VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

Just now, Voodooman said:

No doubt the project got moving coz there is money to be made by cronies. It however doesn't mean that there is no real need to plug the gap. 

i'm sure there's a need to plug the legal loopholes. 

my point is simply that their motivation is not what they claim it is. At the current project stage, the big contracts have been awarded. Time to move on and find the next cash cow.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

7 hours ago, Shibadog said:

i'm sure there's a need to plug the legal loopholes. 

my point is simply that their motivation is not what they claim it is. At the current project stage, the big contracts have been awarded. Time to move on and find the next cash cow.

I don’t disagree.

What I can’t fathom is why some here thinks that the “self funded” (by us) tolling project with  backend infrastructure all done up and which serves a real need would not be rolled out eventually? 

Not forgetting that the RFID part will also dovetail with MY plan to go cashless with toll/VEP collection. 

Anyway, not promoting VEP or anything, just sharing my recent experience.  I think some form of enforcement during off peak hours will come soon with this VEP mailing option and Anthony Loke has a pretty good track record of getting things done.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/malaysian-minister-says-govt-looking-at-ways-to-simplify-installation-of-vep-on

• Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Sosaria said:

I don't have VEP because applied before covid, they never respond until now [laugh]

But then also must have TNG card to drive in, so it says. Question is, where to purchase this before going into malaysia. All the purchasing places are in malaysia, so it seems like catch-22, isn't it? You need TNG to go in and buy TNG?? This part I don't understand.

Hardly ever drive into malaysia, usually i just rent a car and solve all the problem.

Recently I bought 1 tng card from sg based shopee seller. Yes, they charged a premium than if you buy from official sources. For me, it is a worthwhile charge as it saves me having to run around looking for one here or otherwise. People need to eat. Just make sure the seller is ok (sold quite a number without too many negative reviews). So far i checked my card is legit on the tng app, but I have yet to use it.

I also don't have vep, but i don't frequent driving over so just wait see.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

I don’t disagree.

What I can’t fathom is why some here thinks that the “self funded” (by us) tolling project with  backend infrastructure all done up and which serves a real need would not be rolled out eventually? 

Not forgetting that the RFID part will also dovetail with MY plan to go cashless with toll/VEP collection. 

Anyway, not promoting VEP or anything, just sharing my recent experience.  I think some form of enforcement during off peak hours will come soon with this VEP mailing option and Anthony Loke has a pretty good track record of getting things done.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/malaysian-minister-says-govt-looking-at-ways-to-simplify-installation-of-vep-on

maybe because it's Malaysia?

anyway, what we think has little material impact on what actually happens. 

• Haha! 2

21 hours ago, Sosaria said:

I don't have VEP because applied before covid, they never respond until now [laugh]

But then also must have TNG card to drive in, so it says. Question is, where to purchase this before going into malaysia. All the purchasing places are in malaysia, so it seems like catch-22, isn't it? You need TNG to go in and buy TNG?? This part I don't understand.

Hardly ever drive into malaysia, usually i just rent a car and solve all the problem.

Borrow from friends or buy the Singapore EZ-Link x TnG version then take bus in to top up lor... you can't quite buy the card that easily anymore even in Malaysia...

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Columbian78 said:

Recently I bought 1 tng card from sg based shopee seller. Yes, they charged a premium than if you buy from official sources. For me, it is a worthwhile charge as it saves me having to run around looking for one here or otherwise. People need to eat. Just make sure the seller is ok (sold quite a number without too many negative reviews). So far i checked my card is legit on the tng app, but I have yet to use it.

I also don't have vep, but i don't frequent driving over so just wait see.

You succumbed to the scalpers... they're holding all the stock of cards actually... which the Malaysian government can't do anything about I guess... the only way is to go cashless and not need the card then they get stuck with stock which no one needs...

21 hours ago, Sosaria said:

In malaysia, everything can settle by friendly talk and appeal with reason [laugh] Not like here, the parking warden want to close one eye and help you also cannot

I don't know about you... but I never able to have friendly talk... maybe it's cos I refuse to pay coffee money lor... 

Edited by teomingern

On 12/5/2022 at 3:16 PM, Wt_know said:

vep is coined to recover summons

vep is coined to track stolen cars

vep is coined to help spore cars to travel smoothly in highway with vep-rfid payment

but most importantly ... vep is business opportunities 

now can scrap and move on to vep 2.0

:grin:

Every few years will have some new pattern. Life is as such with boleh land. Maybe I get to see vep10.0 before I die? 😂

20 hours ago, Shibadog said:

this is the official reason used for press release.

the likely real reason is to line cronies pockets while getting a nice commission. 

notice how the Rm20 Road Charge was quickly and suddenly implemented when the VEP talk was still in early stages? and how this RC is only implemented at the land border with SG as this will maximize collections. From what i've heard, the Rm20 is split between the contractor and JPJ. Same for the AES fines. 

Definitely... but they also need the country to function... not everything is purely a pocket-lining exercise but it's also true that in everything, lining pockets is also part of the consideration...

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Mkl22 said:

Every few years will have some new pattern. Life is as such with boleh land. Maybe I get to see vep10.0 before I die? 😂

Depends on who is in charge... it's just more or less and more or less visible....

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Voodooman said:

I don’t disagree.

Because the late old man had always said “with a stroke of a pen” is how Malaysia run things. I tend to agree very much. 

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Mkl22 said:

Because the late old man had always said “with a stroke of a pen” is how Malaysia run things. I tend to agree very much. 

He said that?

1 minute ago, teomingern said:

Depends on who is in charge... it's just more or less and more or less visible....

Same same la. Eat big or eat small. Still must eat. Else not called boleh land for no reason. 

Just now, Mkl22 said:

Same same la. Eat big or eat small. Still must eat. Else not called boleh land for no reason. 

Always eat in moderation... then can live long long... is that not the objective of the long game? Najib eat until indigestion... not very good is it?

• Haha! 1

On 12/5/2022 at 10:59 AM, teomingern said:

You definitely don't have to get the VEP now... there's no requirement but you're encouraged to make it easier once it becomes compulsory... note that the tag lasts 5 years only... have to renew 6 months before it expires... you will have to use the TnG card to get in without the VEP tag... there's no other way...

Sorry I am new to this. Do you mean there is no need to get VEP to enter Malaysia now?

Thanks.

11 hours ago, tiestoisass said:

Sorry I am new to this. Do you mean there is no need to get VEP to enter Malaysia now?

Thanks.

Yes... there are no checks for the VEP now...

On 12/6/2022 at 12:12 PM, Shibadog said:

maybe because it's Malaysia?

anyway, what we think has little material impact on what actually happens. 

Perhaps I am not clear.

Save for taxes and death, noone, except God knows for certain anything. 

I am just saying based on what have been done, rolled out (adding mailing option) and what remains to be executed (ie. S curve) and that given there is a real need to plug the gap, the odds of VEP suddenly getting scrapped is really remote. 

Some might want to wait and see, that is ok but saying VEP will never happen (simi VEP 10.0) is just a biased and totally unfounded opinion. 

Think i am repeating myself, let’s just agree to disagree and see how fast this moves. Who knows, there might be another change of government in 6 months. 😂

Edited by Voodooman
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2