Car key fob battery

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator
15 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Don’t off engine too later cannot restart😅

oh. this one cannot. hahahahahaha. Later NEA catch BB.

Later she blame us leh.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
9 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

My lao pok chia no warning! Anytime I'll be locked out. I keep spare battery inside my wallet but no screwdriver. Maybe I need to keep screwdriver inside my bag too. In case got siaolang I can use for self-defence poke the eyeball.

Did a google image check on Swift. Seems like really don't have the warning.

I also do this as a precaution. I change my batt when it takes me a few clicks for the door to unlock. My logic is batt weak so signal weak. Then you don't have to keep a spare batt and screwdriver in your bag, though the screwdriver sounds useful to fend off unwanted attention.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Remember to ensure that you also have some cash inside your wallet as well. Sekali kena a robber who might use the screwdriver to rob the rest of you if he found out there're only screwdriver and spare battery inside your bag 😅

With more people carrying cash in virtual wallets than real physical cash, robbers also pai tan.

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
10 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

Did a google image check on Swift. Seems like really don't have the warning.

I also do this as a precaution. I change my batt when it takes me a few clicks for the door to unlock. My logic is batt weak so signal weak. Then you don't have to keep a spare batt and screwdriver in your bag, though the screwdriver sounds useful to fend off unwanted attention.

Yeap don't have. A good indicator is indeed like what you mentioned, intermittent no signal or weak signal. Will use the cheapo Maxell batteries that I already bought then change to better battery after that. But it seems like I'm not the only one with short battery life here.

2 hours ago, Kxbc said:

With more people carrying cash in virtual wallets than real physical cash, robbers also pai tan.

New age robbers print out QR quote.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

I think Life of the Battery depends on when you Lock or Unlock your Car,do you use the Buttons on the Key Fob or just touch the Car's Handle...?I mostly used Car Handle to Open or Lock the Car...3 Years still doing fine.

Supercharged
1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

I think Life of the Battery depends on when you Lock or Unlock your Car,do you use the Buttons on the Key Fob or just touch the Car's Handle...?I mostly used Car Handle to Open or Lock the Car...3 Years still doing fine.

recently I learnt that those keyless key fob has a built in motion sensor inside

the key fob will go into power saving sleep mode if it is left undisturbed i.e. on a table / in a drawer

as soon as it senses motion, it will wake up and starting to ping signals

in other words, if you keep it in your pocket and walk around all day

the battery will have a shorter life

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Folks, my car doesn't respond to my key fob recently.

I thought the fob battery was flat so I change the battery.  It doesn't work.

And I tried using the spare fob, the car doesn't respond to the spare fob too.

Is there any electronic part on the car which I need to check?  The car battery is new, so it shouldn't be this problem.

On 4/9/2023 at 11:46 AM, Albeniz said:

Folks, my car doesn't respond to my key fob recently.

I thought the fob battery was flat so I change the battery.  It doesn't work.

And I tried using the spare fob, the car doesn't respond to the spare fob too.

Is there any electronic part on the car which I need to check?  The car battery is new, so it shouldn't be this problem.

Check the fuse...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1