Turbocharged
Just now, inlinesix said:

AD bid high high.

See whether how COE price will soften over next few months

See how lor, I can wait. No worries. Haha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Children today and for that matter every generation had it better than their parents.

That is fine as it proves progress.

however a child who is brought up to give in easily to convenience, luxury and the good life will think that that is his right.   So pray that the family is truly rich enough to give him that “right” otherwise, its downhill if he doesnt grow up to understand.  

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 5/3/2022 at 1:20 PM, Etnt said:

I meant at tertiary/just enter job market period, which i assume is what @Jellandrosssaying. But even then I do see new hires being ferried to work also.

really cannot imagine young school kids taking cab on their own wherever they go

Most of the strawberries cannot wake up on time to go to work on bus/mrt, so end up most mornings are a mad dash to get a cab/PHV and probably still late.

But at least when they start working and earning their own salary, it's good to stop all these parental subsidies and let the kids decide for themselves whether the fare is worth it or not, when they know how hard it is to earn that salary.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
15 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Most of the strawberries cannot wake up on time to go to work on bus/mrt, so end up most mornings are a mad dash to get a cab/PHV and probably still late.

But at least when they start working and earning their own salary, it's good to stop all these parental subsidies and let the kids decide for themselves whether the fare is worth it or not, when they know how hard it is to earn that salary.

heard nowadays young people are earning high salary at the start, like 5-6k 

it's good that they are spending to inject the liquidity back into the system 😆

went to woodlands 1 of the coffee shop... help myself with Dausar bao...cashier says in 1.2o per piece....

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
36 minutes ago, Scion said:

heard nowadays young people are earning high salary at the start, like 5-6k 

it's good that they are spending to inject the liquidity back into the system 😆

Starting salary 5-6k? Maybe not so high, but everytime when they jumped ship to another company, their salary increased quite fast. Maybe the start salary is 3.5k, but after jumping to 2-3 companies within few years, their salary can reached 5-6k or more when they are only in their early 30s? Then by late 30s, their salary can be 7k at least liao?

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Starting salary 5-6k? Maybe not so high, but everytime when they jumped ship to another company, their salary increased quite fast. Maybe the start salary is 3.5k, but after jumping to 2-3 companies within few years, their salary can reached 5-6k or more when they are only in their early 30s? Then by late 30s, their salary can be 7k at least liao?

By late 40's drive Grab??

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

By late 40's drive Grab??

When salary is 7k at least at late 30s, why need to drive Grab by late 40s? High chance by late 40s, their salary at least 10k liao? Lol.

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, 13177 said:

By late 30s if salary only 7k , is HK already

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

When salary is 7k at least at late 30s, why need to drive Grab by late 40s? High chance by late 40s, their salary at least 10k liao? Lol.

If by late 40s , salary $10k meanHK already

• Haha! 1

5th Gear
2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

好景不常在。 enjoy while it last. Come middle-age, they will be like us in MCF envying how young people starting pay so high while the oldies remain stagnant or risk being displaced by the young. So good only for about 10-15 years before expiry set in. If still got huge liabilities stretch beyond that, then good luck. lol 😄

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Throttle2 said:

If by late 40s , salary $10k meanHK already

not everyone as capable as you lah boss 😆

7 minutes ago, Scion said:

not everyone as capable as you lah boss 😆

I late 40s come back to work only $4k+

HK long ago already

29 minutes ago, 13177 said:

It is a pyramid - a few may get 10K, the rest will be displaced by people in the 30's willing to do the same thing for less!  Younger, stronger, faster, cheaper!  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Twincharged
On 5/3/2022 at 11:57 PM, Beregond said:

last time take a trip to local bread shop easily spend 10+ buks. All the fancy bread finish in 1 night. 

Now buy bread? Buy malaysia  bread . 6 small buns with coconut or red bean etc only 1.5 buks,

buy x2 ( 12 buns ) only 3 buks, can eat 2 days. Because no 1 eat for fun any more 

😂

i started baking bread..... 😁 but then also not that cheap... I asked myself how much i would pay for it vs the ingredients and power cost. turns out i only make a buck or 2.

no wonder i see all those "artisan" bread selling for so much...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3