Inflation coming to hit us hard.

Watwheels

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Strat said:

maybe they like the cai png aunty /unker to call them "Suai Ke / Mei Nu" ?

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

all MALA goes by weight la

depend on the ah dee

anyhow press rhe button/selection from the wieghing machine and then anyhow punch the calculator like a guru

and then just said $13.80 … so choon … [laugh] 

Not all. The one at Bedok hawker centre goes by 1 serving, 2 servings…

8 minutes ago, Etnt said:

nowadays cannot any how "zhe ge, na ge" already. 

wait become $20.

Unker $13 cai png....

13_caipng.jpg

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
7 hours ago, 13177 said:

Hearsay even hawker centre stall is by bidding, and the stall could ended up quite ex, so stall owner might also sell ex?

Those cheap cai png stall which still can find, usually long long queue. Lol.

Anyway, dont know why most people like to eat cai png so much? Some people can everyday also eat cai png? 

I can eat chai png every meal because it is one of those few affordable outside food where I can make sure macro nutrient requirements are satisfied based on my selection of dishes.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
7 hours ago, Kxbc said:

Sibei expensive. My duck and roast pork combo rice (with a substantial portion of meat) only $5.50 from a Bedok HC.

Overall, I feel that HC prices are still lower.

maybe show the photo easier to judge, $6+ , Punggol Blk 639 in front Kandaloor LRT. Find it too ex, was expecting $4plus or at most $5 out a bit. 

IMG_20220616_111607.jpg

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 2

2 hours ago, Kxbc said:

I can eat chai png every meal because it is one of those few affordable outside food where I can make sure macro nutrient requirements are satisfied based on my selection of dishes.

Zhup cai png is not the most hygienic food because the food are left out the in open before u put in ur mouth. Albeit spot lights are installed to minimize bacteria growth. Last time I completely Siam cai png coz of this. Now will only eat once a while when I feel like eating with white porridge. 

I know it's the same with chicken rice but I still eat chicken rice. Lol. Contradicting.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Dafansu said:

maybe show the photo easier to judge, $6+ , Punggol Blk 639 in front Kandaloor LRT. Find it too ex, was expecting $4plus or at most $5 out a bit. 

IMG_20220616_111607.jpg

wow this is 3 veg?? 

7 hours ago, Jman888 said:

AMK got $41mil dollar coffee shop, sell ccp at $11 quite cheap liao [laugh]

$40m coffeeshop can now be found in AMK, Yishun and Tampines.

G needs to build more hawker centres around these very expensive coffee shops to help the heartlanders. 

This is self inflicted inflation. 

20 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

$40m coffeeshop can now be found in AMK, Yishun and Tampines.

G needs to build more hawker centres around these very expensive coffee shops to help the heartlanders. 

This is self inflicted inflation. 

They will use the coffeeshop stall rents as benchmark and rent out the HC stalls at 8k (at a "discount"!).... 

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Volvobrick said:

They will use the coffeeshop stall rents as benchmark and rent out the HC stalls at 8k (at a "discount"!).... 

You are right, can't count on our ivory tower scholars that defines cutting taxes as a subsidy.

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

Zhup cai png is not the most hygienic food because the food are left out the in open before u put in ur mouth. Albeit spot lights are installed to minimize bacteria growth. Last time I completely Siam cai png coz of this. Now will only eat once a while when I feel like eating with white porridge. 

I know it's the same with chicken rice but I still eat chicken rice. Lol. Contradicting.

No choice. $5 can only get me a chai png where at least I can get a substantial amount of protein and fiber. 😁

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
2 hours ago, Beregond said:

wow this is 3 veg?? 

In fact no actual meat. The 'Niang Dou Fu' should be min $3-4.

Edited by Dafansu
  • Sad 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

My side Kelantan lane coffeeshop (where Reiwa Soba used to be) changed owner after CNY. The wan ton mee stall I patronised had to move out as the rental increase about 70%, Reiwa soba too. From then until now, the coffeshop only has 1 stall selling Indonesian food. Can't imagine how the owner can tahan from then until now no income from stalls rental except for the indoensia food stall.

Same too. Can't see how those owners of 40 million+ coffeshop can tahan if no income from rental bcos no one takes up their stalls. The tampines one already one stall said will try for few months and see. Likely will have to raise their food prices which in turn would lead to lower crowd.

Edited by Christan
  • Praise 3

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Not the most hygienic food and yet it is the most popular food that people always eat. 😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Not the most hygienic food and yet it is the most popular food that people always eat. 😅

There's a common saying," what's popular may not be right, what's right may not be popular."

So it meant a lot of the majority.......😅

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

17 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I should have sold chai png instead of used cars.

The prices so high one and still got a queue of people buying.

:D

James of All Trades 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3