❤️ Living with covid - What Did You Makan Today? ❤️

Jman888

29 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

The stingray cost $4, stallholder informed me of the price before she added it. Total cost for everything was $6.40. It's at a coffeeshop in Sembawang.

$4 for stingray consider still reasonable. Even pork chop from cai png stall costs $3-$3.50 siah.

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Shibadog said:

perhaps he meant the teeth of old people are blunt 

😄

Cannot bite hard cos the dentures cause discomfort. 

Their generation most didn't see dentist regularly. No electric toothbrushes back then. 

Everyone should take care of our teeth. 

Lao San Kway Chap open a stall at Eunos Crescent. Shiok! No need go AMK liao.

The kopitiam near the bus stop. Next to the stall is Eunos Bak Chor Mee. 

60695AA8-7458-4FB5-BA72-1E7177AB1DF7.jpeg

9694C5AF-6EC8-4EAC-8760-83D9929A8102.jpeg

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 19

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Cannot bite hard cos the dentures cause discomfort. 

Their generation most didn't see dentist regularly. No electric toothbrushes back then. 

Everyone should take care of our teeth. 

yup my late grandma had this issue. 

Wife wanted to eat ramen cos the game shes playing keep mentioning ramen.

Wanted to go eat shinjitsu ramen. Then while driving there, Google maps said permanently closed. Tried to check if Toa Payoh branch open, also listed as permanently closed. @Blueray

Back to amk 632 coffeeshop. 

IMG20221206183436_r2mnhwH65S.jpeg

IMG20221206183438_Ssl2jHf79D.jpeg

IMG20221206183041_HHKAPket4S.jpeg

• Praise 14
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 3

29 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Wife wanted to eat ramen cos the game shes playing keep mentioning ramen.

Wanted to go eat shinjitsu ramen. Then while driving there, Google maps said permanently closed. Tried to check if Toa Payoh branch open, also listed as permanently closed. @Blueray

Back to amk 632 coffeeshop. 

IMG20221206183436_r2mnhwH65S.jpeg

IMG20221206183438_Ssl2jHf79D.jpeg

IMG20221206183041_HHKAPket4S.jpeg

oh, that's new to me.

last month I was at the AMK blk 332 coffeeshop to try out pork chop fried rice, Shinjitsu was still in business.

On 12/4/2022 at 10:07 PM, Jman888 said:

I like DXE food, quite consistent and service is good.

Agree, and relatively inexpensive (by todays standard).

On 12/5/2022 at 3:48 PM, AndrewLee72 said:

DXEr - my kids like the WeekEnd soup. Went to Marina Sq de last weekend, now promo - sign up member - pay $88 - you get 1 whole duck and dining value of $100.

Use $50 to offset Bill. Subsequent visit you can Redeem your whole duck or 1/2 duck and also use the remain $50 to offset your 2nd visit bill. If left 1/2 duck - you can keep and save for your 3rd visit to any of their outlets! Not a bad deal/promo. Go check it out.

Yes, I just signed up for the member over the weekend, and utilized the 1st $50 discount. Another trip (with $50 discount) will cover the cost and by 3rd trip, tan tio liao... [thumbsup]

I was just asking my wife last night id we have sign up similar membership before covid-19 (around Nov 2019), cos I remembered about the full duck offer + disvount voucher. If I really signed up for one back then, luggi man...

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Agree, and relatively inexpensive (by todays standard).

Yes, I just signed up for the member over the weekend, and utilized the 1st $50 discount. Another trip (with $50 discount) will cover the cost and by 3rd trip, tan tio liao... [thumbsup]

I was just asking my wife last night id we have sign up similar membership before covid-19 (around Nov 2019), cos I remembered about the full duck offer + disvount voucher. If I really signed up for one back then, luggi man...

I only sign up 3 mths ago although me n wife go there almost every other week. Got voucher got whole duck, but I only utilized 1/4 of the duck.

Today I have time to walk around after doing all the bank stuff, so  decided to go find Tai Hwa bak chor mee after watching this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFTgn0OynlU

Bought the $8 bowl which is super duper luxury for me. But nvr mind la..since got Michelin star right......

Ok..right off the bat, I think the noodle texture is nice and there are plenty of delicious porky stuff (got value for that $8). The soup that comes with the seaweed is flavourful. However, I feel it is still the typical vinegarette kind of BCM.  

If there is no queue and I happen to be there, I wouldn't mind to eat again.  But if there is a long queue. I may give it a pass.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 7

39 minutes ago, Starry said:

Today I have time to walk around after doing all the bank stuff, so  decided to go find Tai Hwa bak chor mee after watching this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFTgn0OynlU

Bought the $8 bowl which is super duper luxury for me. But nvr mind la..since got Michelin star right......

Ok..right off the bat, I think the noodle texture is nice and there are plenty of delicious porky stuff (got value for that $8). The soup that comes with the seaweed is flavourful. However, I feel it is still the typical vinegarette kind of BCM.  

If there is no queue and I happen to be there, I wouldn't mind to eat again.  But if there is a long queue. I may give it a pass.

How you have queued?

This tai hwa BCM until now still no go try. I only tried the one at hong lim hawker centre.

After watching that Zermatt Neo video, you still have appetite to eat the BCM? Lol. Cause whenever i see his video, the food that he eats doesn't become appetizing anymore. 

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

How you have queued?

This tai hwa BCM until now still no go try. I only tried the one at hong lim hawker centre.

After watching that Zermatt Neo video, you still have appetite to eat the BCM? Lol. Cause whenever i see his video, the food that he eats doesn't become appetizing anymore. 

I queued about 20-25 minutes. 

For this stall, I actually wanted to try long ago but never had a chance.  Either they are close when I was there, or I had to rush.  After Zermatt's video is out, it simply serves as a reminder  for me  to try it out. So his video doesn't quite affect my appetite la , since I long wanted to try anyway. 😄

• Praise 1

Is a dumpling day for 2 girls at overseas. Finally all the previous training at home come worthwhile. Elder daughter now teaching her friends how to make. 

Screenshot_20221206-232214_Instagram_copy_1058x1705.jpg

Screenshot_20221206-232205_Instagram_copy_1066x1486.jpg

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 17

10 hours ago, 13177 said:

How you have queued?

i watched 2 episodes of Zermatt eating heaps of food and I have decided not to watch any more of his videos.

it is so wrong to waste so much food just to get some publicity and clicks. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

18 minutes ago, Blueray said:

i watched 2 episodes of Zermatt eating heaps of food and I have decided not to watch any more of his videos.

Cannot say waste food la, since he swallowed every bits of the food down his throat. Lol. I see that he did not really chew the foods, simply like stuff into his mouth and then swallow them. He must have a very huge throat that he did not got stuck by the food.

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Blueray said:

Hmm it's like being an AV actor. 

Something pleasurable becomes a job.

Life simple pleasures need to be moderated.

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 1