Inflation coming to hit us hard.

Watwheels

Supersonic
(edited)
17 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Big pau cost $1.80 at my neighbourhood coffee shop now. Used to be $1.50.

Inflation…Wham Bam G’bye Mdm!

My wife did shared with me last week of her embarrassment at a nearby coffee shop.

She ordered a big pao from the coffee shop stall. When they passed her the pao she kept insisting to them she wanted a big pao not roast pork pao. They told her this is the one.  To and fro for good a few seconds before she came to her senses. 

I laughed 🤣🤣🤣🤣 silly women. 

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 6

7 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Most kids are ferried to school nowadays.

With that kind of mindset, why would they take BUS/MRT?

I started taking bus myself during upper pri sch days 6-7am and still remember the ride was filled with noisy mix of pri and sec sch kids commuting by themselves without parents. I'm guessing with encouragement to attend nearby schs and chauffeur parents, the morning public transport scene must be very different now.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Just now, Jellandross said:

I started taking bus myself during upper pri sch days 6-7am and still remember the ride was filled with noisy mix of pri and sec sch kids commuting by themselves without parents. I'm guessing with encouragement to attend nearby schs and chauffeur parents, the morning public transport scene must be very different now.

2 of my cycling route has a long q of cars in the morning (7+ am).

1. Dunearn Road (in front of Nanyang Girl);

2. Orchard Road (from Plaza Sin to SOTA).

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Etnt said:

I meant at tertiary/just enter job market period, which i assume is what @Jellandrosssaying. But even then I do see new hires being ferried to work also.

really cannot imagine young school kids taking cab on their own wherever they go

New hire as in fully grown young adult?! I can understand the convenience if working parents drop off their tertiary/working children along the way. But still wouldn't young adults want some independence by commuting themselves? Sorry I think I'm giving my out of touch unker comments again.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
20 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Last era kids are different from the current generation kids la. I took public buses myself from pri 3, and I remember need to change 2 or 3 different buses to get to school/home.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

ferry since 3 yrs old when they started all the enrichment classes, then school and all the tuitions centres, if parents dun ferry them, they dun go, dun blame the kids [laugh]

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
34 minutes ago, Kopites said:

My wife did shared with me last week of her embarrassment at a nearby coffee shop.

She ordered a big pao from the coffee shop stall. When they passed her the pao she kept insisting to them she wanted a big pao not roast pork pao. They told her this is the one.  To and fro for good a few seconds before she came to her senses. 

I laughed 🤣🤣🤣🤣 silly women. 

Shrinkflation.

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged

nowadays youngsters are used to go out take Grab, dine out at restaurants (hawker centre too hot, or too low ses), at home order food delivery

but ok lah, someone else have to spend more to boost economy right 😁

49 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Parents take public bus together with their pri or lower secondary school kids with bags macam go camping liddat 😅

• Haha! 3

Supercharged
(edited)
4 hours ago, Jellandross said:

New hire as in fully grown young adult?! I can understand the convenience if working parents drop off their tertiary/working children along the way. But still wouldn't young adults want some independence by commuting themselves? Sorry I think I'm giving my out of touch unker comments again.

hahaha....when I was 12, I already can't wait to go out and run around on my own..........😆

Edited by Starry
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
5 hours ago, 13177 said:

Last era kids are different from the current generation kids la. I took public buses myself from pri 3, and I remember need to change 2 or 3 different buses to get to school/home.

Heng ……. I lucky studi oni Preambree Tree oni 🤣

• Haha! 3

5 hours ago, Scion said:

nowadays youngsters are used to go out take Grab, dine out at restaurants (hawker centre too hot, or too low ses), at home order food delivery

but ok lah, someone else have to spend more to boost economy right 😁

Too much pocket money or just no cap on spending as the parents are just ATM without password? 

That is what happened to some of my cousins, they all ended up with big cars, expensive phones and watches even when they were not making much money. Very good life. 😂

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Too much pocket money or just no cap on spending as the parents are just ATM without password? 

That is what happened to some of my cousins, they all ended up with big cars, expensive phones and watches even when they were not making much money. Very good life. 😂

Parents now simply salary too high liao, thats why kids now also very good life.

• Praise 1

last time take a trip to local bread shop easily spend 10+ buks. All the fancy bread finish in 1 night. 

Now buy bread? Buy malaysia  bread . 6 small buns with coconut or red bean etc only 1.5 buks,

buy x2 ( 12 buns ) only 3 buks, can eat 2 days. Because no 1 eat for fun any more 

😂

• Haha! 2

Just now, Arogab said:

COE still so high where got recession???

It is not linked.

High COE is linked to high liquidity in the market.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

It is not linked.

High COE is linked to high liquidity in the market.

Still people got money to bid high for COE mah. If nobody want to buy car, see what is the COE😂

1 minute ago, Arogab said:

Still people got money to bid high for COE mah. If nobody want to buy car, see what is the COE😂

AD bid high high.

See whether how COE price will soften over next few months

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1