To buy New Octavia 1.5 Sedan-Mild hybrid car or to buy New Audi 1.5 A3 sedan-Mild hybrid car

Totota

12 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Thailand also loves hilux good for farmer

but still toyota more in demand as they can strip the car and sell parts to malaysian cars

Msia has a lot of imported used parts from Japan.

Unless used car part seller is car theft syndicate.

There are 4.5k car stolen in Msia in 2019.  Maybe most of it is Singaporean car

https://paultan.org/2021/04/07/vehicle-thefts-in-malaysia-down-by-37-in-2020-7400-cases-reported-last-year-compared-to-11675-in-2019/2020-vrtec-vehicle-theft/

🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Msia has a lot of imported used parts from Japan.

Unless used car part seller is car theft syndicate.

There are 4.5k car stolen in Msia in 2019.  Maybe most of it is Singaporean car

https://paultan.org/2021/04/07/vehicle-thefts-in-malaysia-down-by-37-in-2020-7400-cases-reported-last-year-compared-to-11675-in-2019/2020-vrtec-vehicle-theft/

🤣

Yah last time drive harrier go malaysia so scared

now with skoda, think the car thief scared of me🤪

• Haha! 1

Actually badge wise Audi and Skoda not that big difference lah. Unless you comparing against Mercedes or BMW, there is no need to worry about badge difference. The resale for Audi also not that great if you go sgcarmart to compare.

What TS should do is to go check out the shortlisted cars and do test drive to get something he like. Octavia boot space is huge but will not be able to swllaow a bicycle unless you remove the front wheel or lower the back seats, so better consider a external bike rack if need to transport bicycles. Passenger space and boot space wise, Octavia win A3 by a big margin. And the 1.5L engine is a new one without the previous dry clutch issue, and should be same one between the 2 cars. 

If I were TS, I would get a 1 .5 to 2 year old used Superb with much better space at much lower cost. Can go sgcarmart to check out.

• Praise 6

Supercharged
2 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Actually badge wise Audi and Skoda not that big difference lah. Unless you comparing against Mercedes or BMW, there is no need to worry about badge difference. The resale for Audi also not that great if you go sgcarmart to compare.

What TS should do is to go check out the shortlisted cars and do test drive to get something he like. Octavia boot space is huge but will not be able to swllaow a bicycle unless you remove the front wheel or lower the back seats, so better consider a external bike rack if need to transport bicycles. Passenger space and boot space wise, Octavia win A3 by a big margin. And the 1.5L engine is a new one without the previous dry clutch issue, and should be same one between the 2 cars. 

If I were TS, I would get a 1 .5 to 2 year old used Superb with much better space at much lower cost. Can go sgcarmart to check out.

Ever since you changed to Superb, everytime see you help to promote. Haha. 

• Haha! 6

20 hours ago, Totota said:

Which would you guys go for if any bros out here got the same requirements like uncle me below :

Will buy only these 2 conti cars A3 or Octavia ( both lasting look ) - both almost got the same spec but both price gap quite a bit away 

Been driving Jap cars for past 2 decades 
M a Family man no need dashing power just smooth good pickup speed when needed when there’s 4 Adults in my car 🤗

Need space for the bicycles 😛 maybe dashing in driving in to JB for groceries 🤭

Been observing on 1 popular Korean model to 1 v.popular Jap hot model but both look can’t lasts long and will 

sick of it after a while especially t Korean one 😝 ( gonna drive next 10 yrs so must get something

More lasting )

If you need to put in bicycles then Octavia is better and more convenient since it is liftback.

• Praise 1

Based on TS requirements, I will recommend Octavia Combi. Slightly more exp than Octavia, but still cheaper than A3.

1. Big boot space able to take in foldies comfortably
  2. endearing looks that can last 10 years (at least to me I have always have a soft spot for combi)

I've personally driven a VW for more 15 years and when my current CC expire in 2 years time, I will most likely get the superb or Octavia combi, unless can find a very affordable arteon then haha. 

