VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

Hi guys. Anyone went in recently to Malaysia? Do they check for the VEP? So use TNG pay the road charge and toll can go in? I still haven't got any confirmation on my VEP yet but I have a valid TNG card though. Am going for a road trip end of the month. Need some feedback on the situation. Thanks 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Cannot. I not going in for day trip. Need to book accommodation. If uturn then accommodation can't refund. So need to make sure can go in before I book. 

24 minutes ago, Hammerhammer said:

Cannot. I not going in for day trip. Need to book accommodation. If uturn then accommodation can't refund. So need to make sure can go in before I book. 

Book trip.com then show u cannot come they will refund u lol

3 hours ago, Hammerhammer said:

Hi guys. Anyone went in recently to Malaysia? Do they check for the VEP? So use TNG pay the road charge and toll can go in? I still haven't got any confirmation on my VEP yet but I have a valid TNG card though. Am going for a road trip end of the month. Need some feedback on the situation. Thanks 

I went in during first 7 days, no vep, no need use tng pay

U have any black and white that u applied for vep?

If have just print and go

Alot people no vep yet they can't do shit cuz their system is slow

• Praise 2

40 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Hair raya coming. This piece of paper should be able to “settle”.🤣

109049D6-0EFB-4368-BD38-5290ED6A29F7.jpeg

Every 50km have one stop how?

Very pricey toll.

• Haha! 1

If need vep will be headline news liao. So far we've only heard about people stopped for outstanding fines and 3/4 tank.

Then again, I've not went in yet.

8 hours ago, Hammerhammer said:

If you aren't too particular on star, location and also not on a budget than there is no necessity to book accommodation in advance. 

Pre covid I can even drive up Genting with no booking ...😁Malacca to KL as well. 

Not sure about now though. 😁

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

Saw from website that the VEP RFID tag will be delivered via postage. The applicant will be contacted through email for confirmation on the postage arrangement. Seems like updated procedure. But within the same website at another page, it stated "The distribution of VEP-RFID tags will first be rolled out to privately owned/registered motor vehicles excluding motorcycle. However, the owner of motorcycles, commercial/goods vehicles and public service vehicles must also register for VEP. The installation of VEP-RFID tags involving these vehicle categories will take place at a later date which will be informed through an e-mail notification." Confusing.

If by postage, arrangement will be same as RFID tag for TnG which is available in shopee - self paste on vehicle.

https://vep.jpj.gov.my/#/

Edited by Sotong1977

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

If you aren't too particular on star, location and also not on a budget than there is no necessity to book accommodation in advance. 

Pre covid I can even drive up Genting with no booking ...😁Malacca to KL as well. 

Not sure about now though. 😁

Yah last time i reach there then book

see can reach anot if cant then book hotel at other cities lol

39 minutes ago, Sotong1977 said:

Saw from website that the VEP RFID tag will be delivered via postage. The applicant will be contacted through email for confirmation on the postage arrangement. Seems like updated procedure. But within the same website at another page, it stated "The distribution of VEP-RFID tags will first be rolled out to privately owned/registered motor vehicles excluding motorcycle. However, the owner of motorcycles, commercial/goods vehicles and public service vehicles must also register for VEP. The installation of VEP-RFID tags involving these vehicle categories will take place at a later date which will be informed through an e-mail notification." Confusing.

If by postage, arrangement will be same as RFID tag for TnG which is available in shopee - self paste on vehicle.

https://vep.jpj.gov.my/#/

I completed VEP registration and received email that nothing needs to be done until hear from them. Guess thats it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2