Is our Police asking too much?

Carbon82

Is our Police asking too much?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Is it reasonable that a Police Permit is needed for conducting an event on any road or part thereof?

• Yes, organisers of the convoy events should apply for a permit to keep our society and road safer.
    • No, too much hassle for the organisers and this will kills car meetups and convoy on the road.
    • None of my concern since I don't join such meetup or convoy.
  2. 2. Should a Police Permit be mandated for cyclists in convoy on any road or part thereof?

• Yes, if permit is to help to keep our society and road safer.
    • No, too much hassle for the organisers and this will kills cycling as a hobby.
    • None of my concern since I don't join such cyclists group.

13 minutes ago, SGMCF328 said:

Fear not. Maybe you and @Carbon82 can join force to be PI, importing niche JDM and conti for the ultra rich......

...... not those real and expensive one but paper cars! Good business opportunity leh 🤣🤣

PI Toyota cars? 😁

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

No, car meetps do not require permit according to the law and current regulations. Unless your meet involves blocking traffic or stopping in the middle of a lane to rev, pop and bang, or create a huge ruckus then yes you will need one. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 2

On 5/14/2022 at 6:20 PM, mariawalker said:

Car meetup also needs permit now? Last time so many car meetup at carpark, they also never step in to interfere?! Life is really getting stressful now... 😅

No, car meetps do not require permit according to the law and current regulations. Unless your meet involves blocking traffic or stopping in the middle of a lane to rev, pop and bang, or create a huge ruckus then yes you will need one. 

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
14 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Why would you say it loud here leh? 🥴

Hahaha. To prove that the forum is not bias one. 😂

• Haha! 1

This is my first time in the community and I am enjoying it. I feel like it's a pleasant place to be.

I thought the cops were taking too long to respond. The police action is something I endorse. It's preferable to nip them in the bud than to allow them to get out of hand.

On a busy route like Changi Road, convoys of prime movers, trucks, vans, and motorcycles occupying two or more lanes, screaming horns, and flashing illegally installed lights are unsafe and deadly. It just takes a minor occurrence to set off a chain of events that can quickly spiral out of control. It has the potential to be a wild party.

Meetups at car parks, on the other hand, should not be limited to only a meeting of car lovers to admire and share knowledge about automobiles, if there are no drive arounds. Perhaps an email to the cops to let them know.

On 6/2/2022 at 6:02 PM, rogerjesperl65 said:

This is my first time in the community and I am enjoying it. I feel like it's a pleasant place to be.

I thought the cops were taking too long to respond. The police action is something I endorse. It's preferable to nip them in the bud than to allow them to get out of hand.

On a busy route like Changi Road, convoys of prime movers, trucks, vans, and motorcycles occupying two or more lanes, screaming horns, and flashing illegally installed lights are unsafe and deadly. It just takes a minor occurrence to set off a chain of events that can quickly spiral out of control. It has the potential to be a wild party.

Meetups at car parks, on the other hand, should not be limited to only a meeting of car lovers to admire and share knowledge about automobiles, if there are no drive arounds. Perhaps an email to the cops to let them know.

In fact, car meet ups are openly posted in forums and social media, and they have NEVER been called out. MCF's Meetup pages would have been removed already if this were not the case.

Hypersonic
2 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Very insensitive. 

Wondering what was going thru his pea brain…

• Praise 1

On 5/17/2022 at 12:42 PM, Mockngbrd said:

While bunch of bicycle people block bus counted? :XD:

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Mustank said:

While bunch of bicycle people block bus counted? :XD:

If cos no need la, see the video got police meh? 

• Praise 2