❤️ Living with covid - What Did You Makan Today? ❤️

Jman888

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

edges a bit mouldy eat. Of course if super mouldy then no.

This extra premium grain bread tends to get mouldy a tad more easily compared to other commercial gardenia/sunshine breads.

3 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Some breads become mouldy sooner than others. Last time I had a pack of hotdog buns which became mouldy before the expiry date.

Must also see how you store the bread? Sometimes the surrounding might spoil the bread faster even before the expiry date reach.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, mersaylee said:

No headache...only got thirsty spell...overly zealous with the chilli...😅

Got thirsty spell? MSG too much liao?

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Must also see how you store the bread? Sometimes the surrounding might spoil the bread faster even before the expiry date reach.

no sun. no heat. just pantry shelf.

I buy almost every week so i sorta know the pattern already.

We always buy 2 loaves of bread per week. But our consumption is usually 1.3 loaf per week. So always end up having leftover bread. The premium grain one is bit pai jiak, but i eat it for work sandwich twice a week (if too refined carbs, dont feel full).

I actually have 2 slices from 2 weeks ago, trimmed off the mould and gave it to my dog. We had the last week one for the stew LOL. 

• Haha! 1

14 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

@Lala81 This soi19 really good? Was at bkk and the Q was insanely long..

actually they're not related. The SG one is just "inspired by"

from their website: 

ABOUT US

SOI 19 THAI WANTON MEE

Inspired by famous Bangkok street food, Soi 19 Thai Wanton Mee has a strong appeal to many Singaporeans who have visited Bangkok and tried the local wanton mee. Its quality creations with affordable prices is also part of the consideration when people are looking for new places to dine or has craving for what they have tried before overseas.

• Praise 3

12 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

actually they're not related. The SG one is just "inspired by"

from their website: 

ABOUT US

SOI 19 THAI WANTON MEE

Inspired by famous Bangkok street food, Soi 19 Thai Wanton Mee has a strong appeal to many Singaporeans who have visited Bangkok and tried the local wanton mee. Its quality creations with affordable prices is also part of the consideration when people are looking for new places to dine or has craving for what they have tried before overseas.

Never tasted the original so nvm. 

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

We always buy 2 loaves of bread per week. But our consumption is usually 1.3 loaf per week. So always end up having leftover bread. The premium grain one is bit pai jiak, but i eat it for work sandwich twice a week (if too refined carbs, dont feel full).

I actually have 2 slices from 2 weeks ago, trimmed off the mould and gave it to my dog. We had the last week one for the stew LOL. 

What brand of this bread ah, how come so 'special' de? Lol.

• Praise 1

On 11/13/2022 at 9:02 PM, Carbon82 said:

Jiak por. This black chicken is huge, so big till the stall owner has to break it up to place it in the container. Half a bird btw 

pVXUaUr.jpg

Wah.. this looks potent..

Any special occasion? 
btw, which stall? Just asking only..

11 hours ago, Lala81 said:

We also consume two jambo loaves per week. We have switched to Whole meal white bread by Bake For You. It has more grains and it suit us more than the ultra fine or extra soft and fine. 

On 11/13/2022 at 10:49 AM, Tohto said:

SQ food standard also drop a lot nowadays. 

All go into cost saving that's why so high profit last quarter.

No pictures, but SIA now make a lot of profits I damn happy, they can serve me better meals when their share prices go up more. Haha

11 hours ago, Freeder said:

Wah.. this looks potent..

Any special occasion? 
btw, which stall? Just asking only..

啊2煲靓汤 at Blk 443 Pasir Ris Drive 6, Singapore 510443 (aircon food court)

https://goo.gl/maps/qU9xLBrQnKnKxfL48

VoPSWiZ.jpg

Price is on the higher side ($7.50 iirc) but the soup is good (I don't feel thirsty after finishing the soup). And jiak por don't need any special occasion lah...

• Praise 9

48 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

VoPSWiZ.jpg

Price is on the higher side ($7.50 iirc) but the soup is good (I don't feel thirsty after finishing the soup). And jiak por don't need any special occasion lah...

Think there's a branch at Fernvale HC 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

VoPSWiZ.jpg

All these herbal soup stall name looks so similar. I know 阿2老火湯, this one at ABC hawker centre, soups also not bad.

• Praise 2

9.90 tea time set at lenu Yishun. Ordered 3 to share among 4. This is the cheapest place to have dinner before 5pm. $37 nett comes with drink. 

84009AA3-1B69-4815-BDCA-F9CC6AB7592B.jpeg

ED1D22ED-5DFE-49F7-B00C-951F8CB84BA9.jpeg

• Praise 16

Prawn Hokkien mee at Fernvale HC. Surprisingly quite OK. One bedok hokkien mee.

Cheng kee beef Kway Teow. Chinese pho. Wanted to try the 牛什 but ordered wrongly... Beef slices bit chewy. Soup ok. This dish is quite rare? I guess other versions must be in town or something. 

Curry rice from the Kovan fc. The 卤肉 is good. Bought at 9+. My wife and kids broccoli became 臭酸 by lunch at 2. So that's not so good. My beans were fine. 

IMG20221115092829_L2LfJBEW8S.jpeg

IMG20221115135534_uyz11WQ85y.jpeg

IMG20221114185447_JxiHsZpD39.jpeg

• Praise 16