❤️ Living with covid - What Did You Makan Today? ❤️

Jman888

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

apples are yi fen qian yi fen huo. The cheap ones are really cheap. But usually they taste grainy and not crisp.
Just eat for the nutrition i guess. 

I don't buy rockit cos its too small.

Recently there has been quite a number of apple types coming in from NZ. I find this pdf very useful.
I recently bought a bag of kikus but honestly its not much much better than a bostock which is 1 dollar cheaper per bag. They didnt label what the Bostock apple (just found out it's a brand rather than a varietal) is but i suspect its something akin to fuji.

https://www.cmiapples.com/uploads/pdf/sales-sheets/sweet-o-meter.pdf

I usually buy envy, if not then it's pacific rose. Ambrosia is nice also but its an european or USA apple.

This pdf really useful siah. Lol.

Envy apples nice but the price is getting more and more ex, latest pricing i saw is 3 pcs $10.95. wanted to buy but see the price liao, in the end never buy. The most ex envy apples i bought was around $7 for 3 pcs i think.

• Praise 1

48 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Rasa sayang western. Good. The Michelin Lor mee is horrible and overpriced m.

FE53A60B-218E-4E2E-B59F-BCD3CD0C255A.jpeg

B02593C3-9BF3-4019-A109-D7CE81F6C0BA.jpeg

Wa, Michelin food is horrible? Then how it got Michelin? Lol.

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Nowadays even fruits price also went up a lot. Now even normal NZ apples also not cheap, 5 pieces need $4. If for nicer apples, like envy even more ex.

Environmentalist will jumping mad looking at the packaging for these precious apples..

• Praise 1

49 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Yesterday lor mee was so disappointing that I went to old airport road today for my favourite Lor mee. The Lor mee is $5 for a huge portion. Yesterday one was $6 for small…
the western port chop is burnt on one side… bad .

A53282D4-FFA8-4467-9629-0E8DC314A868.jpeg

B5E01317-EC72-4784-9E6E-66D8B59576D4.jpeg

Looks like the standard for this western barbeque stall really drop a lot a lot. I have mentioned previously that i used to frequent this stall very often around 20 + years ago, and their western foods were very good, esp this pork chop.

9 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Envy apples nice but the price is getting more and more ex, latest pricing i saw is 3 pcs $10.95. wanted to buy but see the price liao, in the end never buy. The most ex envy apples i bought was around $7 for 3 pcs i think.

yes this is by the far the best information. Cos otherwise most such similar charts are usually created for americans. 
Some of the varietals they have is not commonly found in our supermarkets.

And they like red delicious which gives me a jaw ache. Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Looks like the standard for this western barbeque stall really drop a lot a lot. I have mentioned previously that i used to frequent this stall very often around 20 + years ago, and their western foods were very good, esp this pork chop.

Badly burnt…

55D656A7-45B1-427D-A172-F3EF77AE09E9.jpeg

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 4

37 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Wa, Michelin food is horrible? Then how it got Michelin? Lol.

Worst thing is they don’t add vinegar chilli or garlic for you. Ask you to add yourself… 

if I want to season the food myself I will cook myself… 

How I know how much to add for each bowl???

FD72245A-D76A-4B32-8F67-776E81A6629C.jpeg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

36 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Worst thing is they don’t add vinegar chilli or garlic for you. Ask you to add yourself… 

if I want to season the food myself I will cook myself… 

How I know how much to add for each bowl???

FD72245A-D76A-4B32-8F67-776E81A6629C.jpeg

Think this feng zhen lor mee is like that one in terms of the vinegar.
I ate at the yishun branch of the non-taman jurong franchise, they also ask you self service add. 

I think it's ok cos its not like dry meepok where u add vinegar to the shallot oil/flavourings, they need to stir for you to coat all the noodles.
Whereas lor mee got the sauce which coat the noodles already.

But I can see why cos most types of food add vinegar for you. 

Edited by Lala81

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

apples are yi fen qian yi fen huo. The cheap ones are really cheap. But usually they taste grainy and not crisp.
Just eat for the nutrition i guess. 

I don't buy rockit cos its too small.

Recently there has been quite a number of apple types coming in from NZ. I find this pdf very useful.
I recently bought a bag of kikus but honestly its not much much better than a bostock which is 1 dollar cheaper per bag. They didnt label what the Bostock apple (just found out it's a brand rather than a varietal) is but i suspect its something akin to fuji.

https://www.cmiapples.com/uploads/pdf/sales-sheets/sweet-o-meter.pdf

I usually buy envy, if not then it's pacific rose. Ambrosia is nice also but its an european or USA apple.

Those fuji apples all not sweet. Even Japan one selling at Donki also so so only.

My choice is also Rose or Envy. Rockit is very sweet and crunchy.  Good for kids.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

$7 for 3 likely the smaller one. Bigger one is better.

2 hours ago, Wind30 said:

Badly burnt…

55D656A7-45B1-427D-A172-F3EF77AE09E9.jpeg

[shakehead] [shakehead] [shakehead]

You should bring it back to the stall and ask them, like this how to eat? 😅

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement