VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Stormers64 said:

Gd day..

Vehicle scrap and needs to register new VEP.

Tried to transfer but seems not valid.

I still kept the VEP sticker..hehe..

Stormers.

need a new registration and new tag, can't just transfer over.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

hi, i am wondering if I can pay the toll with Touch n Go E-wallet at Malaysia check point? I have a physical Touch n go card with no value and it seems I can only tops up the E-wallet while I am in Singapore. Thank you  

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Lol i had two T&G cards which i discarded during the pandemic. Now regret since can just reactivate. 😄

Their old TNG card is Heng sway one .. some cards can reactivate but some cannot .

The toll booths , you cannot top up now … They only sell the card , can only reload at petrol kiosk .

• Praise 1

Supercharged
On 4/15/2022 at 1:04 PM, Karoon said:

Any idea if can buy/top up tng card BEFORE malaysia immigration booths at both woodlands and tuas?

Can buy from those carousel sellers lo …buy those with at least 30 ringgit so at least can pay the road charge and top up yourself at the first petrol kiosk you see . This way can drive smoothly into Malaysia lo rather than have to find their mobile team at the customs and waste your time . 

A lot of petrol kiosk all their TNG cards sold out … can only do top up …

• Praise 1

22 hours ago, onthecrest said:

hi, i am wondering if I can pay the toll with Touch n Go E-wallet at Malaysia check point? I have a physical Touch n go card with no value and it seems I can only tops up the E-wallet while I am in Singapore. Thank you  

As mentioned by Dafansu, wait for the TnG card with NFC to be available in shopee. This one can reload the stored value using the TnG app thru NFC, similar to topping ezlink card using ezlink app. Someone was selling it for $18 but now out of stock. Ewallet (also out of stock) can buy but I doubt will deliver to Sg address.

https://shopee.sg/Touch-n-Go-Card-Malaysia-Toll-i.287623371.10191926128

Edited by Sotong1977
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Sotong1977 said:

As mentioned by Dafansu, wait for the TnG card with NFC to be available in shopee. This one can reload the stored value using the TnG app thru NFC, similar to topping ezlink card using ezlink app. Someone was selling it for $18 but now out of stock. Ewallet (also out of stock) can buy but I doubt will deliver to Sg address.

https://shopee.sg/Touch-n-Go-Card-Malaysia-Toll-i.287623371.10191926128

I tried to top EZLink via apps. It does not work properly.

Take note

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
Just now, inlinesix said:

Take note

U can only top up via app using the new NFC card. The touchngo cum EZlink card don't come with NFC, any top up via app will be to the E-wallet only not to the card. 

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Dafansu said:

U can only top up via app using the new NFC card. The touchngo cum EZlink card don't come with NFC, any top up via app will be to the E-wallet only not to the card. 

I know.

I am saying that top up via NFC may not work working properly 

10 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Take note

It works for me. Useful if stuck at carpark gantry. When u say does not work properly, do u mean having issue detecting the ezlink card with your phone's NFC? Need to remove phone cover if there is one. I am using samsung s series.

Edited by Sotong1977

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

I know.

I am saying that top up via NFC may not work working properly 

u referring to the normal SG EZlink card via EZlink app? I've no issue with the top up using NFC. Sometimes might be due to phone case. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hello,

Need some advice. My brother-in-law brought a 2nd hand car from dealer. Seems that the previous owner already registered VEP.
The JPJ website prompts this error. I tried to contact JPJ via email, and as usual, no replies after 1 week.

So technically, the car has a VEP, but is tagged to the previous owner.

Any advices? Many thanks in advance.

image.thumb.png.24c6321195640a4bd03929e827581479.png

Supersonic

afaik.....ur bil is screwed if he die die wan to register VEP to drive into MY, unless he can get e previous owner or the owner who did e registration to de-register it.

Hypersonic

The thing is do they really check?

My friend has a invalid VEP because he can’t modify his insurance coverage but he has went in and out 3 times.

Turbocharged

When u go in, you need to tap 2 different scanners before the gantry opens,  which are one on top of another. One is labelled TnG which i assume is normal toll (rm2.30) and the other is labelled vep (rm13.60). 

I alologise for being the sad guy who blocked traffic 2 days ago because both my TnG cards simply did not work. Not low value, it says 'tidka sah' which i think means 'not valid' and had to beg for cars who just went past other gantries to use theirs and reimburse them. Customs fellas just shrug their shoulders and said sorry, no one selling here, please sort it out, we can't open the gantry for you as its not under customs purview. 

A kind family did allow me to use theirs. In JB, i stopped by in no less than 8 petrol stations/7-11s, and no one has new TnG cards. 

So, check your cards guys. 

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, BrainySmurf said:

Hello,

Need some advice. My brother-in-law brought a 2nd hand car from dealer. Seems that the previous owner already registered VEP.
The JPJ website prompts this error. I tried to contact JPJ via email, and as usual, no replies after 1 week.

So technically, the car has a VEP, but is tagged to the previous owner.

Any advices? Many thanks in advance.

image.thumb.png.24c6321195640a4bd03929e827581479.png

Previous owner will quickly deregister as soon as JPJ start posting him all your speeding and parking tickets. 😆

↡ Advertisement