Inflation coming to hit us hard.

Watwheels

44 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

SQ no alternative? Daily consumables must maintain lah. If government give you $400 to offset inflation, it is only $1 per day for 1 year. Better they stop those $1m bin center. 

No lah, not $1mil, it was only $600k…. Cheap cheap. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

No lah, not $1mil, it was only $600k…. Cheap cheap. 

The bin center cost is $880k lah.. cheap cheap

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

Wah, $880k is way too much, fire these people for spending taxpayers money like that.😤

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Wah, $880k is way too much, fire these people for spending taxpayers money like that.😤

It is complicated as explained. Must study why a bin center is so complicated. Debris self disposed? 

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

lust time i moved to a new estate beside a canal. The canal is pretty long and people living in the estate need to walk quite a distance to the main roads on either end to cross the canal. So the FB group request the MP to build a bridge across. The canal around 20m and the MP say cannot as it will cost 1 million sgd to build a 20m bridge. 

Something is very wrong from the way they do things. My contractor told me they will quote very high for gov job as there are alot of document and regulation to follow. Payment is also usually very slow. 

• Shocked 1

simi inflation? simi hit us hard? can eat de ma?

where got inflation if you look at COE bidding result today ... LOL

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

It is complicated as explained. Must study why a bin center is so complicated. Debris self disposed? 

No leh, i reconstruct my house for $1mil in 2019.   
they only construct a bin center? Unless the bin center is all automated robotics. 

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

they only construct a bin center? Unless the bin center is all automated robotics. 

Did you engage the right architect and the contractor? Like famous painting, road side cost $10, famous one million 😆

1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

The design consulting alone was about half that amount. Who says architects jin pai tan? Only needed a straight ruler for this job. 

931463371_nac-bin-centre2.jpg.6a7654161a4cd3ee43c52247f7bc4d38.jpg

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

That’s outer shelf only?

4 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Businesses exist to make max profits for the owners. Can't blame them for maximising their profits, unless they are in a monopolistic situation/collusion in which case the gahmen must step in to regulate.

I don't mind hawkers charging more and make more money as I can choose to go elsewhere, but SQ tickets, petrol stations vehicle inspections etc... those I mind as there are no alternative! 

Bro.... SQ tikets can get alternatives ..... got options actually...... but the KNN Testing Centres and Petrol we are held at ransom ; But for businesses ; freight forwarders in the KD (keppel distripark), PSA, hauliers  and shipping lines   have jacked up charges 2 fold in the last 9 monhts alone If I may boldly say with lotsa silly extra's been added; Just when the container shortage has mellowed down freight rates (which went up almost 3-4 times in the middle of last year till about CNY this year) ..... this silly charges have crept up with the new Terminal now in Tuas coming on stream .... lagi crazy charges if your business is all the way in Loyang         

• Praise 2

22 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

The design consulting alone was about half that amount. Who says architects jin pai tan? Only needed a straight ruler for this job. 

931463371_nac-bin-centre2.jpg.6a7654161a4cd3ee43c52247f7bc4d38.jpg

Most occasions, it is never about the actual works that are costly. Getting that job and ensuring continuity may cost more. This bin center indeed is very special. 😆

2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Malay Cai Png is now more expensive than Chinese equivalent. Don't know why like that. Maybe they charge higher to make up for the much smaller volume sold.

Nasi padang always more expensive.  Today i had it.  Rendang, kankong and another veg.   $8.5

but $24 is simply ridiculous lah, come on

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2