2023 Lexus RZ 450e

Carbon82

Rumored to be fully unveiled (online) tomorrow. Basically, this RZ is a distance cousin of Toyota bZ4X and Subaru Sorella Solterra, sharing the same e-TNGA electric vehicle platform.

lexus-rz-450e-three-quarters.jpg

2022-lexus-rz-450e-exterior-side-view.jp

2022-lexus-rz-450e-exterior-rear-side-vi

lexus-rz-450e-front-end.jpg

lexus-rz-new-teaser.webp

lexus-rz-450e-dashboard.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11

2023 Lexus RZ450e Revealed as a Racier, Ritzier Toyota bZ4X

Lexus finally offers its U.S. clientele an EV, and the RZ promises an upscale cabin, around 300 hp, and an estimated 225 miles of range.

2023-lexus-rz-front-three-quarters-motio

2023-lexus-rz-rear-three-quarters-motion

2023-lexus-rz-rear-three-quarters-motion

2023-lexus-rz-profile-motion-1650420645.

2023-lexus-rz-badge-1650420637.jpg?crop=

2023-lexus-rz-dashboard-1650420643.jpg?c

@Lethalstrike you are spot on, it come with normal steering wheel and the yoke steering wheel will likely be a cost option. :D

2023-lexus-rz-front-interior-1650420638.

As with the bZ4X, the RZ450e rides on the e-TNGA platform that Toyota co-developed with Subaru. Lexus calls its dual-electric-motor, all-wheel-drive powertrain Direct4. The motor up front is rated at 201 horsepower and the one in the rear is rated at 107 horses, so we expect their combined output to be about 300 horses. That's considerably more powerful than the 214-hp bZ4X.

Another component the electrified Lexus and Toyota share is a battery pack. The RZ450e's battery has approximately 65.0-kWh of useable capacity, which Lexus estimates will earn about 225 miles of range per charge. The company hasn't yet released details about peak charging rate or estimated charging time.

Inside, the RZ450e looks like it caters to a more affluent clientele than its Toyota cousin. The cabin is said to be styled with simplicity in mind and is lined with upscale materials. While Lexus has confirmed that the RZ450e will be offered with a yoke-style steering wheel, these photos only show the standard, circular wheel. A 14.0-inch touchscreen controls the infotainment system, which has the same new software we've seen on the Lexus NX and LX models.

The RZ450e also comes standard with a panoramic sunroof that includes a dimming function and a host of driver-assistance technology, such as adaptive cruise control and lane-keeping assist. Among its more desirable options are a head-up display as well as a feature that allows drivers to remotely parallel park the vehicle.

• Praise 5

2 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

@Carbon82 I think Toyota knows not every Lexus driver wants to feel like they are flying a Cessna while trying to parallel park. 

image.thumb.png.71435a9ef5e49f976a4cbdaf3e322850.png

😝

Auto park is the best

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Auto park is the best

Speaking of auto parking feature, I've only use it a few times in my car just for kicks. After that never use at all, simply because the guy waiting behind will horn me to hell if I depend on auto park to do its thing. Its faster I do it myself 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Speaking of auto parking feature, I've only use it a few times in my car just for kicks. After that never use at all, simply because the guy waiting behind will horn me to hell if I depend on auto park to do its thing. Its faster I do it myself 😁

Jump out of your car and tell the guy be patient 

🤭

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Jump out of your car and tell the guy be patient 

🤭

Cannot lah, my car still not that smart.

It still prompts the driver to push the gear lever between R and D while its manoeuvring into the lot.  😁

• Haha! 2

8 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Cannot lah, my car still not that smart.

It still prompts the driver to push the gear lever between R and D while its manoeuvring into the lot.  😁

Need to upgrade to LEXUS RZe🤭

• Haha! 2

Supercharged

Most US folks are not happy with the "small" battery of the BZ4X & RZ - 71kwh only.

Most of the competition have something near 80.

On 4/21/2022 at 6:09 AM, Lethalstrike said:

@Carbon82 I think Toyota knows not every Lexus driver wants to feel like they are flying a Cessna while trying to parallel park. 

image.thumb.png.71435a9ef5e49f976a4cbdaf3e322850.png

😝

I see yoke steering wheel as a safety hazard, simply because of human mental model. It will take time for all drivers to get use to the smaller and odd shape steering. In event of an emergency, the risk of missing the gripe is for real, at least for newbies. 

On 4/21/2022 at 8:51 AM, Lethalstrike said:

I owned 2 cars with auto parking in the past 10 years, and I don't even used it once (except testing it out when collecting my car). I can park my car properly in less than half the time taken by the system. 

Even the autonomous parking in the new Ioniq 5 took close to 3 minutes to complete a vertical parking (based on YouTube video). The only difference is that the driver can come out of the car to haolian that his/her car can auto park without having the driver in the driver seat. :D

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

26 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I see yoke steering wheel as a safety hazard, simply because of human mental model. It will take time for all drivers to get use to the smaller and odd shape steering. In event of an emergency, the risk of missing the gripe is for real, at least for newbies. 

You are absolutely right on yoke steering wheel, it's not practical when you lose the top half of the steering wheel. 

People argue F1 steering wheels also yoke style what. I questioned them do the road cars we own do a full lock with only half a turn of the steering wheel, ala a F1 car? 😆

• Praise 1

6th Gear
On 1/2/2024 at 12:26 PM, Jamesc said:

image.thumb.png.7b041e73ad89237c35646ee4cd0f58f8.png

image.thumb.png.533c73c99919d6b4077a7e970af7444d.pngimage.thumb.png.533c73c99919d6b4077a7e970af7444d.png

image.thumb.png.f98d27ec89a50965208b56de8c65c0bb.png

Why steal ppl photo de....😁

↡ Advertisement