VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

@Confusedboi @badlammy 

Thanks bro for the explanation. 

So in a way the MY side lifted the one year no go in thingy. I was about to make a purchase of 50bucks TnG card with 50 ringgit in value, good for only going in and must top up while inside. 

↡ Advertisement

(edited)
45 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

@Confusedboi @badlammy 

So in a way the MY side lifted the one year no go in thingy. I was about to make a purchase of 50bucks TnG card with 50 ringgit in value, good for only going in and must top up while inside. 

No prob. Enjoy your trip!

It feels fantastic to see my needle at full tank again! 😀 

20220517_212452.jpg

Edited by badlammy
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, therock said:

Basically it seems you just need a passport and that TnG card, so far RFID is optional? 

at the moment RFID is optional still, i went it without RFID. only using TnG card ( new one).

If possible buy the newer T and G card when in Malaysia which is NFC capable so can top up using T and G app E-wallet so that in future no need to manually top up at toll booths or R and R stop.

59 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

@Confusedboi @badlammy 

Yes it seems so... and I think another bro did say can link any TnG card to the e-wallet... if the e-wallet can read the balance then it's working and can tap at the Road Charge reader...

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

at the moment RFID is optional still, i went it without RFID. only using TnG card ( new one).

If possible buy the newer T and G card when in Malaysia which is NFC capable so can top up using T and G app E-wallet so that in future no need to manually top up at toll booths or R and R stop.

Yeah definitely will look for it but I think always sold out... maybe further north would be better...

(edited)
5 minutes ago, therock said:

Thanks, I don't even have the app... old school, so I'm hoping the TnG card will suffice..

Maybe in the future might be totally cashless then how? Although Malaysia always gostan quite often so maybe not so soon... also cashless affects those who can't get credit or debit cards...

Edited by teomingern

11 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Maybe in the future might be totally cashless then how? Although Malaysia always gostan quite often so maybe not so soon... also cashless affects those who can't get credit or debit cards...

I don't think the adoption of IT is as quick and there are many who may not want cashless yet... I'll cross that bridge when it presents itself..

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, teomingern said:

Will be a very long time away la. Look at how they f**ked up their RFID implementation. You think they can go cashless efficiently soon meh.

7 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

Will be a very long time away la. Look at how they f**ked up their RFID implementation. You think they can go cashless efficiently soon meh.

Don't need the whole Malaysia lor... just the two chokepoints at Tuas and Woodlands enough already lor.... just see how the need to have value in the physical TnG card is creating a snafu for many would-be travellers into Malaysia via the two land links... and really that's the whole point right? Cos they always boleh, so whatever they do is always neither here nor there and we just have to dance to their tune if we want to go in and enjoy...

10 hours ago, therock said:

I don't think the adoption of IT is as quick and there are many who may not want cashless yet... I'll cross that bridge when it presents itself..

Yeah I guess so... the whole point about Malaysia is that they can just implement one thing today and then throw it all away the next day... so TnG app may get replaced in a few years' time if it isn't lucrative enough...

10 hours ago, badlammy said:

App-less is ok for now. But a lot (if not all) of the retail merchants accept the TnG eWallet as payment.

Oh? Is that so... I wonder if I should try using it then... then don't need to convert so much cash... I don't even use such cashless payment methods in Singapore other than a credit card... so quite ironic actually... ha ha...

27 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Don't need the whole Malaysia lor... just the two chokepoints at Tuas and Woodlands enough already lor.... just see how the need to have value in the physical TnG card is creating a snafu for many would-be travellers into Malaysia via the two land links... and really that's the whole point right? Cos they always boleh, so whatever they do is always neither here nor there and we just have to dance to their tune if we want to go in and enjoy...

To be fair, execution is bad and interrupted by the pandemic but toll collection will have to go 100% cashless one day. Why do you need to pay people to station themselves at the toll booths to collect cash when it can be automated with today's technology?

It isn't exactly seamless for MY vehicles to get into SG as well. Got Autopass, need advance approval, etc.  

Like you said, just dance to their tune and enjoy what Malaysia has to offer us, which is a lot. 

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Don’t take things for granted, that’s what a pandemic has shown me.

Before COVID, who would have thought the borders will be closed for 2 years and can’t even get into Malaysia.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

The incompetence of surrounding nations' leaders is a relief to us... if these resource rich, talent plenty nations got their act together, we would have been in dire straits a long long time ago... I'm grateful...

• Praise 4

5 hours ago, therock said:

The incompetence of surrounding nations' leaders is a relief to us... if these resource rich, talent plenty nations got their act together, we would have been in dire straits a long long time ago... I'm grateful...

Totally bro... otherwise we gg long ago...

Yikes, just tried adding my dad's 3 TnG cards to the TnG e-wallet app on my phone... all 3 flagged as expired / inactive... all 3 cards are not past the printed expiry date: 2025, 2028 & 2029... guess just have to tap at the card readers and hope for the best... sigh...

↡ Advertisement