Inflation coming to hit us hard.

Watwheels

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Dun worry, with increase revenue from GST... the govt is helping S'porean. :D We should be able to overtake NYC.

Edited by jcmm
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

12 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

Another misleading headline vs the fine print. He is just telling people what the industry players and insiders feedback that's all. What is worrying is there is no follow up actions to gather feedback from the ground up for further actions if necessary.

“I’ve spoken to some (tech) industry players and insiders. They feel that the recent round of internationally announced layoffs involving many tech companies is actually going to remove some of the 'froth' in terms of the high asking salaries of people in that sector itself,” he said.

“And many of the insiders within that (tech) industry have gotten back to me (saying) that (the mass layoffs) may not necessarily be a bad thing because the tech insiders think that the growth (of the tech companies) will be more sustainable moving forward.”

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Maybe due to our papies.

I think gov salary and civil service income went up by a lot. All reported in papers.

this I think is so illogical. I thought to fight inflation we should cut gov spending.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

I think gov salary and civil service income went up by a lot. All reported in papers.

this I think is so illogical. I thought to fight inflation we should cut gov spending.

To them, to help employees fight inflation is to increase their salary a lot lo, no matter it is gov/civic service or private sector. 😂 But dont know how many private sector companies have increased their employees salary a lot or not?

22 hours ago, 13177 said:

To them, to help employees fight inflation is to increase their salary a lot lo, no matter it is gov/civic service or private sector. 😂 But dont know how many private sector companies have increased their employees salary a lot or not?

Isn’t it a fact that we have low corruption is due to the government employees being paid fairly well so that they don’t have to go around like thieves to get kick backs?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

58 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Isn’t it a fact that we have low corruption is due to the government employees being paid fairly well so that they don’t have to go around like thieves to get kick backs?

No wonder our ministers/MP salary sooooooo high.

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No wonder our ministers/MP salary sooooooo high.

If u rewind the tape to pendemic. Some have to adapt to having a grab job to make ends meet.

and yet, if you have a grab temp job, it means u are not jobless and there’s not a need to work on improving the overall situation for those that has been displaced from the job market. Oxymoron response 

and no one in their right mind would want to hold down 2 jobs if their pay are high enough. And hence the default hob is always the Govt job when times are bad.

On 12/3/2022 at 11:41 AM, Sdf4786k said:

While I can't deny this fact but greed is very difficult to curb given the opportunities. A fair way is to be able to do an audit before and after holding office, how much a person or their related family have accumulated. After all we all have to declare income tax, nothing so confidential right? Question is, can salaried person be multi millionaire? 

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Victor68 said:

While I can't deny this fact but greed is very difficult to curb given the opportunities. A fair way is to be able to do an audit before and after holding office, how much a person or their related family have accumulated. After all we all have to declare income tax, nothing so confidential right? Question is, can salaried person be multi millionaire? 

Can salaried person be multi millionaire?

Can definitely, if that person knows how to take the right opportunities and knows how to save and invest a lot.

Many salaried people are multi millionaires, and by multi millionaire, i mean minimum $10m, not the $2m 3m $4m $5m type.

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Can definitely, if that person knows how to take the right opportunities and knows how to save and invest a lot.

Many salaried people are multi millionaires, and by multi millionaire, i mean minimum $10m, not the $2m 3m $4m $5m type.

Then declare lor. Make sure all is above board.

1 hour ago, Benarsenal said:

Then declare lor. Make sure all is above board.

What talking you?  
simi, got under table meh?
😂🤣

Edited by Throttle2

10 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

In today context $5m is quite common in your lifetime if you include assets. $10 m hope you are not including property you live in which can be easily be more than half that number. I am referring to those that have accumulated vast assets and investment beyond maths using their disposable salary.

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

In today context $5m is quite common in your lifetime if you include assets. $10 m hope you are not including property you live in which can be easily be more than half that number. I am referring to those that have accumulated vast assets and investment beyond maths using their disposable salary.

Then you should rewrite your post becos thats not what you wrote

and yes $5mil networth is a dime a dozen

so let me give you the answer you want to hear

yes, if you are a Singapore minister, easy peasy!!  Multi millionaire by retirement.  Easily $30mil up

🤣😁😂

Edited by Throttle2

7 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

Many rich people, even Govt people, never fully declare their source of wealth. Which arouses suspicion even if they never do anything wrong.

To be fair, they only hqve to declare what they have to declare by law or policy otherwise why declare?

but we all know every minister or truly high rank govt official makes 7 digits a year easy

so they are several lifetimes covered for sure upon retirement  ut if they can achieve that with their own capability and do the job well then so be it.

the only one thing is accountability 

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2