Ez-link touch n go motoring card at Esso

Xtrah

Pls note that the EZ Link Touch N Go combo card CANNOT be topped up via RFID in the latest TNG mobile app.

Only the new RFID-enabled TNG card can be topped up that way. So must continue to top up the combo card in Msia thru petrol stations or 7/11 outlets.

• Praise 4

Supersonic
12 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

Pls note that the EZ Link Touch N Go combo card CANNOT be topped up via RFID in the latest TNG mobile app.

Only the new RFID-enabled TNG card can be topped up that way. So must continue to top up the combo card in Msia thru petrol stations or 7/11 outlets.

In other words.....useless

• Haha! 2

20 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

That's alright with many to be honest...not going to provide or entrust them with my credit card details.

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

Huh? How can it be? I top up my erp/ezlink card(new type but not the TnG) using the ezlink app. It uses RFID, as in I have to position the card at the top of my hp when I am top up using the ezlink app.

If TNG mobile app is using RFID why cant it work?

20 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Huh? How can it be? I top up my erp/ezlink card(new type but not the TnG) using the ezlink app. It uses RFID, as in I have to position the card at the top of my hp when I am top up using the ezlink app.

If TNG mobile app is using RFID why cant it work?

Exactly! You made a good point - the combo card is already RFID-enabled and Ezlink purse can be topped up that way. There's probably two reasons for this -

1. The RFID can only be used for Ezlink. Some technical constraints/conflict does not allow TNG purse to be topped up that way. Much like how u cannot top up the combo card at the GTM machines at MRT station coz of some conflict with TNG side.  
  2. TNG company is too lazy to implement support for the TNG EZ Link combo card in their app
  • Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

Exactly! You made a good point - the combo card is already RFID-enabled and Ezlink purse can be topped up that way. There's probably two reasons for this -

1. The RFID can only be used for Ezlink. Some technical constraints/conflict does not allow TNG purse to be topped up that way. Much like how u cannot top up the combo card at the GTM machines at MRT station coz of some conflict with TNG side.  
  2. TNG company is too lazy to implement support for the TNG EZ Link combo card in their app

That’s because TnG launched NFT card

Internal Moderator
On 4/26/2022 at 10:54 PM, Xtrah said:

Screenshot_20220426-225256_Facebook.jpg

OKay. then i go esso can top up ringgit?

Esso idea. no fast charger for EV cars, but got TNG for motorist who wanna go malaysia. hahahahha

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

OKay. then i go esso can top up ringgit?

Esso idea. no fast charger for EV cars, but got TNG for motorist who wanna go malaysia. hahahahha

Nope, due to regulatory issues, you can’t top up the Malaysian wallet (TNG) in Singapore and you can’t top up the Singapore wallet (EZ Link) in Malaysia.

https://www.ezlink.com.sg/ez-link-faqs/ezl-tng-motoring-card/#ez-link-card-9

Edited by Unltd
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1