VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

1 minute ago, teomingern said:

Yikes, just tried adding my dad's 3 TnG cards to the TnG e-wallet app on my phone... all 3 flagged as expired / inactive... all 3 cards are not past the printed expiry date: 2025, 2028 & 2029... guess just have to tap at the card readers and hope for the best... sigh...

All 3 cards are invalid now.

It has not been used for more than 1 year.

↡ Advertisement

Just now, inlinesix said:

All 3 cards are invalid now.

It has not been used for more than 1 year.

So invalid means cannot use? Bro bsswan in the MySejahtera thread said his never use for 3 years but he was able to use the card... see below... hopefully can use lor... cos got other report that the one-year activity limit seems to be lifted... sigh... don't mind someone can top up my new card for me...

23 hours ago, bsswan said:

No need......

So, I arrived my KL hotel more than an hour ago and the stressful "what ifs" never came off. Out from Tuas, no problem, but i'm obviously out of practice, managed to stack myself behind the one e-class with four people inside. Took ages.

Anyway to 2nd Link side and handover passport, tapped the VEP and job done. Last time I used the car was like 3yrs ago, long before the pandemic, but expiry is 2026 so there was no hesitation in taking off the RM20, Malaysian style, don't care too much about everything else so long as i can take your money. I tried the first toll booth to top-up and the guy two-cars in front managed but me and the one before me, no - shift change. So off to Petronas for a top up then non-stop to hotel.

I've forgotten Malaysian penchant for closing one lane of the highway in multiple locations but this time a nice steady slow speed - first time seeing static speed cameras plus the usual guys hiding behind bridges so, unusually, I can walk away from this one without a ticket.

1 minute ago, teomingern said:

So invalid means cannot use? Bro bsswan in the MySejahtera thread said his never use for 3 years but he was able to use the card... see below... hopefully can use lor... cos got other report that the one-year activity limit seems to be lifted... sigh... don't mind someone can top up my new card for me..

Confirm la.

It is likely he had added TnG card in the app previously.

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Confirm la.

It is likely he had added TnG card in the app previously.

Oh.... yeah that makes sense... let me check with him...

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Yup saw that post too... thanks for digging that up and post here... now looking for people to help me top up and activate the old cards if possible... seems like topping up the card will do...

31 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Yikes, just tried adding my dad's 3 TnG cards to the TnG e-wallet app on my phone... all 3 flagged as expired / inactive... all 3 cards are not past the printed expiry date: 2025, 2028 & 2029... guess just have to tap at the card readers and hope for the best... sigh...

Expiry date is 1 thingy, e card needs to b active, ie. used at least once per yr, or registered into tng ewallet b4 it goes inactive, to remain active so tat u can use it.

I managed to register my tng cards into e tng ewallet while it's still active ard feb 2020 (last used mar 2019), and when e boarders opens after 2 yrs, no problems using it at e land chk pts.

Ur case, cannot hope 4 e best alr. Hi chance need borrow card fr other car when crossing land chk pts.

In such case (if u wan borrow fr other car), woodlands would b e preferred crossing as both RC & tolls pay at e same spot/time, tuas RC pay at e passport booth, and pay toll fees futher up e road, 2 different location.

If not, if u hav friend gg in who hav a valid tng card, ask them try out ur card, or buy e dual purpose card here and ask ppl gg in to topup RM for u. JB a lot of place TnG card sold out.

• Praise 3

3 minutes ago, zipping said:

Expiry date is 1 thingy, e card needs to b active, ie. used at least once per yr, or registered into tng ewallet b4 it goes inactive, to remain active so tat u can use it.

I managed to register my tng cards into e tng ewallet while it's still active ard feb 2020 (last used mar 2019), and when e boarders opens after 2 yrs, no problems using it at e land chk pts.

Ur case, cannot hope 4 e best alr. Hi chance need borrow card fr other car when crossing land chk pts.

