VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

Hypersonic
20 minutes ago, teomingern said:

That exactly is the issue... it isn't easy to get hold of a valid TnG card without going into Malaysia in the first place...

So many on Carousell.

↡ Advertisement

22 minutes ago, teomingern said:

That exactly is the issue... it isn't easy to get hold of a valid TnG card without going into Malaysia in the first place...

Get @Confusedboi to help lo.

If not, take bus to JB

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

Got pple selling the new NFC touch and go card in carousell, can get from there.

Ok thank you! Will try... Carousell not the first place I think of lor... ha ha...

EDIT: I think mostly sold out... or just prohibitively expensive... yikes...

Edited by teomingern

(edited)

bought the TNG card at esso pioneer yesterday. they have quite a few (like a small stack) left. so those interested perhaps can try to buy from there. the one i bought for SGD10.00 has a value of RM49.50. not sure why though. 

Edited by Anjoy
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Anjoy said:

bought the TNG card at esso pioneer yesterday. they have quite a few (like a small stack) left. so those interested perhaps can try to buy from there. the one i bought for SGD10.00 has a value of RM49.50. not sure why though. 

Did you take the cashier's or another driver's card by mistake haha 

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
30 minutes ago, therock said:

Did you take the cashier's or another driver's card by mistake haha 

Same thoughts. 

• Praise 1

On 5/17/2022 at 12:15 PM, Jamesc said:

Dumb suckers.

:D

Can just tear that RFID sticker away if so overly concerned I feel.

If so scared, just standby copies of docu proof of current ownership lor.

Why get so concerned over a half-baked implementation? 

Yes, u are right that only Singaporeans are so law abiding even for a half-baked implementation like this when so many people without VEP has already commented that they went in and out. 

🤷‍♂️

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Anjoy said:

You bought the EZ-Link + TnG card right? Should be $0 value for the TnG wallet on the card leh... how come got RM49.50? That's more value than the cost of the card...

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Anjoy said:

how do you know there's value of this amount inside

On 5/18/2022 at 9:25 AM, therock said:

The incompetence of surrounding nations' leaders is a relief to us... if these resource rich, talent plenty nations got their act together, we would have been in dire straits a long long time ago... I'm grateful...

Just see this SEA games snafu.... all their bodybuilders can't compete.. simple instructions and they can't get it right..

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/sea-games-depressed-filipino-bodybuilders-sent-home-over-doping-rules

• Haha! 1

to those asking how come there is value of rm49.50 in there, it baffles me too. i used a friend's card to enter and his has about rm2++ in his card. i went to the petrol station to top up rm100 for my card and came back with a receipt and card value of rm149.50. 

2 hours ago, Dafansu said:

how do you know there's value of this amount inside

i went to top up in jb petrol station. topped up rm100 and reciept and card showed rm149.50

came back from malacca last sun! took a private van there as my relatives didn't wanna drive and my mom told me just go tgr (as I wanted to drive and meet them there, need to run my car on the NSHW). TNG in the few watsons we went to in malacca was sold out (usually watsons sell it), seems like hard to find, as my relatives wanted to get, and like I had a list of 11 ppl asking me to help them get.

Abit paiseh to ask our van driver to detour to different places to help me find the cards as we had a packed itinerary so I just left it as it is. I have my own EZ link x TNG card in sg, topped up on my 1st jb trip in early may as I went with a friend who had a card and he let me use his (we used the same toll booth 😅)

• Praise 2

To all motorists who did not link your TNG card to your e wallet: DO NOT PUT MONEY IN YOUR TNG CARD WHEN IT IS INACTIVE (UNUSED FOR MORE THAN A YEAR).

I asked a friend (Spore PR) to add value (Reload) in my TNG card (expiry Nov 2028) about 2 weeks ago in JB and he could do so. So I thought it was activated!

HOWEVER MY FRIEND SAY IT CANNOT USED TO PAY ANYTHING, EVEN FOR TOLLS and parking in MY! HE TRIED!

He asked around and was told to get a refund through e-wallet! Morale of the story: CAN RELOAD BUT CANNOT USE. TROUBLESOME to get refund.

This was the reply he got:

"Thank you for contacting Touch 'n Go.

We regret to learn that your card is not functioning. Please note that any Touch ‘n Go card that is not linked to Touch ‘n Go eWallet or has had no card transaction or reload for a period of twelve (12) consecutive months will become dormant (i.e. status inactive). To avoid any deduction of service fees, use the card at least once in twelve (12) months or link it to your Touch ‘n Go eWallet account. 

Once a card is deactivated, service fee of RM5.30 (including GST effective 1st April 2015 until 31st May 2018) or RM5.00 (effective from 1st June 2018 onwards) will be imposed. The fee is deducted from the last card balance during termination of the card. In the event of a deactivated card continues to remain inactive, service fee of  RM5.30 or RM5.00 will be charged and deducted from the said deposit or unutilized card balance once every six (6) months. We will stop charging the fee when the card is replaced, returned for refund or until the deposit and card balance is depleted."

You have been warned. I will get back the TNG card from him when he returns in June and submit an e-refund through my e wallet.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2