Six trainee lawyers who cheated in 2020 Bar exam

Volvobrick

Supercharged

I agree with the second chance. 

But they should also be punished with a hefty fine. Lawyers must have higher standard. These newbies haven't make it already start to cheat. 

I hope they get a 2nd chance, and I want them as my lawyers in future if I ever need one. 

They have that "win at all cost" attitude of a good lawyer.  I can rest assurance they will help me win at all cost, which is the duty of an appointed lawyer. [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 10

Turbocharged
30 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/six-trainee-lawyers-cheated-in-2020-bar-exam-have-their-admissions-to-the-profession-delayed

They sure have a head start in their profession!

But despite cheating still given a second chance! Are cheaters in other professional/school exams similarly treated?

That's what our education system is churning out. Just do a search online and you'll find many offers to write your papers, write your report, or do homework for you. Education system needs a new way to assess students rather than rely on these traditional methods.

The judge asked some difficult questions, as mentioned in the article. There's probably no precedent as it says there's no disciplinary procedures for qualifying applicants.

• Praise 1

45 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I hope they get a 2nd chance, and I want them as my lawyers in future if I ever need one. 

They have that "win at all cost" attitude of a good lawyer.  I can rest assurance they will help me win at all cost, which is the duty of an appointed lawyer. [:p][laugh][laugh]

Just don't leave any money with them. Like this one:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/jeffrey-ong-lawyer-missing-33-million-arrested-charged-1321606?cid=internal_sharetool_androidphone_19042022_cna

Or this

https://wiki.sg/p/David_Rasif

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Tianmo said:

You see win at all costs... I see lazy, minimum effort, desperate, shady, risky  😁

• Haha! 2

7 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Yes give some slack ……. They learnt their lesson 

• Praise 2

This is problem with tight gatekeeping system to "limit" the number of lawyers into the system... when too many cmi then they have to bend rules to allow them back in... moronic system design to make lawyers money by gatekeeping numbers instead of allowing market to control demand/supply

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

hahaha. lawyer cannot just memorise one. they must win with wits.

Cheating is a form of wits. 😈

That's until you got caught lah. hahaha.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

These people should be banned from being lawyers not because they cheated but because they go caught.

We don't want stupid cheating lawyers.

We want smart cheating lawyers that never got caught.

:D

• Haha! 4

Why do people want to be lawyers?

To get justice?

No lah to get big bucks.

That why they cheat.

People that want justice wouldn't cheat.

Is this the kind of lawyers we want?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

I want also don't have these kind of monies to part lor. 

But I would love to have them draft all my contracts and go through other's contracts.  I believe they will act 100% in my interest, catch ppl telling to cheat me,  and try to cheat ppl.  That's their strength. 

I like!  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

Anyway good they can still be lawyers.

If banned them then what they going to do?

We don't want them as used car dealers.

Clock the car and when you take them to court they win.

• Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Karoon said:

You see win at all costs... I see lazy, minimum effort, desperate, shady, risky  😁

Screenshot_20220419-090812_Chrome.thumb.jpg.46886d54283883b89080d7e2cf03da13.jpg

Do this,  and tell us you were never,  not even once, lazy,  minimum effort,  desperate, shady and risky throughout your study life.  Primary school homework forget to do rush to school to copy,  spelling forget to study ask friends for help also count hor.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1