In such case (if u wan borrow fr other car), woodlands would b e preferred crossing as both RC & tolls pay at e same spot/time, tuas RC pay at e passport booth, and pay toll fees futher up e road, 2 different location.

If not, if u hav friend gg in who hav a valid tng card, ask them try out ur card, or buy e dual purpose card here and ask ppl gg in to topup RM for u. JB a lot of place TnG card sold out.

Thanks bro for the clarification! Yes, I will have to ask around to ask for help...

went a few times when border open, no need VEP. Just need Touch&Go card and your passport can already

MySejahtera only required for certain malls i think, so far i went mid-valley mall don't need.

Same process going in as before covid, no change

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, teomingern said:

So invalid means cannot use? Bro bsswan in the MySejahtera thread said his never use for 3 years but he was able to use the card... see below... hopefully can use lor... cos got other report that the one-year activity limit seems to be lifted... sigh... don't mind someone can top up my new card for me...

If the card has been added to the touchNgo app then it won't expire. If after one year u try to add don't think it will still be valid unless there's a transaction done. Can always go to their website to check validity of the card. 

Just need to register an account: 
https://tngportal.touchngo.com.my/tngPortal/login

(edited)
5 hours ago, teomingern said:

Yup saw that post too... thanks for digging that up and post here... now looking for people to help me top up and activate the old cards if possible... seems like topping up the card will do...

The source of truth is whether can link to app, if can, you are safe. Doesn't matter whether card has been used for past year or not, or whether reached the expiry date stated.

Both my cards has not been used for 2 years, both expiry dates has not passed, yet can only link 1 of them to the app. So don't bother to figure why.

The invalid card can still top up, but still cannot be used.

Edited by badlammy

@supersen 

2 hours ago, badlammy said:

The source of truth is whether can link to app, if can, you are safe. Doesn't matter whether card has been used for past year or not, or whether reached the expiry date stated.

Both my cards has not been used for 2 years, both expiry dates has not passed, yet can only link 1 of them to the app. So don't bother to figure why.

6 hours ago, supersen said:

went a few times when border open, no need VEP. Just need Touch&Go card and your passport can already

MySejahtera only required for certain malls i think, so far i went mid-valley mall don't need.

if not register VEP yet still can go in?

17 hours ago, supersen said:

I was thinking of going in next weekend but the VEP application is has been "WIP" for 6 weeks with no response. They don't check VEP now? 

I really wanna drive into JB and can do more shopping and explore further places instead of taking the bus in and only go about the nearby places.

Malaysia VEP is a "white elephant" as for now,  many still using touch&Go to go through tolls and custom.

Ensure you have touch&Go is essential. Of course your passport have no expire. 

The immigration process still continue as usual like the usual before covid. 

Hypersonic
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Banz86 said:

I was thinking of going in next weekend but the VEP application is has been "WIP" for 6 weeks with no response. They don't check VEP now? 

I really wanna drive into JB and can do more shopping and explore further places instead of taking the bus in and only go about the nearby places.

Just drive in with a valid TnG card and passport and stop worrying so much. It’s Malaysia.

Singaporeans are too law abiding.

My friend has a invalid VEP and he has already drove in a couple of times.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Most important is got touch and go card this is valid. And your passport. That’s it, can enter Malaysia Liao. I didn’t register for VEP all these years lol 😆.  Just did 2 trips this month over both long weekends to kl / malacca without VEP registration. Don’t think they will enforce VEP so fast, probably will take many months or years before become mandatory. Who knows depending on whether their govt change again and roti prata on VEP policy 

Edited by Confusedboi
  • Praise 3

14 hours ago, badlammy said:

Yeah and my last experience was very bad trying to get refund on the invalid cards...

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Just drive in with a valid TnG card and passport and stop worrying so much. It’s Malaysia.

Singaporeans are too law abiding.

My friend has a invalid VEP and he has already drove in a couple of times.

That exactly is the issue... it isn't easy to get hold of a valid TnG card without going into Malaysia in the first place...

↡ Advertisement