VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

9 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Not sure leh... now RFID got to scramble to align the car... I think that's harder than positioning the SMART tag? I don't know...

I can't shift my tag on the headlamp, so JPJ got to upgrade their equipment or move their reader. This can be sorted out in due course, I believe. 

But equipment failure cannot be eliminated totally, so JPJ should think about back up alternative so as not to jam up the road. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

32 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I can't shift my tag on the headlamp, so JPJ got to upgrade their equipment or move their reader. This can be sorted out in due course, I believe. 

But equipment failure cannot be eliminated totally, so JPJ should think about back up alternative so as not to jam up the road. 

I mean you can... simply by replacing it I suppose... I'll try again when I go in to Malaysia and drop my report here... otherwise it will be straight to the fitment centre to complain about the tag and perhaps get it tested and replaced if necessary... tech should not be this difficult...

Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

Isn't that more troublesome, go near gantry, scramble to position the smart tag? 

Thanks for sharing, so ours got signal booster (powered by the car) and that is why our ERP reader can be 3m high? 

Stick SMART TAG against the windscreen before entering gantry

Not cumbersome once you get the hang of it.

1 hour ago, Steptronic said:

Flight also not required. I flew to KL a couple of weeks ago. But, finger prints were taken

double confirm. Malaysia no immigration card for flights. I was waiting for the cabin crew to hand out but no need. 

Coming back SG, need the electronic SG arrival card to be filled out then can do automated clearance.

• Praise 3

Isn't that more troublesome, go near gantry, scramble to position the smart tag? 

Thanks for sharing, so ours got signal booster (powered by the car) and that is why our ERP reader can be 3m high? 

slight inconvenience.

if there's a queue at the lane, no real rush.

if no queue, be happy about it, just slow down as usual when on approach.

I keep my smart tag in an easily accessible place - can reach it with one hand, no need to use eyes. 

the real risk is about leaving it on the dash is... it slides down onto the floor when WOT after gantry open 😄 

• Haha! 3

May I ask any of you guys got a new TNG card in SG? Tons of flippers online but dont feel like dealing with them.

Edited by Xers007

On 12/1/2022 at 10:38 PM, Xers007 said:

May I ask any of you guys got a new TNG card in SG? Tons of flippers online but dont feel like dealing with them.

If not urgent, just wait.  A few months ago, it was impossible to get hold of one, now it is possible if you are lucky. 

• Praise 1

I tried to complete my VEP submission to collect RFID Tag but got this message :

Your eWallet account is inactive. Kindly download and register via TnG eWallet Mobile App. Also verify your eWallet profile with the same NRIC and registered Mobile Phone Number in order to complete the submission."

I then register a TnG eWallet App account (without registering a TnG card), but still the above message appears and unable to proceed with VEP submission.

1) Must I wait a few days before submitting again ?

2) Must I register a TnG card to my App for RFID to work ?  

3) Is it possible to transfer a TnG card currently registered under my Dad's App to me ?  and how to do it  ?

TIA for any responses

Edited by oceanicmanta

7 hours ago, oceanicmanta said:

I tried to complete my VEP submission to collect RFID Tag but got this message :

Your eWallet account is inactive. Kindly download and register via TnG eWallet Mobile App. Also verify your eWallet profile with the same NRIC and registered Mobile Phone Number in order to complete the submission."

I then register a TnG eWallet App account (without registering a TnG card), but still the above message appears and unable to proceed with VEP submission.

1) Must I wait a few days before submitting again ?

2) Must I register a TnG card to my App for RFID to work ?  

3) Is it possible to transfer a TnG card currently registered under my Dad's App to me ?  and how to do it  ?

TIA for any responses

Just try (3), really no harm, can add and delete anytime. i think you need a TNG card.

Edited by Voodooman

Just try (3), really no harm, can add and delete anytime. i think you need a TNG card.

I think the requirements may have changed cos when I completed my VEP RFID tag collection in 2019, I didn't have any TnG e-wallet... in fact, I only installed the e-wallet in 2021... not sure if the two are linked now... cos having the VEP RFID tag is for identification purposes and using it for payment for tolls, road charge is over and above that legal requirement... so I don't know why now it seems like you must have a TnG e-wallet associated with your VEP RFID tag registration...

• Praise 1

Hi guys,

Need advice

As I only go up north like once or twice a year, is it a must to get the VEP?

Can we still go in using the TNG card way?

Find it strange that we have to give so much private info to another sovereign country.

Thank you

1 hour ago, GoodCar said:

Hi guys,

Need advice

official answer...yes, unofficial answer...no

yes

Find it strange that we have to give so much private info to another sovereign country.

Thank you

Hi guys,

Need advice

Thank you

many are still going in and out without VEP. No issue yet. 

FYI Msia car entering SG also need to pre-apply and give many info. See here https://onemotoring.lta.gov.sg/content/onemotoring/home/driving/entering_and_exiting_singapore/cars-and-motorcycles-registered-in-malaysia.html

Hi guys,

Need advice

Thank you

If you don't go in often, can probably wait, Singaporeans are one of the support pillars of the Johor economy (proven during Covid), so strict enforcement will be sometimes away but I doubt VEP (this form or another) will go away.

As for info, don't think SG ask for less from MY visitors, especially those driving in.  Msians even have to rent / install a ERP device. 

• Praise 2

On 12/1/2022 at 2:08 PM, teomingern said:

I mean you can... simply by replacing it I suppose... I'll try again when I go in to Malaysia and drop my report here... otherwise it will be straight to the fitment centre to complain about the tag and perhaps get it tested and replaced if necessary... tech should not be this difficult...

Tested.  Mine works seamlessly, both at Causeway and at tolls. Shiok.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, GoodCar said:

Hi guys,

Need advice

Thank you

No VEP - just travelled in November 

11 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

If you don't go in often, can probably wait, Singaporeans are one of the support pillars of the Johor economy (proven during Covid), so strict enforcement will be sometimes away but I doubt VEP (this form or another) will go away.

As for info, don't think SG ask for less from MY visitors, especially those driving in.  Msians even have to rent / install a ERP device. 

regarding ERP , they have a choice.

ERP payment for foreign cars

Foreign cars can pay a fixed rate of $5 daily to use ERP-priced roads during ERP operating hours, regardless of the number of times the cars pass through ERP gantries.

The fixed ERP fee will be deducted from your Autopass Card when your car exits Singapore.

You can also choose to rent a temporary In-vehicle Unit (IU) at Tuas or Woodlands Checkpoint to pay your ERP charges, or permanently install an IU in your car by visiting any authorised IU Service Centre. To use the IU, you will need to insert a stored-value card:

• Praise 3

13 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Based on Anthony Loke previous stint as Transport MInister, VEP will be a low priority for next 5 years.

No worry for 5 years.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1