• Praise 5

27 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

A fren of mine puts 2 bikes into his VRS without removing any wheels IIRC.

• Praise 2

Life is too short to ponder whether another Toyata would be the best choice. 

I walked out  of the showroom in 3 mins when viewing a Harrier. Wasted fuel and time that but at least I justified my choice. 

To each his own. 

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Daniu82 said:

previously it was Mercedes B-class, then fell out of love and new lover come into the picture, which is a Honda Stepwagon. then after 2years or so of a whirlwind romance of everything so good about it.  Now sian liao, and found an excuse of not feeling safe, so must dump her. New Skoda Superb as new lover, shower with even more love, best lover ever.....

hahahah🤣

• Haha! 9

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

previously it was Mercedes B-class, then fell out of love and new lover come into the picture, which is a Honda Stepwagon. then after 2years or so of a whirlwind romance of everything so good about it.  Now sian liao, and found an excuse of not feeling safe, so must dump her. New Skoda Superb as new lover, shower with even more love, best lover ever.....

hahahah🤣

Lol....

TS is obviously tired of eating sushi for 20 yrs n now looking at trying sauerkraut whether orig recipe from ingolstadt one or a cheaper EU version

But what's likely gonna happen is take one bite n will run back to eating sushi for another 10 yrs....

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Life is too short to ponder whether another Toyata would be the best choice. 

I walked out  of the showroom in 3 mins when viewing a Harrier. Wasted fuel and time that but at least I justified my choice. 

To each his own. 

Hahaha.....believe it or not I actually test drove the Camry Hybrid. Coz some reviews say it sibei good mah

Now I hv better sympathy towards PHV drivers

So not totally wasted time and petrol

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
21 minutes ago, Soya said:

Lol....

TS is obviously tired of eating sushi for 20 yrs n now looking at trying sauerkraut whether orig recipe from ingolstadt one or a cheaper EU version

But what's likely gonna happen is take one bite n will run back to eating sushi for another 10 yrs....

😁 who knows?

Edited by Mkl22

Turbocharged

paraphrasing from tvb drama, how many decades do you have in your life.

try something new, else it will be just another decade of the same old.

And if it gets too tiresome/bothersome, you can always change back.

and in terms of space, that's the main selling point for skoda.

Edited by Etnt
  • Praise 5

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

hahahah🤣

You sequence of events is correct, but not feelings.

I still feel for my Steppie despite its AEB not performing to my expectation, as it is so much more functional and with so much space. Heck even the Superb is also not so good in this AEB aspect but it is a winner when come to power delivery and driving comfort. Think only my previous B class I feel safe about its AEB performance that it will save my day when need to. 

To me every car is different. I just feel blessed that I am able to own my past rides as they were bought with different considerations and all turned out well. Frankly how to end up with bad rides in this time and age if you getting the newer ones?

Superb you may observe I am relatively quiet about it haha. It is a very good car but not something up my alley to my frank. I still prefer something like Stepwagon or the triplets. Maybe itchy backside will change again if got opportunity.

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

Where got everytime, maybe in the beginning but not recently. Think a few mcfers here promoting it much more than me. Still enjoying it definitely as it is a good car after all.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Genes said:

A fren of mine puts 2 bikes into his VRS without removing any wheels IIRC.

I have ever put 4 x 16" stock wheels with tyres in the Octavia liftback boot without folding the rear seats.

If TS constantly needs more space than that, go get a proper pickup truck.

Edited by badlammy
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, badlammy said:

I have ever put 4 x 16" stock wheels with tyres in the Octavia liftback boot without folding the rear seats.

If TS constantly needs more space than that, go get a proper pickup truck.

Superb boot can fit 3 foldie easily

so i believe octavia can too

but if want full size bike then even estima also need to fold middle seat

@Etnt How many 5 or 10 years more do i have ? Tks for the enlightenment :)))

Obviously I will go for Octavia. No more sushi Tei for me please. Saw a few on the road but not many 😄 Kind of head turning for me vs new A3 . now question is is what colour 💕 ( black white or red ) ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1