To buy New Octavia 1.5 Sedan-Mild hybrid car or to buy New Audi 1.5 A3 sedan-Mild hybrid car

Totota

Which would you guys go for if any bros out here got the same requirements like uncle me below :

Will buy only these 2 conti cars A3 or Octavia ( both lasting look ) - both almost got the same spec but both price gap quite a bit away 

Been driving Jap cars for past 2 decades 
M a Family man no need dashing power just smooth good pickup speed when needed when there’s 4 Adults in my car 🤗

Need space for the bicycles 😛 maybe dashing in driving in to JB for groceries 🤭

Been observing on 1 popular Korean model to 1 v.popular Jap hot model but both look can’t lasts long and will 

sick of it after a while especially t Korean one 😝 ( gonna drive next 10 yrs so must get something

More lasting )

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

What’s the price difference? I would assume the Audi is more expensive. are there any features that will make you willing to pay more for the Audi. Essentially they are identical. I cannot remember if the rear suspension is the same or not. I thought I remembered that the Audi has multi link whereas the Skoda has a beam. 
there is a YouTube video comparing the Skoda, golf and A3. 
if you are used to the relatively problem free of a toyota. For sure the Skoda and audi will visit the workshop more often. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 5

44 minutes ago, Totota said:

Which would you guys go for if any bros out here got the same requirements like uncle me below :

Will buy only these 2 conti cars A3 or Octavia ( both lasting look ) - both almost got the same spec but both price gap quite a bit away 

M a Family man no need dashing power just smooth good pickup speed when needed when there’s 4 Adults in my car 🤗

Been observing on 1 popular Korean model to 1 v.popular Jap hot model but both look can’t lasts long and will 

sick of it after a while especially t Korean one 😝 ( gonna drive next 10 yrs so must get something

More lasting )

Based on your above requirements, just get the Kodiaq as current promo price looks good..

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Totota said:

More lasting )

Both won't Buy,no Confident to VW's Products for Long Term use,stick to Toyota Hybrid if you want to save Fuel....& lasts for 10 Years.

Edited by ER-3682
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

If you need space for bicycles, definitely Octavia. The lift back function will makes storing them a breeze. The disadvantage of skoda cars is that they are seen as less prestigious compared to Audi and resale value is not there. Interior quality wise Audi still better for sure. 

Both models won't provide you the space for bicycles and massive grocery buy.. With that budget, think can get Jap or Korea cars which are more generous in boot space. 

Will buy neither, especially not now when COE is so high. 

But if a gun was put to my head I’d take the Skoda if I was intending to drive 10 years and A3 if I was intending to drive 3-5 years then roll my loan forward. 

One is entry level of a upmarket brand and one is the mid-range of a budget brand. 

Neither is atas to justify choosing it over other options on the market, COE notwithstanding 

• Praise 5

33 minutes ago, Optramagnum said:

Both models won't provide you the space for bicycles and massive grocery buy.. With that budget, think can get Jap or Korea cars which are more generous in boot space. 

Have u even seen the Octavia boot space? It's bigger than a camry btw

To TS: If not brand conscious, then take skoda since it's basically audi tech + engine without the brand.

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 4

53 minutes ago, Optramagnum said:

have u seen a boot larger than 600l at that price point?

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, Totota said:

More lasting )

@Totota 

Just go for the Octavia. Octavia is around 40k cheaper than A3. 

The size and boot of Octavia is also much bigger than A3. The Octavia boot is so big that it can easily put in 3 dead body. 

And Skoda is well known for their reliability. Just walk into Skoda showroom and the honest SE will tell you Skoda is one of the most reliable car on Earth. 

And the honest SE will also tell you now is the best time to buy Skoda. Don't wait any further and just proceed to book a new Skoda Octavia. 

• Haha! 7

mmmmm so many bro try to help.. got a feeling at the end will be a jap car...

Happened too many times liao! whahahahhahahahha..

• Haha! 5

49 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Will buy neither, especially not now when COE is so high. 

But if a gun was put to my head I’d take the Skoda if I was intending to drive 10 years and A3 if I was intending to drive 3-5 years then roll my loan forward. 

One is entry level of a upmarket brand and one is the mid-range of a budget brand. 

Neither is atas to justify choosing it over other options on the market, COE notwithstanding 

Just wonder if these 2 VW Products..can last 10 years with little repairs like Japanese Cars.?

Since MyCarForum now Owned by Toyota..TS should know this Forum support Toyota...He should go to Skoda or Audi Facebook..to get more Info.

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Totota said:

More lasting )

Since u oredi thinking of A3 I assume it's within ur budget n now looking to see if u can save a few dollars by buying the octavia instead 

My advice is to just go for the A3. Otherwise after the new car smell wears off, you'll be asking yourself why didn't u go for it since u could afford it, everytime u pass one 

If affordability is the issue here then you've answered ur own question 

↡ Advertisement