Don't complain Singaporeans! Be inspired

Lala81

18 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Lol tongue in cheek reference to Mr Benz. 

Anyway sometimes I read some stuff that I want to share with my kids for them to understand their privilege. 

This is one of them I just read. 

https://mothership.sg/2022/04/malaysian-boy-want-to-study/

This is just one of them. There are many more.

There were, and I am sure still are, students riding more than 20 kms to school. It was quite common. 

Can imagine the hardship they go thru. During inclement weather, the suffering is doubled...

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

This is just one of them. There are many more.

There were, and I am sure still are, students riding more than 20 kms to school. It was quite common. 

Can imagine the hardship they go thru. During inclement weather, the suffering is doubled...

Social media has a lot of negative aspects to it. But we should use it to celebrate the good things too. 

So for this boy to be recognised and get some financial help in getting to his goals (being able to get to school on time and not drop out after primary school), it should be something we all can get behind. 

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Lol tongue in cheek reference to Mr Benz. 

Anyway sometimes I read some stuff that I want to share with my kids for them to understand their privilege. 

This is one of them I just read. 

https://mothership.sg/2022/04/malaysian-boy-want-to-study/

Is like what someone once said about bhutan and its gross national happiness. Beautiful landscape, mountains, nature, simple, rural life, that we all city-dwellers desire and figure it brings happiness to the local inhabitants - but behind all that, the reality is often that the inhabitants are living in the worst poverty that we do not see.

• Praise 1

Young woman who came from a severely dysfunctional family trying to make her own business work. 

• Praise 4

Watch this with family last year sort as motivation for his start of P1 school life. 

His response..."papa the weather look fun can we go there for holiday?".

I fell off my chair. 😰

Edited by Kopites
  • Haha! 2

not to say this boy, when I see my secondary and JC classmates travel fr and to JB everyday in the 80s, I already stop complaining since then.

many students from JB are still doing so everyday (before covid).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5