Inflation coming to hit us hard.

Watwheels

Supercharged
On 7/31/2022 at 12:08 AM, Ct3833 said:

番薯(fan-si) will buy, fools will buy.

It is for people who buy to make an impression to their in-laws, clients, friends, relatives.....

Same with buying a branded conti car what....a jap car would have done the job.

Edited by Starry
↡ Advertisement

6 hours ago, Alfc said:

If his stall is doing well serving the old folks at affordable price and can mostly sell out, maybe it is good that the better off folks do not go eat into their daily quotas. 

You got a point there. Didn't thought of that. 👍

Supercharged
7 hours ago, Alfc said:

If his stall is doing well serving the old folks at affordable price and can mostly sell out, maybe it is good that the better off folks do not go eat into their daily quotas. 

That's the right thing to do, but my spider sense is telling me that after this news is out, it will be the better off folks that will start going there to eat.

• Haha! 1

56 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Never eaten at TFF and never will. Not because of their price but because they put LKY, LHL, Nathan photos at their store front when they probably don’t even eat chicken rice and just doing a walkabout. See liao also turn off.

LKY eat chicken rice? He’s so health conscious. 

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 6

57 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Never eaten at TFF and never will. Not because of their price but because they put LKY, LHL, Nathan photos at their store front when they probably don’t even eat chicken rice and just doing a walkabout. See liao also turn off.

Maybe the stall owner believe in talisman can ward off evil? :D

• Haha! 5

58 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I only tried their chicken rice not more than 3 times. First time i ate impression not very good, cause the portion very little.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, 13177 said:

I only tried their chicken rice not more than 3 times. First time i ate impression not very good, cause the portion very little.

You bluff us lah. You don't eat oily food one. 😁

• Haha! 2

8 hours ago, Starry said:

That's the right thing to do, but my spider sense is telling me that after this news is out, it will be the better off folks that will start going there to eat.

then they have to cook more, sell more earn more mah.

8 hours ago, Kxbc said:

You bluff us lah. You don't eat oily food one. 😁

Got la, i still got eat but not those very oily food lo. 😂 So chicken rice i would eat once a long while, since some chicken rice the rice is quite oily. 😬

• Haha! 1

16 hours ago, 13177 said:

My friend and his wife used to eat half chicken. And his wife isn't even a big eater lol. 

Yeah I ordered once and never again. It's overpriced for chicken rice. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 2

If you guys are at Jalan Besar area, go try this chicken rice stall at Jalan Berseh food centre.

The mother helped those single elderly and poor. 1 plate is $3.50 and half chicken is $12, whole chicken is $22 if I remembered correctly. White chicken is kampung chicken and roasted is frozen, can see the size difference.

Kiat traditional hainanese chicken rice

https://goo.gl/maps/YaU1inzy7x9Efx9d9

Opposite the stall is a stall that sell Thai food. The Tom yum soup is very good too, not the clear one. Run by uncle Ben and his Thai wife.

• Praise 7

On 7/30/2022 at 8:37 PM, Beregond said:

Ya. your company can have income as low as 400000/year or even lower to apply for gst, just that alot of paper work,

Many small business cannot be bother about it, esp those that do their own account. because last time 3-5% is not worth the effort. when it become 7% alot of them think twice about it.

When it go to 9 % i am sure even more business, esp those micro/small business will start applying gst .

Exactly opposite to what those ppl on top think, i feel the low income group will be the most effected. 

Rich ppl wont be bother, they can afford 1m hdb, 100k coe. 168/box mooncake.

A lot of paper work. Registering Pte Ltd, accounting etc all must sui sui. Most of these SME’s operation are very traditional. Help Govt collect gst $.

Yes, the lower income group will be badly affected. The 8% will just be pass down to the consumers. 

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

S'pore core inflation hits new 13-year high of 4.8% in July, overall inflation reaches 7%

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/economy/spore-core-inflation-hits-new-13-year-high-of-48-in-july-overall-inflation-reaches-7

Wah core...i tink I better faster go buy a big bowl from Daiso while it's still tu dollah and prepare to go around with the bowl to collect free tofu and vegetables...no need too big a bowl since I eat little liao 😁

images.jpeg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

21 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Wah core...i tink I better faster go buy a big bowl from Daiso while it's still tu dollah and prepare to go around with the bowl to collect free tofu and vegetables...no need too big a bowl since I eat little liao 😁

images.jpeg

Lucky got the $100 CDC voucher. 

• Haha! 2