Is our Police asking too much?

Carbon82

Is our Police asking too much?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Is it reasonable that a Police Permit is needed for conducting an event on any road or part thereof?

• Yes, organisers of the convoy events should apply for a permit to keep our society and road safer.
    • No, too much hassle for the organisers and this will kills car meetups and convoy on the road.
    • None of my concern since I don't join such meetup or convoy.
  2. 2. Should a Police Permit be mandated for cyclists in convoy on any road or part thereof?

• Yes, if permit is to help to keep our society and road safer.
    • No, too much hassle for the organisers and this will kills cycling as a hobby.
    • None of my concern since I don't join such cyclists group.

Supercharged
1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Please start a MU.

I sarpork you

there is no nice venue around that area leh

we meet in front of Tamiya?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, Phang said:

there is no nice venue around that area leh

we meet in front of Tamiya?

We can also meet on the other side of Ubi Road 1 along the rows of Motor Tiam

The stretch can fit a lot of cars in the car park.

🤭

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
59 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

With act like this and people complaining, how does one expect the police not to respond?

7C481408-138C-4055-B0F0-35809E677B9B.png

si gina's like these sort of attention. no attention no fun. their mentality is to hell with the consequences. anything for enjoyment now goes. no way will my kids be educated this way.

• Praise 5

6 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

si gina's like these sort of attention. no attention no fun. their mentality is to hell with the consequences. anything for enjoyment now goes. no way will my kids be educated this way.

Peer Pressure

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

With act like this and people complaining, how does one expect the police not to respond?

For folks watching too much trashy F&F movies 

• Haha! 3

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

I am introvert and nerdy but I did wheelspin, top speed run and power slide when I was young too

I read somewhere when you are young, your brain is not wired to feel fear and thinking about bad consequences 

I cringed whenever I recall those moments and scolded myself si ginna

fortunately, I didn't harm myself or others and survived 

• Haha! 8

On 5/3/2022 at 9:51 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Can do car meetup in hong lim park? 

Can lah, but must take it to another authorised place to burn for offering 🙂

Hypersonic
(edited)
3 hours ago, Phang said:

I am introvert and nerdy but I did wheelspin, top speed run and power slide when I was young too

I read somewhere when you are young, your brain is not wired to feel fear and thinking about bad consequences 

I cringed whenever I recall those moments and scolded myself si ginna

fortunately, I didn't harm myself or others and survived 

It’s called Adolescent Recklessness then. 😁 

Now it’s called YOLO.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 2

8 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

What's wrong with a BBQ gathering in a public carpark? Just that fire starter they use R35's exhausts only mah 😁

• Haha! 5

Twincharged
3 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

What's wrong with a BBQ gathering in a public carpark? Just that fire starter they use R35's exhausts only mah 😁

I love it when the show offs blow their own engine and have to call for a tow! 

• Haha! 4

11 hours ago, Phang said:

I think we should do car meetup near to TP HQ

that will auto filter out all the heros 😁

Wah, 最危险的地方是最安全的!果然高明 [thumbsup][thumbsup]

人不狂妄枉少年, I did stupid things in my younger days too, but not to the extend of attracting unwanted attention or causing inconvenience to others, with or without social media. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged
On 5/3/2022 at 10:07 AM, 13177 said:

I find go car meetup is go there feed mozzies, i dont like. 😅

And hence the revving of engines is to smog out the mozzies

• Haha! 1

On 5/3/2022 at 2:05 PM, Watwheels said:

Any form of gathering be it humans or vehicles it is not allowed. It is called "illegal gathering".

This I know since younger days of chiong at night spots or pubs. If you are together with a group of friends expect non-uniforms to ask for your IC. It is "routine check" for them, that's what they will say. At the same time they will catch those who are drinking underage. I think ppl in mcf are good boys and good girls, never had police take down your IC before in their life. LoL...

For cars and other form of vehicles I believe ppl in the public will call the police nevertheless. It is an eye sore. Hahaha...

Anyway police dont make the call, they are just enforcing the law that is in place for many years. It is not personal.

ya, i remember last time our teacher say cannot gather more than 5 outside on Fridays. lol. more than 5 need permit.

Last time i used to go for MU at one of the MSCP near the workshop boss house. Then some SGN keep rev-ing the engine and drive dangerously in the CP and kena police warning. After that we just go the to workshop and gather. I've stopped going after a few times cause the group can be quite a nuisances. Driving to a place for supper means a race to see who reach there fastest. Some are quite chill but having 10 to 20 cars of the same model travelling together is sure to garner attention from others. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Twincharged

yup typical male egos when in a group or convoy. i only go for meet ups. refuse to participate in convoys where it will end up with a few who always think they are better. drive faster, corner faster and start to act like they are the king in the group.

• Praise 3

Supersonic
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

I thought you only meet hantu after tong tong Chiang 

This hantu sibei tok kong one. Show up at wowo meetup in a bmw.....

• Haha! 10

24 minutes ago, Soya said:

This hantu sibei tok kong one. Show up at wowo meetup in a bmw.....

EC364C5F-3060-4191-9EDA-FF38BCAC8CC9.gif

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 8