Why Electric Cars Won't Save Us

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Very insightful video, all eyes on you gahmen. We want a better public transport to make us more green!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Internal Moderator
4 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Very insightful video, all eyes on you gahmen. We want a better public transport to make us more green!

Sell your car away first then talk about going greener.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 9

Turbocharged

The WFH model does help in reducing emission and over consumption of raw materials in the production of any vehicle.

If I can really WFH 4 out of 5 days, I will seriously consider selling my car as it will be quite underused. But where I live, I am not that well connected to hawker centres.

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

To tackle the problem, we need to go direct to the root cause which is humans. go figure. 

Yes. Reduce human population and educate the next generation. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
9 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

Yes. Reduce human population and educate the next generation. 

Yeah. Thanos snap is most effective. Everything else is just kaki Kong kaki song! 🤣

1 minute ago, Mkl22 said:

Yeah. Thanos snap is most effective. Everything else is just kaki Kong kaki song! 🤣

I think we are doing it now because we have lowest birth rates and aging population. 😁 

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Inlinefour said:

Bus 

Mrt

Walk 

is the greenest 👍👍👍

Very doable if we encase the island in a gigantic dome and aircon the whole place. Also easier to disinfect when next pandemic strikes. 

unless the EV is power by really green energy...  then it will helps...

if the electricity comes from burning fuels... what help it will give

i foresee earth may not last for another 200 years given the pollution humans are creating...

we are only slowing down the pollution.. not fully cut away....

Internal Moderator
4 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Sell your car away first then talk about going greener.

I don't wanna diminish the world with cobalt lah. I go old school. I take fossil fuel. hahaha. Either way we are killing mother earth. hahaha.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
6 hours ago, Kxbc said:

The WFH model does help in reducing emission and over consumption of raw materials in the production of any vehicle.

If I can really WFH 4 out of 5 days, I will seriously consider selling my car as it will be quite underused. But where I live, I am not that well connected to hawker centres.

Ahemmm.....maybe u need to move out of Nassim Rd

• Haha! 3

Supercharged

Govt's target state is 10min walk to nearest train station from anywhere on the island. I don't see that yet. 

Car ownership is not about convenience, it is about affluence.  If one has lots of money, he will still want to drive rather than take the MRT or bus beside his home.

• Praise 1

How can EV save us?  It is easier to not eat beef and drink milk that to give up driving and flying.

Based on studies, assuming long term usage, EV should be better than ICE vehicles for the environment.

• Haha! 1

Supercharged

Cpt. Kirk already showed us the future of transportation....beam up, beam down. Beam from point A to point B.  In his world, there's neither need for car, bus, nor train.  :grin: Alas we're not there yet....

• Haha! 1

On 4/20/2022 at 10:10 AM, Mkl22 said:

The snap in reality (cv19) took away less than 1% of the human population ?.. 

↡ Advertisement