VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

Hypersonic
(edited)

Ask yourself how come VEP only for SG cars?

Thailand cars also go into MY what.

:D 

Why never share good things with their northern neighbour?

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

So law abiding for such half-baked implementation?

Even when borders are opened now, one can still experienced difficulties when logging into their JPJ website to deactivate an existing VEP, not to mention trying to register a new one.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
3 minutes ago, RadX said:

nice to know we are now part of Msia

image.thumb.png.c56047fa77942becb7aa90ef55c647f3.png

Like all the flag agaist country name are wrong.

• Haha! 2

Just to check:

I just bought an EZ-Link + TnG card from Esso petrol station. The balance in the TnG card is 0 now. I added the card to my TnG e-wallet app. I also topped up my TnG e-wallet and activated the auto-reload function.

A few questions:

1. Would I be able to pay for the toll charge at the Johor customs? I intend to use the Tuas 2nd Link and I intend to cross very early so don't want to get stuck.

2. Would I be able to pay for the road charge at the Johor customs?

3. If above 2 points possible, am I right that the deduction will take place at my TnG e-wallet?

4. Would this also be the same case with the highway tolls? Does this work with all highway tolls? I just have to tap my card at the card readers and the deduction takes place at my e-wallet right? 

5. I also have a VEP RFID installed and activated before the pandemic. I can see the RFID activated in my TnG e-wallet. Does this mean I can use the MyRFID lanes on highway toll booths which have them?

6. Again if I enter the MyRFID lanes, would the deduction take place at my e-wallet?

7. If 1-6 are all yes, would that mean I would never have to top up the TnG card physically anymore?

Thank you very much for anyone who is able to share and answer my questions!

Hypersonic
On 5/6/2022 at 5:51 PM, Unfazed said:

So many law abiding for such half-baked implementation?

Dumb suckers.

Hypersonic

SG who think  they are the smartest

are the easiest to con.

Who did VEP besides my MIL

after I told her a million times not to do it?

Cum clean. 

On 5/14/2022 at 8:32 PM, teomingern said:

Just to check:

I just bought an EZ-Link + TnG card from Esso petrol station. The balance in the TnG card is 0 now. I added the card to my TnG e-wallet app. I also topped up my TnG e-wallet and activated the auto-reload function.

A few questions:

1. Would I be able to pay for the toll charge at the Johor customs? I intend to use the Tuas 2nd Link and I intend to cross very early so don't want to get stuck.

3. If above 2 points possible, am I right that the deduction will take place at my TnG e-wallet?

4. Would this also be the same case with the highway tolls? Does this work with all highway tolls? I just have to tap my card at the card readers and the deduction takes place at my e-wallet right? 

5. I also have a VEP RFID installed and activated before the pandemic. I can see the RFID activated in my TnG e-wallet. Does this mean I can use the MyRFID lanes on highway toll booths which have them?

6. Again if I enter the MyRFID lanes, would the deduction take place at my e-wallet?

7. If 1-6 are all yes, would that mean I would never have to top up the TnG card physically anymore?

Thank you very much for anyone who is able to share and answer my questions!

I read somewhere that the rm20 road charge can only pay by the value inside TnG card. The Paydirect e-wallet won't work as it is for highway only. Not sure 100% sure though.

Neutral Newbie

@teomingern 

no, can only pay using value stored in card, not e-wallet. I bought tng card with value (Topup in jb by seller) with 30 rm, after cross then topup myself.

I don’t think so. Same as #1.

no, not possible. Value in card only.

depends on toll gates, some will deduct from e-wallet, the rest direct from tng card. To be safe topup card after crossing border.

yes, this works.

yes. But custom still need tng card.

they introduced enhanced tng with nfc, it will allow topup card value through tng app using smartphone with nfc. 
can consider this too, no need to worry to find kiosk anymore.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Anggi said:

@teomingern 

no, can only pay using value stored in card, not e-wallet. I bought tng card with value (Topup in jb by seller) with 30 rm, after cross then topup myself.

I don’t think so. Same as #1.

no, not possible. Value in card only.

depends on toll gates, some will deduct from e-wallet, the rest direct from tng card. To be safe topup card after crossing border.

yes, this works.

yes. But custom still need tng card.

they introduced enhanced tng with nfc, it will allow topup card value through tng app using smartphone with nfc. 
can consider this too, no need to worry to find kiosk anymore.

Thank you very much for your replies! Very helpful!

26 minutes ago, therock said:

Basically it seems you just need a passport and that TnG card, so far RFID is optional? 

My TnG cards are not expired and are linked to the E wallet. 

So may I still able to tab on the card reader at the immigration booth to pay for the  $20 and toll?? 

If no, is anyone selling the 20bucks TnG card where I could buy and top up more at the immigration booth to pay for the both charges??

Sorry for being a broken record. 😅

Not sure bro, hence my question..

I bought my TnG card, I'll get a friend who goes M'sia often to help me top up..  if you want to, you can borrow my card for your travels - just top it up when you're back..

41 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

So may I still able to tab on the card reader at the immigration booth to pay for the  $20 and toll?? 

If no, is anyone selling the 20bucks TnG card where I could buy and top up more at the immigration booth to pay for the both charges??

You should be able to just use your T and G card to pay the 20 myr at immigration as long as your card is not invalid.

If invalid card then must get new T and G card.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

Confirm can use. I had 2 cards, only 1 is able to link to TnG app, and can top-up + tap at customs and toll.

The other card that cannot be linked to app, can top-up, but cannot tap to pay at all. But lucky I topped up cuz to refund the value back to the eWallet, need minimum RM100 in the card. Still waiting for refund to come through.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2