VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

Hi guys,

I thought there is this function called Paydirect specific to TnG where I top up my TnG. If there is insufficient value, it will auto deduct from the eWallet?

anyone tried this? I was thinking else why did they enable this function if it’s not usable.  

↡ Advertisement

4 minutes ago, Banz86 said:

Hi guys,

I thought there is this function called Paydirect specific to TnG where I top up my TnG. If there is insufficient value, it will auto deduct from the eWallet?

anyone tried this? I was thinking else why did they enable this function if it’s not usable.  

It is usable

https://www.touchngo.com.my/consumer/toll/paydirect/

It depends on where you are using it.

Yeah. I wanna use it at the customs CIQ when I have to pay the VEP + vehicle charge. Just checking if this is available as my TnG card has insufficient funds but I have money in the eWallet. 

(edited)
19 minutes ago, Banz86 said:

Hi guys,

I read that the auto deduct won't work for the RM20 road charge

Edited by Lotr

8 minutes ago, Banz86 said:

Yeah. I wanna use it at the customs CIQ when I have to pay the VEP + vehicle charge. Just checking if this is available as my TnG card has insufficient funds but I have money in the eWallet. 

The issue is that the road charge card reader for the RM20 doesn't deduct from the e-wallet... apparently it doesn't support the PayDirect function... and that's likely because the Road Charge is paid to the government department in charge of roads works, while the toll charges go to the road operators who are part of the PayDirect system... 

31 minutes ago, teomingern said:

The issue is that the road charge card reader for the RM20 doesn't deduct from the e-wallet... apparently it doesn't support the PayDirect function... and that's likely because the Road Charge is paid to the government department in charge of roads works, while the toll charges go to the road operators who are part of the PayDirect system... 

Even NSHW cannot use PayDirect.

Your assumption is off the mark la

16 hours ago, Blackaccent said:

@teomingern Thanks. 😊

So am I right to say that since can add the card into the app, I can still use the card? 

Yes, that's what I am given to understand...

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Even NSHW cannot use PayDirect.

Your assumption is off the mark la

Oh yes... sorry... NSHW must use RFID lor... it's now available for all highways in West Malaysia... since I have the VEP RFID, can just use that... otherwise just buy the TnG RFID lor... using RFID will also deduct from e-wallet...

Just now, teomingern said:

Oh yes... sorry... NSHW must use RFID lor... it's now available for all highways in West Malaysia... since I have the VEP RFID, can just use that... otherwise just buy the TnG RFID lor... using RFID will also deduct from e-wallet...

Feedback from MY fren is that RFID is hit and miss hor.

Some ppl has no issue.

Some ppl need to go gostan before it works.

Just now, inlinesix said:

Feedback from MY fren is that RFID is hit and miss hor.

Some ppl has no issue.

Some ppl need to go gostan before it works.

Sounds like our ERP at car parks sometimes... I suspect my car might have issue cos my RFID is located on my headlights cos my windscreen is covered with VKool film and their RFID detectors can't read my RFID tag if placed on the windscreen behind the film...

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

That's because you think like a Singaporean

😂

Cos I Singaporean mah... not surprising leh... heh heh... kia si, over think and over plan mah...

go Malaysia just use the touch and go card at toll booths to tap if you want to play safe even if you have RFID already installed.

oh yeah if on NSHW you suddenly see all the malaysian cars slowing down when road is clear ahead, high chance there is speed camera ahead, so you should guai guai slow down also.😁

If not say cheese to the speeding camera flash later on

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
(edited)
20 hours ago, Karoon said:

No. There is no more top up counter at either causeway or tuas. Incredible. If you're stuck, you have to come out, apologise to car behind, put on a smiley face and beg cars around to borrow their cards while you pay them cash. It happened to me last month. 

And if you think can buy the ezlink-touchngo combo card in sg to solve the problem, no. It comes with 2 separate accts, the ezlink wallet can be top up here obviously, but the touchngo account, which has 0 value, can only be top up across the border. Really dumb dumb. But it discourages drivers from going across, so no jams for us. 😀 

Actually, I am very surprised to hear that they are not using the leftmost toll counter for sale (and topping up) of Touch n Go card.  In fact, given the high influx of vehicles now, they should open up 1 or 2 more counters temporarily for such purpose.  This is a quick way to make some money from the road.

Edited by Albeniz

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, teomingern said:

RC can still be deducted from the e-wallet, just that it's not supported for all gantries. Think they have yet to programmed it for all. 

2 hours ago, Dafansu said:

RC can still be deducted from the e-wallet, just that it's not supported for all gantries. Think they have yet to programmed it for all. 

Then how to know can or cannot? Ha ha... you just further muddied the already murky waters.

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Actually, I am very surprised to hear that they are not using the leftmost toll counter for sale (and topping up) of Touch n Go card.  In fact, given the high influx of vehicles now, they should open up 1 or 2 more counters temporarily for such purpose.  This is a quick way to make some money from the road.

It's bolehland. Somehow I believe the answer lies in crony rights overlapping, no solution. 

↡ Advertisement