Jacinda Ardern: New Zealand's people-person PM

Fitvip

From the ST. today A14/15

I feel like hugging her.

She talks about partnering Singapore, Covid-19 experience, geopolitics, leadership

image.png.acbef410d6321bcb96f8d1e219210a3a.png

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/jacinda-ardern-new-zealands-people-person-pm

Her quotes: "Twenty per cent of our exports go via Singapore and 25 per cent of our imports come from there. In the midst of Covid, it was Singapore that we worked through to arrange the flow of equipment and medical devices for New Zealand...It was Singapore airlines that brought in one of the earliest shipments of vaccines for New Zealand. It's an incredibly important relationship for us, so why not Singapore?" on why Singapore was the first country she chose to visit as the pandemic eases.

"If we as leaders cannot see or feel what it is to walk in others' shoes how do we demonstrate the empathy that we need to make policies that improve people's lives." 

I especially like the second quote, which I have not heard of before.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 19

28 minutes ago, Kopites said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-newzealand-idUSKBN22T04H

Last year news. See how people-person this PM. She waited and got turn away because restaurant was full. No entourage. 😁

"The PM says she just waits like everyone else,” the public Television New Zealand cited Ardern’s press service as saying.

Yes. I have read about it. She gets my full respect.👍

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Got queue and got queue up...😁

image15.jpg

Sg is not that safe lor, at least from his perspective.😪

• Praise 1

She's indeed a good leader who understands what being grateful is about and demonstrate how to reciprocate that in action. 

Makes me proud that Singapore extended help to them in their times of need, not once but when we can. 

Its because we are there for them, when they are now well, they chose to say thank you in this way. 

Warms the cockles of my heart that we are good friends to one another, not just in words and more importantly, in deeds. 👍

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

• Praise 15

1 hour ago, PSP415 said:

She's indeed a good leader who understands what being grateful is about and demonstrate how to reciprocate that in action. 

Makes me proud that Singapore extended help to them in their times of need, not once but when we can. 

Its because we are there for them, when they are now well, they chose to say thank you in this way. 

Warms the cockles of my heart that we are good friends to one another, not just in words and more importantly, in deeds. 👍

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

During the Christchurch earthquake a few years ago, our SAF which was in NZ also very fast swing into help for them.

• Praise 8

2 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

Can swap Liang PoPo with her :XD:

She is younger than Liang PoPo, the runway will definitely longer for her.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Tohto said:

She is younger than Liang PoPo, the runway will definitely longer for her.

ermmmm…not ready for ah neh maybe angmo ok

• Haha! 1

Those who have lived long enough will remember our people's president, Mr Ong Teng Cheong.

There were just too many things that he had done for me to list here, which warmed the hearts of many then, from how he sanctioned the labour strike that invited the ire of many ministers, to the questioning of reserves.. 

Quoted online:

"Before his death in February 2002 at the age of 66 from lymphoma, he had asked to be cremated and for his ashes to be placed at Mandai Columbarium with those of ordinary citizens instead of Kranji State Cemetery, where late dignitaries are usually buried."

He was also once quoted:

"Some people still ask whether my long previous association with the PAP will stop me from acting independently. The answer is 'no'. My loyalty is first and foremost to the people of Singapore. It has always been so and it will always remain so."

He may be long gone but his contributions remain vivid in many of us today.

• Praise 12

3 hours ago, Fitvip said:

From the ST. today A14/15

I feel like hugging her.

She talks about partnering Singapore, Covid-19 experience, geopolitics, leadership

image.png.acbef410d6321bcb96f8d1e219210a3a.png

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/jacinda-ardern-new-zealands-people-person-pm

Her quotes: "Twenty per cent of our exports go via Singapore and 25 per cent of our imports come from there. In the midst of Covid, it was Singapore that we worked through to arrange the flow of equipment and medical devices for New Zealand...It was Singapore airlines that brought in one of the earliest shipments of vaccines for New Zealand. It's an incredibly important relationship for us, so why not Singapore?" on why Singapore was the first country she chose to visit as the pandemic eases.

"If we as leaders cannot see or feel what it is to walk in others' shoes how do we demonstrate the empathy that we need to make policies that improve people's lives." 

I especially like the second quote, which I have not heard of before.

Got group hug session or not? Mai boh jio.

Is Finland's PM coming to sg too? I also want to give her a hug.

Prime_Minister_of_Finland_Sanna_Marin_20

Edited by Watwheels
  • Haha! 8

15 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Got group hug session or not? Mai boh jio.

Is Finland's PM coming to sg too? I also want to give her a hug.

Prime_Minister_of_Finland_Sanna_Marin_20

Merkel coming, u want hug her?

• Haha! 7

2 hours ago, Invigorated said:

Those who have lived long enough will remember our people's president, Mr Ong Teng Cheong.

There were just too many things that he had done for me to list here, which warmed the hearts of many then, from how he sanctioned the labour strike that invited the ire of many ministers, to the questioning of reserves.. 

Quoted online:

"Before his death in February 2002 at the age of 66 from lymphoma, he had asked to be cremated and for his ashes to be placed at Mandai Columbarium with those of ordinary citizens instead of Kranji State Cemetery, where late dignitaries are usually buried."

He was also once quoted:

"Some people still ask whether my long previous association with the PAP will stop me from acting independently. The answer is 'no'. My loyalty is first and foremost to the people of Singapore. It has always been so and it will always remain so."

He may be long gone but his contributions remain vivid in many of us today.

He is OUR President. More than 20 years have passed, people still talk about him. People still post in memory of him on his anniversaries.🙏🙏🙏

• Praise 5

(edited)
24 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

I remember Shears oso.. everyday to work i use his bridge 🤣

Yes, he was a low profile guy who continued with his professional work. I was told that there was once his official car failed to perform,  he hitched a patrol car ride to his work place.😄

Edited by Fitvip
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1