose the dependency. For eg. Bee Hoon and pasta are the "better" carbs. So switch slowly .... move away from rice and noodles. Treat as luxury items, can only eat on weekends or special occasions. Or with friends. When alone, eat as cleanly as possible. 

There is no "healthier" dishes from cai peng lah !! next time u spend time see how they cook, u will cut down on cai peng. or dun need. u just go Youtube see how much oil they use. HAHAHA

search Wang Gang (PRC) or Mr Hong Kitchen (MY). If you search Thai Zichar, worst !! You will BAN Thai food for life. LOL !!!! 

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, Othello said:

Slowly, you will lose the dependency. For eg. Bee Hoon and pasta are the "better" carbs. So switch slowly .... move away from rice and noodles. Treat as luxury items, can only eat on weekends or special occasions. Or with friends. When alone, eat as cleanly as possible. 

There is no "healthier" dishes from cai peng lah !! next time u spend time see how they cook, u will cut down on cai peng. or dun need. u just go Youtube see how much oil they use. HAHAHA

search Wang Gang (PRC) or Mr Hong Kitchen (MY). If you search Thai Zichar, worst !! You will BAN Thai food for life. LOL !!!! 

i think soba noodles are consider relatively healthy carb? @13177can consider soba at reiwa shoba at smith street or bedok reservoir. got hot option one.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Othello said:

Easy way for @13177 will be everything eat moderate.. Trying to avoid this and avoid that at th end eat all the wrong food.

We only live once, should not be stress from eating.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, Othello said:

Like that even brown rice also cannot eat liao? Lol.

Actually i try to eat bee hoon and mi tai mak, but hearsay bee hoon also not say healthy lo. 

Agreed cai png the way they cooked uses too much oil, salt and sugar, even i choose braisedtofu and green veggie but the way they cooked confirmed is not healthy.

Thats why during WFH, i eat quite cleanly and i got quite a good cholesterol reading. But when i am back to office, my cholesterol reading would become not as good, even though still within the normal range la since i am on medication. Doctor wants me to get as lowest LDL as possible. 

Turbocharged
9 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

healthy food is tasteless, can we talk about unhealthy food?

My fav mid day snack recently. Granola from Dearborn. Very delicious and looks healthy. Can boh?

00F02B1C-5C48-428A-AD66-AE0460A37BFB.jpeg

• Praise 11
  • Haha! 3

5 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

healthy food is tasteless, can we talk about unhealthy food?

Got healthier tasty food lah...go bolehland born but locally grown 四大粒 😁

Supersonic

Breakfast - Coconut and Egg Tarts bought yesterday from SLII at Hong Lim HC. 

👍😋😋😋😋

20220510_180704_copy_2016x1512.thumb.jpg.bf0ff635c3054b580202bc431d3eaa22.jpg

Silky smooth like beancurd 

20220510_180811_copy_2016x1512.thumb.jpg.b65b51b268d24c174bf9c4ddea5409e3.jpg

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

• Praise 16

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, Etnt said:

My fav mid day snack recently. Granola from Dearborn. Very delicious and looks healthy. Can boh?

00F02B1C-5C48-428A-AD66-AE0460A37BFB.jpeg

He wants to talk about unhealthy food le, so this one is healthy food which is tasteless also lo. Lol.

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Breakfast - Coconut and Egg Tarts bought yesterday from SLII at Hong Lim HC. 

👍😋😋😋😋

20220510_180704_copy_2016x1512.thumb.jpg.bf0ff635c3054b580202bc431d3eaa22.jpg

Silky smooth like beancurd 

20220510_180811_copy_2016x1512.thumb.jpg.b65b51b268d24c174bf9c4ddea5409e3.jpg

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

Their coconut tart is nice.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6