Inflation coming to hit us hard.

Watwheels

9 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/diesel-duty-at-pumps-doubles-to-20-cents-per-litre

In line with moving diesel taxation to the pumps to encourage responsible usage, Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat announced on Monday (Feb 18) that the excise duty on the fuel will be raised from 10 cents to 20 cents a litre with immediate effect.

👏🏼

Bro that’s 2019

2022 already got increase to 40 cents?

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

Hypersonic

That's what my kids says.

They just want to help me save money.

No way! They are having cai png no matter how ex.

Want to save me money get 3 vegs.

:D

4 hours ago, Solar said:

We have reached a stage where fastfood burgers are equal/cheaper than our regular coffeeshop meals.

Example McChick cost $2.50 each and McFish $3.20. The regular beehoon fish soup at my place already costing $5, add 50c if want a bowl of rice.

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Solar said:

We have reached a stage where fastfood burgers are equal/cheaper than our regular coffeeshop meals.

Example McChick cost $2.50 each and McFish $3.20. The regular beehoon fish soup at my place already costing $5, add 50c if want a bowl of rice.

$5.50 quite ok price already. Just bought from waterway point few days back $6.60 for fish soup with rice and of course pathetic few pieces of fish slices. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
On 5/9/2022 at 3:22 PM, bsswan said:

Agreed.

A colleague out of Germany is telling their TV debates and political type programs are predicting inflation around 17% by year's end. The UK came out a few weeks predicting 10-11% by year's end....these prices get reflected from one country to another and around the globe unless somebody has the freedom to manipulate their currency and/or are prepared to greatly increase interest rates.

The US didn't got far enough with 50pts and it is arguable the 1% by BoE wasn't enough also but they already did comment, "this is just the first."

In Singapore , we are told only2-3% inflation leh.  Wansui!

Edited by Throttle2
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

In Singapore , we are told only2-3% inflation leh.  Wansui!

Only if MAS really does screw with the currency.

FX to Euro is 1:1.468 but it was only three months ago at 1:1.541 so SGD has appreciated 5%. It can't last. Good for our travels and imports, but not good if we are expecting tourists or businesses to invest into Singapore.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
On 5/2/2022 at 10:01 PM, Starry said:

Wah......got to check my coffeeshop soon. I got a feeling the size may have also change from big pau to medium pau....😁

All coffee shop baus are beautiful la 

download.jpeg

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

Like I've said, need to raise interest rates.

See what this guy said :XD:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/new-omicron-subvariants-ba4-and-ba5-not-surprise-ong-ye-kung-2690696

The biggest concern that has emerged thus far is about drug prices, said Mr Ong. 

“If you go to a GP (general practitioner) versus you go to a polyclinic, up to a certain point, polyclinic drug prices are cheaper.”

Drug prices and subsidies will thus have to be adjusted, and this is an issue authorities “have to really think about”, said Mr Ong.

whatsapp-image-2022-05-18-at-6.06.49-pm.

I guess he mean upwards :lll._.:

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 5/10/2022 at 3:18 PM, Dafansu said:

$5.50 quite ok price already. Just bought from waterway point few days back $6.60 for fish soup with rice and of course pathetic few pieces of fish slices. 

I ownself buy and ownself cook fish :grin:

Hypersonic
1 minute ago, Windwaver said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/new-omicron-subvariants-ba4-and-ba5-not-surprise-ong-ye-kung-2690696

The biggest concern that has emerged thus far is about drug prices, said Mr Ong. 

“If you go to a GP (general practitioner) versus you go to a polyclinic, up to a certain point, polyclinic drug prices are cheaper.”

Drug prices and subsidies will thus have to be adjusted, and this is an issue authorities “have to really think about”, said Mr Ong.

Reduce subsidies lor.

Buy from JB.

Supersonic
5 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

I ownself buy and ownself cook fish :grin:

Even ownself buy fish also not cheap now liao.

10 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

ah boh then?

Subsidies can only downwards

prices can only be upwards

Muayhaha

1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

I think he mean follow Aunty Lucy, must be fair price mah.

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Even ownself buy fish also not cheap now liao.

At least better than others buy fish others cook and you buy :grin:

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Mean polyclinic med going to cost more?

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Mean polyclinic med going to cost more?

Abothen…..cant be private sector drugs cost less mah…..sigh, chit pai si liao

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1