To buy New Octavia 1.5 Sedan-Mild hybrid car or to buy New Audi 1.5 A3 sedan-Mild hybrid car

Totota

18 minutes ago, Rskc said:

I would say just buy the car that puts a smile on your face when you walk towards it EVERY morning.

Been through this journey and it was a waste of money when the head ruled over the heart. 🤣 Let the heart rule.

That smile will be wiped off by the idiots driving in front/rear/left/right of you once you drive off. I won't even say drive off the carpark. Just off the parking lot.  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Soya said:

Conti is never the value proposition from a space per dollar angle

If want space, cheap n non-badge, plenty of kimchi, thai,  choices that easily satisfies the head but not the heart

And of late, even the frenchies getting into the value game w the C4 1.2

Actually it really depends which conti we are talking about 

if you talk about BBA then yes its not value for money as its seen as luxury brand. Hence depreciates more than jap

but maybe for cars like skoda, vw etc, they are priced similar to toyota and honda. Space wise for skoda its known as lwb version of vw. Hence doesnt lose to jap and even bigger boot

talking about depre, people say jap car hold value well. Really? My prev harrier depre bleed like crazy and not so easy to sell. Used car dealer still lowball your car as if u r driving opel or skoda. Looking at my current superb, its priced similarly in used car as camry hybrid for same age. Even our member here carbon82 mentioned that his skoda superb gen 2 fetch better price compared to camry after driving few years as camry depreciate more than superb. 

talking about maintenance, most conti offers 3-5yrs free svc and 5 yrs warranty so if u looking for value cost first 3- 5 yrs is zero cost only pay road tax and petrol for me. 

the conti might be more costly after warranty over, but if u source ur own parts and repair outside workshop, then there will be some saving. 

if one worry about repair cost then can consider buy new conti and sell before warranty expires. Afterall car like new skoda cost about the same as toyota or even cheaper.

Look at octavia now cheaper than altis, why buy altis when u can get more power, better fc, more spacious, bigger boot, more refined, better drive, better build and better look too. The $10k-20k diff mean altis has higher depre. So is it really worth to buy jap cars? i still don’t get it if people still buy altis over octavia. Toyota isn’t prestigious as merc, why die die buy toyota? Go up north, ur toyota more likely kena stolen as compared to ur skoda🤪

• Praise 8
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Hmmm..then you need to test my Camry Hybrid.

I test drove new camry hybrid, still feel slow to me. But aircon super cold. I am Impressed with camry aircon. But i also find the lowest fan speed 1 is like my skoda fan speed 2 or 3. Night time or rainy days i think cannot tahan😬

• Haha! 2

8 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Funny right ppl ask audi a3 or skoda octavia

then answer all come out diff one

he ask which one better one

not your own fav brands models to suggest. Pick one between two🤣

Kekeke. Okok, just to be very clear to TS. I think you know your preference between the 2. Others or my opinion here are secondary.

Just do it!! 😊

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

Why not a Lexus? Top up a bit after all is a Toyota correct? 😂 

Top end Camry is still better than low end ES

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
18 hours ago, Totota said:

Which would you guys go for if any bros out here got the same requirements like uncle me below :

Will buy only these 2 conti cars A3 or Octavia ( both lasting look ) - both almost got the same spec but both price gap quite a bit away 

Been driving Jap cars for past 2 decades 
M a Family man no need dashing power just smooth good pickup speed when needed when there’s 4 Adults in my car 🤗

Need space for the bicycles 😛 maybe dashing in driving in to JB for groceries 🤭

Been observing on 1 popular Korean model to 1 v.popular Jap hot model but both look can’t lasts long and will 

sick of it after a while especially t Korean one 😝 ( gonna drive next 10 yrs so must get something

More lasting )

Boss. you wanna change your nick? hahaha. Your nick still toyota leh.

Wanna try a prius? 😂

• Haha! 4

Twincharged
8 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Go up north, ur toyota more likely kena stolen as compared to ur skoda🤪

your last sentence hits the nail on the head. worldwide toyota still in demand, thus the thieves will steal.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 minute ago, Mkl22 said:

your last sentence hits the nail on the head. worldwide toyota still in demand, thus the thieves will steal.

Up north, ppl rather steel Hilux than Camry.

There is a ready market for Hilux.

Twincharged
2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Up north, ppl rather steel Hilux than Camry.

There is a ready market for Hilux.

Send hilux to Ukraine as a technical? 🤣 

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Send hilux to Ukraine as a technical? 🤣 

South Africa

Cambodia

Most of these cars could be exported from PSA Harbour.

44 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Top end Camry is still better than low end ES

Not to mention Toyota Crown or Century which can go toe to toe with its counterpart in the Lexus lineup.

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

South Africa

Cambodia

Most of these cars could be exported from PSA Harbour.

Thailand also loves hilux good for farmer

but still toyota more in demand as they can strip the car and sell parts to malaysian cars

Supercharged

My humble opinion is to see how much is the price difference. If you can stomach the difference and the monthly instalment, then get Audi lor. But since you need the space then Skoda is the choice and somemore cheaper. I am also driving a Skoda. I don't think Skoda will lose Audi too much unless you are talking about the badge issue. 

• Praise 4

15 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

If in malaysia or indo, i will buy toyota because other brands no resale value and too rare

but sg quite alot range of car brand and not scared lose much resale value 

• Praise 2

53 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

Why not a Lexus? Top up a bit after all is a Toyota correct? 😂 

Having driven toyota, lexus, audi, bmw, merc, skoda

i can say skoda most VFM. Lexus is nicer toyota but the price diff is not worth it and log card still says urs is toyota

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1