Is our Police asking too much?

Carbon82

Is our Police asking too much?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Is it reasonable that a Police Permit is needed for conducting an event on any road or part thereof?

• Yes, organisers of the convoy events should apply for a permit to keep our society and road safer.
    • No, too much hassle for the organisers and this will kills car meetups and convoy on the road.
    • None of my concern since I don't join such meetup or convoy.
  2. 2. Should a Police Permit be mandated for cyclists in convoy on any road or part thereof?

• Yes, if permit is to help to keep our society and road safer.
    • No, too much hassle for the organisers and this will kills cycling as a hobby.
    • None of my concern since I don't join such cyclists group.

19 minutes ago, Karoon said:

But lta says can't mod illegally. Those whose revs disturb the peace definitely mod. Just bao toh. 

my car legal xos + open pod

my car is v loud

lta approve

what rubbish is this,  loud = illegal

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)
26 minutes ago, Locknload said:

But those long line of exotic cars (few commenced from Hilton in Orchard Rd start-point previously) that roared downtown to MBS etc were not accosted by TP and I knew that there were few lawyers and young doctors in the mix. So, does high ses cars attract less attention than motorbikes? I'm not comparing those that consisted of bikes, and even container trucks that blasted their horns throughout the neighborhood causing jams during weddings, as they were a nuisance. 

Yes and at the same time, many many other non-exotic car convoys were/are also ongoing elsewhere with no issues nor getting pulled over. Or are you trying to turn this into a high-ses vs middle-ses vs low-ses issue? You do also realise there were Lambros at the Decathlon meet too right?

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
(edited)
3 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

As much as some cyclists get on my nerves, I've been very fair and voted "no" on both.

This country and its legal system are becoming a tragic joke in my view. And police spokespersons are not always right about the law and its interpretation and enforcement. For example, I recall there was one time one spokesperson said stay off the right lane at any speed unless overtaking, otherwise it's hogging, and another seemed to contradict that with the assertion that it was fine to travel the right lane at the speed limit. No guesses as to which one is more often quoted by the Roach Vaginante sites. 🙄

If Singapore's legal system and country are run as a tragic joke, we won't be a so much safer country as compared to others near and far, and foreign investment which creates jobs won't come here.  Words should be taken with the full context, otherwise it will be wrongly interpreted. 

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
18 minutes ago, DylanChen said:

my car legal xos + open pod

my car is v loud

lta approve

what rubbish is this,  loud = illegal

What's your reason for making your car loud? 

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Karoon said:

sound v nice. 

inside tunnel , drop 2 gears & WOT.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 3

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Any form of gathering be it humans or vehicles it is not allowed. It is called "illegal gathering".

This I know since younger days of chiong at night spots or pubs. If you are together with a group of friends expect non-uniforms to ask for your IC. It is "routine check" for them, that's what they will say. At the same time they will catch those who are drinking underage. I think ppl in mcf are good boys and good girls, never had police take down your IC before in their life. LoL...

For cars and other form of vehicles I believe ppl in the public will call the police nevertheless. It is an eye sore. Hahaha...

Anyway police dont make the call, they are just enforcing the law that is in place for many years. It is not personal.

"Gathering" is very broad though. You meet and makan dinner with your friends is also consider as gathering, no?

I think as long as you are not making a public nuisance, it shouldn't be an issue.

• Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Benarsenal said:

I think as long as you are not making a public nuisance, it shouldn't be an issue.

This has probably been the case for years with mutual respect on all sides (mata and participants) until the decathlon clowns appeared. 

• Praise 6

Turbocharged
34 minutes ago, DylanChen said:

sound v nice. 

inside tunnel , drop 2 gears & WOT.

Your car may be legal now as current limit is 103db (jackhammer sound level) which to me was a mistake. But thankfully next year new law on car noise levels of 66db will remove nuisance off our roads. I have reported noisy vehicles to nea previously and at least its troublesome to the owners. 

• Praise 6

10 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Your car may be legal now as current limit is 103db (jackhammer sound level) which to me was a mistake. But thankfully next year new law on car noise levels of 66db will remove nuisance off our roads. I have reported noisy vehicles to nea previously and at least its troublesome to the owners. 

66db applies to new car and motorcycle.

Good exhaust system has a switch.

(edited)

Authorities never cared about noise pollution per se. Else Harley Davidson bikes should be totally banned from the start right? You don't even need a convoy just group a few of these bikes together and see how loud they are even at idle.

What's the scientific reason allowing some vehicles to disturb public peace while others are not allowed? 

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Locknload said:

But those long line of exotic cars (few commenced from Hilton in Orchard Rd start-point previously) that roared downtown to MBS etc were not accosted by TP and I knew that there were few lawyers and young doctors in the mix. So, does high ses cars attract less attention than motorbikes? I'm not comparing those that consisted of bikes, and even container trucks that blasted their horns throughout the neighborhood causing jams during weddings, as they were a nuisance. 

So what can you and me do about it ?? ………. I would say live and let live 

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
3 hours ago, Shibadog said:

i am against selective, discriminatory policing. 

Sad to say it is always the case... 

Rich when commit the same traffic offence or major accident go to court... their sentence always lower.. they are from good family.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Karoon said:

I say small kkj syndrome..... 

Like stuffing a sock into the pants. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Haha! 12

Turbocharged

Why 4ntm?

🤭

Go pour water ah?

Back in the day of national library rounding at that kopitiam with the omegas.

😉

Hypersonic
42 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Same, I also report before previously. Late night or early morning going up and down MSCP.

Disturb the entire quiet neighbourhood. 

• Praise 5

19 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I say small kkj syndrome..... 

Like stuffing a sock into the pants. 

Unlike your kkj, loud exo needs loud engine.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
5 hours ago, Jamesc said:

The problem is when police stop them

All said - Not me it was orgnaised by A B C D and E.

:D

Now police are looking for A B C D and E.

Did they all ready have to say it was A B C D and E?

If some said I think it was D and another no no it was B

and someone said it could have been A.

Well no! They all have to say it was A B C D and E.

If A B C D and E are reading this

you really wasted your time organising the event

for a load of ungrateful idiots!

You know who not invite next time right?

Hypersonic
(edited)
5 hours ago, Jamesc said:

The problem is when police stop them

All said - Not me it was orgnaised by A B C D and E.

Now police are looking for A B C D and E.

I feel sorry for E!

I really feel sorry for you

When the nice policeman asked

all said it was A B C D and I am sure E was in as well.

Don't you forget about him nice Mr policeman.

Do they really have to be so comprehensive?

They are delivery drivers they are always forgetting someone's parcel.

When it comes to telling name they are so f@#king through.

It was A B C D and E and don't forget E Mr policeman.

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement